Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Mods always crashing me~~~ =[[
icon8.gif  Mods always crashing me~~~ =[[ [message #17117] Wed, 14 March 2007 00:14 Go to next message
codvx is currently offline  codvx
Hi all, I'm looking for guidance here. I'm trying to build a thief-ish character here, and this mod came across my attention

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=4545&a mp;&srch=evil+apprentice#msg_4545

Now I had doubts, because last time I tried to retexture something it came out invisible? but I seen near the bottom of that thread someone posted the .big I needed to merge with textures.big

I'll walk you through what I did

:- Downloaded the 'EvilApprenticeSet.big' that makes the hooded gear turn black like the evil apprentice ones (alters the texture.)

:- Downloaded the lastest version of Fable explorer

:- Followed these instructions:

Quote:

To apply:
Open textures.big in Fable Explorer(newest version only)
Right-click on the textures.big and click "Merge BIG"
then select the EvilApprenticeSet.big file
then recompile your textures.big and load it with fable.

:- Did the 'save mods and run fable

Then I went inot the game, clicked on inventory, clothing, and right when I clicked torso or suit the game crashed. Now what am I doing wrong here? I searched this site and tried the method of replacing the textures, but same problem. thanks in advance, i'm lucky I made backups of my textures file.
Re: Mods always crashing me~~~ =[[ [message #17118 is a reply to message #17117] Wed, 14 March 2007 00:43 Go to previous message
codvx is currently offline  codvx
UPDATE!

I solved the problem with the retexturing, I must have accidentally left an alpha at 1 before. So I'm happy as a clam

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2341/untitledox5.jpg

Big I would still like to know why the .big merge/recompile still crashes me

thanks Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 14 March 2007 00:44]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: about the old age
Next Topic: Little question.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:48:45 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00891 seconds