Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Fable TLC Trainer +24 Help, "Cannot access specified device, path, or file."
Fable TLC Trainer +24 Help, "Cannot access specified device, path, or file." [message #16553] Fri, 09 February 2007 12:45 Go to next message
Sotai is currently offline  Sotai
I managed to get the shop trainer to work. However I couldn't get the Fable TLC Trainer +24 to work. It won't even start up. Am I supposed to have it in a specific folder or anything?

Here is the error message I get:
"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Just to note, I am the administrator on this PC, so I highly doubt permissions is the issue.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advanced.

PS> I have tried just re-downloading it altogether, and retrying, nothing.
Re: Fable TLC Trainer +24 Help, "Cannot access specified device, path, or file." [message #16564 is a reply to message #16553] Fri, 09 February 2007 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

did you have fable open when you tried to run the trainer?

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: Fable TLC Trainer +24 Help, "Cannot access specified device, path, or file." [message #16565 is a reply to message #16564] Sat, 10 February 2007 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sotai is currently offline  Sotai
Though I've heard it doesn't matter if you open it up before, I think it might have been because of my internet/program security application. Think that might have messed with it?
Re: Fable TLC Trainer +24 Help, "Cannot access specified device, path, or file." [message #16614 is a reply to message #16553] Mon, 12 February 2007 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant Hammerhoof is currently offline  Grant Hammerhoof

Here's what I do; it works for me:

- Download the trainer, obviously.
- Extract the files to my "Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\" game directory.
- Run the trainer.
- Run Fable.
- Once in-game, I use [Alt] + [Tab] to switch to the trainer, and minimize Fable.
- Enable the options wanted.
- Bring up the Fable game once more, by either pressing [Alt] + [Tab] again, or clicking on the application tab.
- Do what would like to be done, such as learn spells or strengths, or make sure my reputation has been affected the way I want it to, etcetera.
- Minimize Fable again, and [Disable all cheats].
- Switch back to Fable, and save the game.

See how far you can get following that...If you still can't get it to work, well, I don't know, sorry! http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/grant_hammerhoof/Moo-ImGrant.gif

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/grant_hammerhoof/Grant_BuffBull_WesternSignature.png

[Updated on: Mon, 12 February 2007 03:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable TLC Trainer +24 Help, "Cannot access specified device, path, or file." [message #17066 is a reply to message #16553] Mon, 12 March 2007 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spectre416 is currently offline  spectre416
Im having the same problem Mad
Re: Fable TLC Trainer +24 Help, "Cannot access specified device, path, or file." [message #17290 is a reply to message #16553] Thu, 22 March 2007 12:42 Go to previous message
phonodude is currently offline  phonodude
I don't know...since when I download it, it won't extract the .exe trainer file Evil or Very Mad
Previous Topic: Help!
Next Topic: albion explorer is messing up.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:31:51 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01411 seconds