Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Work in vista?
Work in vista? [message #16749] Tue, 20 February 2007 21:12 Go to next message
atguitarist5 is currently offline  atguitarist5
Hey I am completely new here...and I have windows vista ultimate edition...does FableExplorer work with it?
Re: Work in vista? [message #16752 is a reply to message #16749] Wed, 21 February 2007 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
The tools weren't created with vista in mind so the best way to find out is to try them.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Work in vista? [message #16753 is a reply to message #16752] Wed, 21 February 2007 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have...I can get FE to start...but it always freezes once the logo comes up...so I am unable to open and files to apply....as for AE, It opens, but I have fable installed on my external HDD, and it cant find the final Albion file because its located not on my c drive, but on my external. I opened the settings file in notepad, and changed the location that it searches from the c drive to my external hdd where fable is installed, but it still searches the c drive.

I figured this wasn't developed for vista, but thanks for confirming it for me. I love fable, but in my opinion it was way way to short. I think some of these mods on this website are simply amazing and I wanted to change mine up a little bit and hopefully learn to create my own mods someday (I have a few good ideas for things I would love to see). Is there a way to install these mods without the FE? Can they just be moved into the fable folder, or does that not work? (Im guessing it doesn't work, although I havent tried it). Thanks for any help you can give me. If you have a suggestion as to how I can get FE running on vista, please let me know. Thanks again
Re: Work in vista? [message #16754 is a reply to message #16749] Wed, 21 February 2007 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
The fmp files need to be loaded using Fable Explorer, there is no other way to import them.

As far as Albion Explorer goes there used to be an option in the settings to set wether it checked the registry for the information about where the game had been installed. I'm not sure if newer version still have this option but if it does, enabling it should enable the program to find the right files.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Work in vista? [message #16756 is a reply to message #16749] Wed, 21 February 2007 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BayStone is currently offline  BayStone
Uncomment MyPath in AlbionExplorer.INI and set it to whatever folder you want or use Change to Folder... from the File menu while in the app. If neither of these work, then there would be a bug somewhere. Confused

Busy!

[Updated on: Wed, 21 February 2007 01:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Work in vista? [message #16757 is a reply to message #16756] Wed, 21 February 2007 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I opened the Albionexplorer and deleted that path...but it still says on loadup "Loading WLD" and wont load past that. When I click on the logo, it says could not find a part of the path...blah blah blah where fable should be on my c drive...i dont know why it does that. As for the framework 2.0...would the higher framework 3 do it or does it have to be 2 only?
Re: Work in vista? [message #16759 is a reply to message #16757] Wed, 21 February 2007 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

The directory or path that Fable uses on XP might be different than Vista, that could be a problem.
Also .net 3.0 has the 2.0 version included.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Work in vista? [message #16760 is a reply to message #16749] Wed, 21 February 2007 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Could be registry issues as well since FE I know uses it to load assets.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Work in vista? [message #16761 is a reply to message #16757] Wed, 21 February 2007 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atguitarist5 wrote on Wed, 21 February 2007 11:33

Yes I opened the Albionexplorer and deleted that path...

Deleted? Just remove the ; in the beginning. Also, don't remove the FableRegistry line.

Busy!

[Updated on: Wed, 21 February 2007 02:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Work in vista? [message #16771 is a reply to message #16761] Wed, 21 February 2007 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, I removed the ; in the beginning, but it still doesnt find the WLD file...should I have deleted the ; and changed the path to where it is installed? As for FE, if it is a regestry problem, is there a way to fix that?
Re: Work in vista? [message #16772 is a reply to message #16771] Thu, 22 February 2007 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AlbionExplorer.INI example:
[Settings]

FableRegistry = Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Fable\1.0
MyPath = C:\dev\fablemod\albionexplorer\bin\Debug\test\ 
Splash = true

Busy!
Re: Work in vista? [message #16786 is a reply to message #16749] Thu, 22 February 2007 14:13 Go to previous message
Thank you guys so much for the help. I finally got the fe to run after like 45 minutes of just letting it sit there. Now, i dont know which files to open to edit and install fmp files to. For example, I downloaded the dual wield file, but which file do i open to edit to install? I tried using the wiki, but i just cant figure it out. Im sorry for asking so many questions. Also, since i have the fable game installed onto my external, when i try to go to save and run game(which it doesnt matter anyway since i dont know how to use fmp files) it wont do it because fable isnt installed at C:/program files/Fable or whatever. instead its at G:/Games/Fable-The Lost Chapters . Anyway I can change that to boot from there?
Previous Topic: I need some BIG time help!!!!!!
Next Topic: Extracting voice files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:05:55 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01506 seconds