Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Hero Body Texture
Hero Body Texture [message #16630] Tue, 13 February 2007 00:22 Go to next message
ironman2pt0 is currently offline  ironman2pt0
Hi there!

I've made some body textures that make the hero more muscular looking from the tattoo textures that are given with the default package.

However, I want to have these textures on the hero as his default skin,and be able to apply tattoos over this.

I included the chest texture in case anyone else also wants to use it, I think it's quite good myself.

Could someone show me how to this? I downloaded Fable Explorer before and I sort of screwed up the game. I found the hero skin texture, clicked on Open As and chose my improved texture, then I chose Apply Changes and the preview changed. So then I went to play the game and as soon as I got up to the teenager section the game crashed and now continues to crash at this point.

1) To keep an idiot busy, read 2.
2) To keep an idiot busy, read 1.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 February 2007 01:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hero Body Texture [message #16631 is a reply to message #16630] Tue, 13 February 2007 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant Hammerhoof is currently offline  Grant Hammerhoof

Quote:

To un-screw the game, you might just re-install it.

To generally replace textures in Fable, do this:

- Open Fable Explorer

- At the top-left of the program, you'll see a squareish area, which has text saying, 'graphics.big, textures.big, frontend.big, text.big, etcetera. Double-Click on "textures.big".

- Wait for it to load (shouldn't take too long).

- Click on the [+] icon beside "GBANK_MAIN_PC"

- You'll be presented with a long, long list of text along the lines of "GRAPHIC_<something>" Scroll down, down, down...until you reach the "TEXTURE_HERO" section. Keep going down. Now you should be in the "COMP_HERO" section. Keep going until you find this line: "HERO_SKIN_ARMS". It should just say that alone, with no comp_hero or anything.

- Now, to change the texture of the front of the Hero, go ahead and open up "HERO_SKIN_TORSO". In the big grey area of the screen, a window should open. It should contain some buttons at the top, and at the bottom, an image. You'll probably recognize it.

- Above the image, and at the right-side of the sub-window, you should see buttons saying [Open New], [Add Frame], and [Save As...]. Not only can you use this to make backups, but you can also use it to edit other textures!

- For safety's sake, you should click on [Save As...] and save it somewhere, as a backup. When you're ready to swap the default texture with your custom one however, go ahead and click on [Open New].

- A small dialog box will pop up, saying Inport Format: [DXT1[, File To Open: None, [Browse], [Open], and [Cancel]. Click on the [DXT1]. A scroll-box will appear. You only have two choices, DXT1 or DXT3. Use DXT3 (better quality, as far as I know from my having used it all the time).

- Once you've changed DXT1 to DXT3, go ahead and click on [Browse]. In the new window, navigate to your custom skin, and go ahead and double-click on it. NOTE: If your edited file isn't showing up, there's a line at the bottom of the Open window that says "Files of type:" Beside it, there should be a bar saying "*.bmp". Click on it to open a scroll-bar. Choose the file-type that you saved your image as. You image should show up now.

- Once you've selected the image, the Open window should close, and you'll be back at the Open New Texture window. Go ahead and click on [Open], which should now be available to use.

- Click on [Apply Changes] to save your edit.

- If you are finished swapping textures, go ahead and click on the [Actions] tab at the top-left of the Fable Explorer window. Then click on [Save and Run Fable]. A dialog box will pop up saying [Press 'OK' when you have finished using and have closed Fable.] It explains itself, eh?
You'll probably be presented with a "Could not find Splash.exe" or something along those lines. In that case, just click on [OK] and it's all good.
If you get an [ERROR: Could not find Library] window, then you need to put in the disk, silly!

- If you have more skins to swap, I'm sure you're clever enough to figure out what you'll want to do!

Hope that helps. http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/grant_hammerhoof/Moo-ImGrant.gif

Ahh, I see you edited your message, heh...Hmm...I wonder what's causing it. I'll ponder the subject a bit, but that's rather interesting. You mentioned you 'screwed up the game'. You might want to try a re-install, for a fresh start, change the texture again, and test. If it crashes again, then...hmm. I'm out of answers, sorry!

Yeah, about all I can suggest is a re-install.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/grant_hammerhoof/Grant_BuffBull_WesternSignature.png

[Updated on: Tue, 13 February 2007 01:41]

Re: Hero Body Texture [message #16632 is a reply to message #16630] Tue, 13 February 2007 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried it yesterday and re-installed it this morning after coming to the same conclusion, but I've had no luck.
Confused
Oh, it's just started to work! Confused Confused

[Updated on: Tue, 13 February 2007 02:17]

Re: Hero Body Texture [message #16633 is a reply to message #16630] Tue, 13 February 2007 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Unless it's DXT3 set alpha to "0"

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Hero Body Texture [message #16637 is a reply to message #16630] Tue, 13 February 2007 09:36 Go to previous message
It seems that using DXT3 somehow fixed my problem. Very odd indeed.

Thanks for the help peeps!

Previous Topic: Need help recoloring
Next Topic: new model problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 04:47:27 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01058 seconds