Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » What would i need to do to be rid of this.....
icon5.gif  What would i need to do to be rid of this..... [message #16811] Fri, 23 February 2007 21:20 Go to next message
Frozen_flames is currently offline  Frozen_flames

well, i performed the "old age effect" removal on my charecter, and that got me to thinking, that this would be possible as well, is there a way to remove the "evil balding effect"? seeing as, i love to be evil, smiteing whole villages and whatnot, but i'd also like my charecter to keep all his hair, so, is it possible to just remove the balding and leave the other side-effects of evilness alone? and if so, which entrys would i need to delete? i just need to know if its possible, and if so, a shove in the right direction at what to remove.

thanks in advance.
Re: What would i need to do to be rid of this..... [message #16813 is a reply to message #16811] Sat, 24 February 2007 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

try checkin the mods read only section, if there isnt a mod there for it then there should be a tutorial around here somewhere

it's a simple heromorph change in fe

go to cheromorphdef, find the section that deals with evil balding and either delete it or set the id for the hair change to 0

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: What would i need to do to be rid of this..... [message #16819 is a reply to message #16813] Sat, 24 February 2007 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Terror is currently offline  Terror
how do you just delete files from sections?

Re: What would i need to do to be rid of this..... [message #16966 is a reply to message #16813] Mon, 05 March 2007 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

been through cheromorph three times now and i can't find anything about evil balding, the other effects of evilness are there, but i can't seem to find balding, only hair-related entries i see are changeing the default hair to blonde, which is from good alignment, so evil should be there as well, but i certainly don't see it... thanks for the reply anyway though, i'll keep looking...

UPDATE: i took a break from the Cheromorph to look around other things that i hadn't seen before in FE, and while looking through graphics.big, i had a spark of thought, that gave birth to my yet-to-be-tested method of removeing the "evil baldness" i found the bunch of MESH_HERO_HAIR entries, and looked through them, come to find out, the "evil baldness" is just refered to as bald, in Cheromorph i was looking for hair entries with evil, not just bald, to why i didn't find it, but when i went back to heromorph, i changed a few things and got no results, so i went back to graphics.big, to attempt somthing that SHOULD work, i exported the "default" MESH_HERO_HAIR entries, then went to the MESH_HERO_HAIR_*****_BALD A(or B) where ***** represents the hair style name, and imported them, overwriteing the "bald" versions, i then had to copy a few things from the originals "materials" tab to the newly-imported ones, but they are now identicle in every way besides the name and ID, because that would cause conflict, so, although i have yet to run fable with this modification, because i stopped here to edit this post, all seems like it will work, but, i will edit again when i test it, in a few secs...

UPDATE 2: MUWAHAHAHA Twisted Evil *cough* sorry, but it worked! if anybody is interested, i've made an FMP already, but im not going to upload it yet, cause its 5:30 AM and i don't have the energy to stay up and let it upload, but i'll upload once i wake up, if anybody is interested that is

[Updated on: Tue, 06 March 2007 02:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What would i need to do to be rid of this..... [message #17005 is a reply to message #16811] Fri, 09 March 2007 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naga bladesong is currently offline  naga bladesong
upload it please

"the stone age didn't end because we ran out of stone"
Re: What would i need to do to be rid of this..... [message #17143 is a reply to message #16811] Sat, 17 March 2007 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thehobo is currently offline  thehobo
Yes, please release this!

-THE HOBO-
Maze's will tattoos? Doable? Damn strait.
Re: What would i need to do to be rid of this..... [message #17160 is a reply to message #16811] Sun, 18 March 2007 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

sorry for the delay, heres the mod
Re: What would i need to do to be rid of this..... [message #17191 is a reply to message #17160] Sun, 18 March 2007 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thehobo is currently offline  thehobo
When applying, I get this message:
"Exception of type 'system.exception' was thrown."
Not sure if it effects it or not, but I'll see in a sec.

---
EDIT
---

So, There are some errors I found... When in the prison part, the hair that you get then and there (for being in for so long) is glitched...

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7130/hairze7.jpg

It looks like it's stretched to the ground, and flickers there. Also, around the head it only appears as if it's 3 flat pieces sticking out of my head. Odd.

I'm about to try it with other hairs.

----------------
MORE EDITS? OMG.

So, I tested a few more hair styles...

Working:
Normal Hair
Pony Tail
Pudding Basin

Crashes:
Short hair
Buzz
Youngster Style

I'm to lazy to test any more- but it seems real hit and miss here... Half of them work, while the other half don't. Huh.

-THE HOBO-
Maze's will tattoos? Doable? Damn strait.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 March 2007 00:41]

Re: What would i need to do to be rid of this..... [message #17282 is a reply to message #17191] Thu, 22 March 2007 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thats... odd, i went through and tested them before uploading the FMP, and now, after seeing your problem, and they still work fine for me, not sure what might of caused this, could be whatever caused that error message, but, until somebody else replies with an error, its just you, they all should work though, i did the same exact thing for all of them, but when i get some time, i'll look through them in FE again and make sure its right, meanwhile, maybe install it again, and see if the error comes up again, because i just loaded the FMP in FE and it loads without error, so it may be just you
Re: What would i need to do to be rid of this..... [message #17283 is a reply to message #17191] Thu, 22 March 2007 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
thehobo wrote on Sun, 18 March 2007 20:44

So, There are some errors I found... When in the prison part, the hair that you get then and there (for being in for so long) is glitched...

Very strange. The hair isn't weighted to the skeleton anymore. I'd assume it's an issue with the graphic.big

That fmp doesn't modify the big file does it?

Edit: Aye it does.

For future reference don't disable textures by messing with the .big textures. All morphing can be easily disabled through the game.bin

And here are those types of mods:
Fixed Morph Layers
Bare Bones Morphing
No Old Age Effects

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 March 2007 02:43]

Re: What would i need to do to be rid of this..... [message #18180 is a reply to message #16811] Sun, 15 April 2007 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

guess i changed something i shouldn't of, still not sure why it works for me but not him, but, i couldn't find the entry in the game.bin, so i modified the graphics.big (yes i looked in cheromorphdefs) but i probebly passed it several times, as i didn't realize the graphics.big method for it until i was browseing through the graphics.big and saw the hair entries, but, thanks anyhow BlueTooth, i'll look at those you linked to and see what i can learn.
Re: What would i need to do to be rid of this..... [message #18199 is a reply to message #16811] Sun, 15 April 2007 11:56 Go to previous message
Ruben is currently offline  Ruben
Sooo........
it works ???

Grts Ruben...

prepare to meet Skorm !!
Previous Topic: I need renaming help
Next Topic: Disregard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 01:54:22 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01232 seconds