Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Serious Newb at this
Serious Newb at this [message #16579] Sat, 10 February 2007 19:10 Go to next message
Greenman is currently offline  Greenman
Ok i read everything on recoloring stuff i have Fable Explorer and Adobe photoshop when i go to texture.big i find what i want to re color.what do i do from there? ty in advance Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 10 February 2007 20:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Serious Newb at this [message #16585 is a reply to message #16579] Sun, 11 February 2007 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

How to change a texture:

Quote:

1. Back up your 'textures.big' file (found in: \Fable\data\graphics\pc )
2. Fire up FableExplorer (FE) and open textures.big.
3. Find the texture you want to change
4. Click 'save as' and save the texture as an .bmp (or something else, I recommend .png)
5. Open the texture with Photoshop (or a different program) and change it as you like.
6. Save the changed texture as an .bmp again (or something else, as long as FE can read it of course)
7. Now in FE in the window of the texture click 'open new'
8. Click 'browse' and select the texture you changed.
9. Click 'open' (make sure the import format is DXT1)
10. Now in FE in the window of the texture change the 'Alpha' to 0.
11. Click 'apply changes'
12. Click 'Actions' and 'Save Mods and Run Fable'

For changing tattoos and hair textures (Alpha enabled textures), set import DXT3 and Alpha to 1.
Of course you'll have to use a file format that supports alpha enabled textures, like .png

This way has never failed me...

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 November 2009 00:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Serious Newb at this [message #16590 is a reply to message #16579] Sun, 11 February 2007 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
They are with all the other textures. I believe the file names are something along the lines of COMP_HERO_WILL.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Retexture Issues [message #64473 is a reply to message #16585] Wed, 24 August 2011 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Le Compte is currently offline  Le Compte

Quote:

1. Back up your 'textures.big' file (found in: \Fable\data\graphics\pc )
2. Fire up FableExplorer (FE) and open textures.big.
3. Find the texture you want to change
4. Click 'save as' and save the texture as an .bmp (or something else, I recommend .png)
5. Open the texture with Photoshop (or a different program) and change it as you like.
6. Save the changed texture as an .bmp again (or something else, as long as FE can read it of course)
7. Now in FE in the window of the texture click 'open new'
8. Click 'browse' and select the texture you changed.
9. Click 'open' (make sure the import format is DXT1)
10. Now in FE in the window of the texture change the 'Alpha' to 0.
11. Click 'apply changes'
12. Click 'Actions' and 'Save Mods and Run Fable'

So I followed that as exactly to the description and my exact process was open FE, find texture (TEXTURE_HERO_APPRENTICE_TROUSERS_NEUTRAL) click 'save as' and save as (TEXTURE_HERO_APPRENTICE_TROUSERS_NEUTRAL.bmp). Then I editited the texture to my liking with 'Paint.NET' saved as (TEXTURE_HERO_APPRENTICE_TROUSERS_NEUTRAL.bmp), went to original texture, clicked 'open' browsed for my save, found it, made sure it was on DXT1, opened and it the 'alpha' was already on '0' so no change and clicked 'apply changes' clicked 'actions'>'Save Mods and Run Fable' and it DIDN'T work.
Please someone find a flaw so i can fix it.
Re: Retexture Issues [message #64475 is a reply to message #64473] Wed, 24 August 2011 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Le Compte wrote on Wed, 24 August 2011 03:31

So I followed that as exactly to the description and my exact process was open FE, find texture (TEXTURE_HERO_APPRENTICE_TROUSERS_NEUTRAL) click 'save as' and save as (TEXTURE_HERO_APPRENTICE_TROUSERS_NEUTRAL.bmp). Then I editited the texture to my liking with 'Paint.NET' saved as (TEXTURE_HERO_APPRENTICE_TROUSERS_NEUTRAL.bmp), went to original texture, clicked 'open' browsed for my save, found it, made sure it was on DXT1, opened and it the 'alpha' was already on '0' so no change and clicked 'apply changes' clicked 'actions'>'Save Mods and Run Fable' and it DIDN'T work.
Please someone find a flaw so i can fix it.

PMing me with this, cross-posting, thread-necromancy, keep going, you might set a record for infuriating people.

It works, you're just doing it wrong. The tipoff is that you say Alpha is already on 0. Whenever you import a texture, Alpha switches to 1. Always. So what you're doing wrong is somewhere in there.
Re: Retexture Issues [message #64476 is a reply to message #64475] Wed, 24 August 2011 02:01 Go to previous message
Le Compte is currently offline  Le Compte
K sorry and thank you
Previous Topic: Clothes Merging Problem
Next Topic: Remove items
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:34:21 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01246 seconds