Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Easy adding weapons guide.  () 2 Votes
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #41749 is a reply to message #17286] Wed, 28 May 2008 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rhytham is currently offline  rhytham
HI John, I tried changing the weaponid of weapon 3 but for no use, I can't get the skorm's bow in my inventory Sad

Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #41751 is a reply to message #41749] Thu, 29 May 2008 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I'm not john, but weapon 3 doesn't seem to do anything, just put it it weapon 1 or 2

good luck!

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Thu, 29 May 2008 04:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #41754 is a reply to message #41751] Thu, 29 May 2008 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
That's quite odd then, I've never done this myself (not with this method, anyway), but I could have sworn I've seen someone post instructions for ranged weapons in weapon 3, oh well. If neither 1/2 or 3 work, then I don't know what to tell you besides spawn it in a chest.
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #41768 is a reply to message #41754] Fri, 30 May 2008 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 29 May 2008 14:22

That's quite odd then, I've never done this myself (not with this method, anyway), but I could have sworn I've seen someone post instructions for ranged weapons in weapon 3, oh well. If neither 1/2 or 3 work, then I don't know what to tell you besides spawn it in a chest.

If I remember this correct, slot 3 is used to give npc's ranged weapons.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #41772 is a reply to message #41768] Fri, 30 May 2008 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
That is correct, I guess I just assumed that this is how it is done for the Hero some time back. My bad. Razz
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #41803 is a reply to message #20534] Sat, 31 May 2008 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazza222 is currently offline  Jazza222
Illidan wrote on Fri, 22 June 2007 06:08

awsome guide ... i might have over done it .. just a bit ... how do i remove wpn from my inventory (i'v tried myself and serched)

Yeah it happened to me to. Help Plz

Jarrod
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #41805 is a reply to message #41803] Sat, 31 May 2008 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Well why not. You could do any of the following, ordered by amount of effort involved:
  • sell the weapon; or if the weapon can't be sold:
  • modify a CShopDef to make the previously mentioned possible;
  • change the weapon into a different one of your choosing;
  • load a profile from before you purchased the weapon;
  • start a new profile; and my least favorite thing to see on the forums:
  • delete everything Fable-related, toss your saves, uninstall completely and then reinstall.
Have fun.
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #47071 is a reply to message #17286] Sun, 09 November 2008 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tritoch is currently offline  Tritoch
Any weapons go in weapons 1 or 2. That means ranged aswell.
Which npc's specifically get stuff from weapons 3?

Why did JOB want the sword of aeons when he can buy a better sword in North Barrowstone. He must have had the money for it after centuries...
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #47076 is a reply to message #47071] Sun, 09 November 2008 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
All NPCs use Weapon 3 for ranged weapons. The only character that this doesn't apply to is the Hero. Whether or not the ranged weapons will be used is a different matter.
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #48314 is a reply to message #47076] Sat, 03 January 2009 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TagManDK is currently offline  TagManDK
Can downloaded weapons be added in this manner?
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #48315 is a reply to message #48314] Sat, 03 January 2009 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Yep.
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #49093 is a reply to message #17286] Tue, 10 February 2009 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jaxinator is currently offline  Jaxinator
ok look i no this is realy simple but...
when i try to add mods in e.g j.o.b top and another custom cross bow the game comes up with an error but it dissapears to soon for me to read
and can you add a code and then apply changes and then add a different weapon at the same time before i start the game or do i start the game then come and add different weapons

(Please don't hurt me i'm new to modding fable:tlc and have some problems)(not mental) Very Happy
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #50376 is a reply to message #17286] Fri, 27 March 2009 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RaZinBran is currently offline  RaZinBran
does this work for armor too?
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #50381 is a reply to message #50376] Fri, 27 March 2009 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

RaZinBran wrote on Fri, 27 March 2009 14:39

does this work for armor too?

No. It will crash your game.

Use chest spawning.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #50383 is a reply to message #17286] Fri, 27 March 2009 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i tried spawning a chest but the chest wont show up.
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #50384 is a reply to message #50383] Fri, 27 March 2009 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Then you're doing it wrong.
And this isn't the forum for asking how to do it right, just so you know.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 March 2009 21:54]

Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #50385 is a reply to message #17286] Fri, 27 March 2009 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got it working... thx anyway
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #50761 is a reply to message #17286] Fri, 17 April 2009 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zainraza is currently offline  zainraza
how do you get more weopon things cuz atm it says 'weapon1' 'weapon2' and 'weapan3'

how do you get mroe than 3
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #50765 is a reply to message #50761] Sat, 18 April 2009 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

zainraza wrote on Fri, 17 April 2009 23:20

how do you get more weopon things cuz atm it says 'weapon1' 'weapon2' and 'weapan3'

how do you get mroe than 3

1. Spawn a chest (Best/Quickest/Most recommended way)

2. The noob way:
1. Put the weapon in Weapon 1 that you want
2. Apply changes: Save and run fable
3. Load account
4. Save game
5. Exit game
6. Go back to weapon 1, change appropriately
7. Apply changes save and run fable
8. Load account, save game
9. Exit fable

Keep repeating.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #50767 is a reply to message #17286] Sat, 18 April 2009 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zainraza is currently offline  zainraza
thanks so much =]
icon9.gif  Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #53931 is a reply to message #17286] Fri, 28 August 2009 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deszka is currently offline  deszka
HY all. i am speak wrong in english,and i never moded anithing.

1.when i run fable explorer "CREATURE" whorld whas novhere. Crying or Very Sad

2.did nostro's shield mod is can used like this?

Sorry but iam downloaded fable explorel but the world what i needed was nowhere. Embarassed

weri sorri for all you. Sad
icon9.gif  Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #53932 is a reply to message #17286] Fri, 28 August 2009 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and an other thing:

the "SAWE MODS AND RUN FABLE BUTTON"nowhere to. Crying or Very Sad
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #53933 is a reply to message #53931] Fri, 28 August 2009 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I'm gonna do this once.

1:
2: Yes.

Edit
And another thing: Don't double post! Your English might be bad, and that's fine: but there's an edit button on every post you make. Use it.

And read the tutorial again to find that button.

this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 August 2009 12:34]

Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #53934 is a reply to message #17286] Fri, 28 August 2009 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is picture abaut my problem

[Moderators note] Don't post .bmp's!!!

[Updated on: Fri, 28 August 2009 12:33] by Moderator

Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #53936 is a reply to message #53934] Fri, 28 August 2009 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

deszka wrote on Fri, 28 August 2009 21:29

Here is picture abaut my problem

[Moderators note] Don't post .bmp's!!!

It's in a zip file. Extract it with winzip or 7zip. If you don't understand this, don't start modding cause you're not ready for it.

this is not an exit.
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #55077 is a reply to message #17286] Wed, 25 November 2009 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kazay is currently offline  Kazay

Love the mod!
It works for, like, everything (;

I forgot to make a backup of the game.bin file tho, and now I can't load my savegame anymore ><

The last thing I did was adding the Platinum Helm and the Demonic Helm, and I think that's where the problem is ;o

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #55078 is a reply to message #55077] Wed, 25 November 2009 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Kazay wrote on Wed, 25 November 2009 10:27

Love the mod!
It works for, like, everything (;

I forgot to make a backup of the game.bin file tho, and now I can't load my savegame anymore ><

The last thing I did was adding the Platinum Helm and the Demonic Helm, and I think that's where the problem is ;o

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks

Jeez. I stated 'make a backup' at the start of the tutorial in bold.
Don't know how much more clear I can be about this.
Let's just say it's important to do so because everyone who starts modding will screw something up someday. I still do every now and then.

Anyway; you've got a lot of options to fix your problem.
1. Get a clean Game.bin of the game disc[s] (best option I think, since you can also make a backup now!)
2. Just get rid of the last items you put in the Weapon fields in the CREATURE_HERO entry, and try to load the save again.
3. Load a restore mod like the one found here, but I wouldn't recommend this option since you are trusting on the work of someone else to fix your problem. But it is an option so...

this is not an exit.
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #55199 is a reply to message #55078] Thu, 10 December 2009 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
nicomon wrote on Thu, 10 December 2009 22:21

Actually I think he has Windows 7.
The issue, and its solution, is forward compatible.
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #55249 is a reply to message #55078] Wed, 16 December 2009 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kazay is currently offline  Kazay

Yeah, I know, my fault.

Thanks for helping me out anyway [:
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #56008 is a reply to message #17286] Sun, 31 January 2010 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gneo is currently offline  Gneo
Hi I'm new here, and I started modding Fable by adding weapons like crazy.
I started by adding items the hero isn't supposed to get. (ie enemy's weapons)
Then I started downloading objects from the upload section of this site and began adding the neat things people created into my game, and it was working just fine for a while.
Every time I added stuff from this site, I downloaded the fmp from here, started up Fable Explorer, would go to File--->Load Fable Mod Package--->then go through the creature-hero-weapon1 and weapon 2 slots (not weapon3 I read that) and I'd find the ID's for the OBJECTS that were the new weapons I downloaded, apply, then save mods&run Fable, check out the new weapons in my inventory, then save and quit, and lather, rinse, and repeat.

Up until then I was having no troubles, no crashing, and I was downloading cool weapons and adding them two at a time with the weapon1 and weapon2 slots.
Then I starting having problems.
I tried loading both the Behemoth_polearm and Soul Reaver weapons that people uploaded, and now whenever I run fable (with or without adding new mods) when ever I go to my inventory screen, and click on Weapons, Fable crashes. (completely, it ends the Fable.exe)

So I just want to know---is there a limit to how many weapons you can hold?
Or did I screw something else up?
Help?
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #56010 is a reply to message #56008] Sun, 31 January 2010 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

It sounds like one of the weapons you just added is a messed up. Put in your latest error free modded back-up files.
If you don't have those files backed-up, you should have.
Try comparing the Weapon ID in the Weapon 1+2 slots to the Weapon ID in Objects to be sure they match, if you put the wrong number I would think it would crash at that point.
If that doesn't do it you may need to restore the original game files. My sig has a link to info on how to find those files on the disks and where to put them.
Before doing anything, wait a bit to see if someone has an answer that involves those particular weapons having had trouble in the past, there may be a fix. Do what I said if you don't get that kind of help.

Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #56012 is a reply to message #17286] Mon, 01 February 2010 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a feeling that a bad custom weapon was the fault of it.
After re-installing Fable more times than I care to post, I whittled it down to the weapons.

Unfortunately, the power to remove the registries of the weapon OBJECTS from the fmp's that I've uploaded unto Fable Explorer has eluded me. Sad

Another odd thing---I made a back up of a lot of important files such as .BIG files as well as .BIN files.
Even if I Copy and paste the back up game.bin back into where it goes, my Fable is still messed up.

Even after I uninstall and reinstall Fable Explorer, it still withholds the memory of all the FMP's it took in, so the bad registry still exists and now my Fable game will crash in the middle of loading when a save is selected to resume play, or it crashes when I open my Weapons window in my inventory.

All this trouble is having the unfortunate side effect of turning me off to Fable modding and just playing the game normally. (which sucks because I love hacking through my favorite games and taking them apart and screwing with them)
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #56013 is a reply to message #56012] Mon, 01 February 2010 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

From my new to modding fable thread:
OldBoy wrote

# You can also reinstall the game.
Uninstall Fable, and check if there are any files left behind here:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\ [if you installed to a different directory check there of course]
If there are any files, delete them before making a fresh install.

this is not an exit.
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #56014 is a reply to message #56013] Mon, 01 February 2010 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I did do this each time, starting over from new game every time as well. >__<

The Fable Explorer seems to keep a record of the FMP's it's absorbed (for a lack of better word) and it reintroduces the bad custom weapon (I assume only one of them are bad to my Fable files each time I try to apply mods. (game.bin is where the stuff goes i believe?)

So what I wanna do --- make Fable Explorer stop fucking my game sideways. D:
I tried reinstalling it but for some reason it still remembers the old FMP's.
I need to cockblock FE here...
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #56015 is a reply to message #56014] Mon, 01 February 2010 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

All FE does is apply the fmp file to the game files. If they remain after an install you did not read:

OldBoy wrote

# You can also reinstall the game.
Uninstall Fable, and check if there are any files left behind here:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\ [if you installed to a different directory check there of course]
If there are any files, delete them before making a fresh install.

Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #56016 is a reply to message #56015] Mon, 01 February 2010 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But I did all that.
And by the way, I whittled it down and discovered the bad seed---
The "Sword Of Ages" custom weapon.
The FMP is deleted from my computer, I've uninstalled, cleaned out, reinstalled both Fable TLC and Fable Explorer. D:
Fable Explorer just hangs on to all the FMP's I've loaded in the past.
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #56017 is a reply to message #56016] Mon, 01 February 2010 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Right, because it is magic.

Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #56018 is a reply to message #56017] Mon, 01 February 2010 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
:I

I don't know what else to tell you.
Despite my best efforts, every time I open Fable Explorer, scroll down to OBJECTS, click the [+], Scroll down, and sure enough there everything is, sitting in 14765-14787

note: I don't care about all the other objects on there loaded through individual .FMP's I just want the Sword Of Ages registry gone.
I should have read the whole thread for that weapon, seems more people than I have had problems with crashing on that one.
I was just all "OOHH ANOTHER COOL WEAPON" like a giddy schoolgirl.

screengrab of my FE

[Updated on: Mon, 01 February 2010 14:51]

Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #56021 is a reply to message #56018] Tue, 02 February 2010 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Then you have 2 separate installations of Fable.

this is not an exit.
Re: Easy adding weapons guide. [message #56022 is a reply to message #56021] Tue, 02 February 2010 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I am using Windows 7, but I have no idea if that is making any difference.
I have both the original copy, and ISO files that can be used with Daemon tools to install it, and there's only one installation.

And copying over a fresh game.bin has no effect, the information must be pre-pulled from the game.bin into somewhere else, similar to the trickiness of chest hijacking.

The problem is the Sword Of Ages

A few of it's (int)InheritedEntryID's overlap with other existing custom weapons, and changing those numbers doesn't work for some reason. (I tried to change them to the registry ID for itself, but FE says that number isn't associated with anything after that)
All I wanna do is remove the Sword Of Ages from Fable Explorer.
If I uninstall Fable, clean out my C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\ then reinstall Fable, and play, it works 100% peachy keen.

When I so much as open FE, and close out of it, (without applying or saving mods, just open FE, then exit out)

In between loading a save file, and auto saving before playing, it crashes.
Previous Topic: Easy Old Age effect removal.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:50:10 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01287 seconds