Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Glow
Glow [message #17414] Mon, 26 March 2007 14:08 Go to next message
Alu. is currently offline  Alu.
Could somebody please show me what to delete in Fable explorer; in order to get rid of the green/blue/red glow that appears around people enemies and objects? Smile

Note: I did search to see if this had been asked before, without results - my apologies if it has Razz
Re: Glow [message #17417 is a reply to message #17414] Mon, 26 March 2007 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
punkrockervash is currently offline  punkrockervash

Im no pro, im very noob at this stuff but if you delete the file wont that just crash the game with an error saying "Blah file not found" id say you edit the settings so its the littlest glow Wink but sorry i donno how to do that haha

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b275/punkrockervash/fablesig.jpg
Re: Glow [message #17440 is a reply to message #17417] Tue, 27 March 2007 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, right thanks for the tip Smile

Though still leaves me clueless as to where to find the file in question however Very Happy
Re: Glow [message #17445 is a reply to message #17414] Tue, 27 March 2007 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CyborgDragon is currently offline  CyborgDragon
It is possible. Though I'm not quite sure how. It's not a file or item data itself, so it won't cause errors on deletion. It's a Def entry which you can delete. But other than that I don't know where it is or what it's titled.
Re: Glow [message #17446 is a reply to message #17414] Tue, 27 March 2007 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok ill try and help now lol, dont take my word for this though, Itll be in your creature>the then character you want to edit, they will have settings, im not sure where in there but they are for glow or emitt or something

Re: Glow [message #17449 is a reply to message #17414] Tue, 27 March 2007 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@punkrockervash:
Argh, sounds like tedious work if I will have to remove the glow separately for each and every object/person in the game Sad

@ CyborgDragon Your advice seems to be contradicting punkrockervash. But if this is true will it be something removable from all objects/people in one go with out having to remove the values for each person separately?

Anyway I had a look where you suggested punkrockervash, the only things that sound possible to me are CTargetingDef and CPercievedThingDef. Can anybody confirm if these are the right files, and what values I should edit within them to reduce/remove the glow? Confused
Re: Glow [message #17450 is a reply to message #17414] Tue, 27 March 2007 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Targeting would be for the targeting glow, so ya it would be in there, umm well ill talk to someone and make an edit to this post telling you.

Re: Glow [message #17456 is a reply to message #17450] Tue, 27 March 2007 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
punkrockervash wrote on Tue, 27 March 2007 18:27

Targeting would be for the targeting glow, so ya it would be in there, umm well ill talk to someone and make an edit to this post telling you.

It could also be for lock-on targeting as well. Razz

Start changing numbers and find out. You'll be looking for 4 numbers most likely. None going above 255. This would be Red,Green,Blue,Alpha (RGBA).

Edit:

I took a look at it. It's CTargetingDef

"Type" controls whether it's creature or object
"B2CD9810" controls whether it's used or not.

Set the B2.... to 0 to disable the targeting glow.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 March 2007 21:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Glow [message #17458 is a reply to message #17456] Tue, 27 March 2007 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

BlueTooth wrote on Tue, 27 March 2007 20:55

punkrockervash wrote on Tue, 27 March 2007 18:27

It could also be for lock-on targeting as well. Razz

Start changing numbers and find out. You'll be looking for 4 numbers most likely. None going above 255. This would be Red,Green,Blue,Alpha (RGBA).

^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said, hes the one I was going to ask for you but hey look he read my mind Smile

Re: Glow [message #17472 is a reply to message #17458] Wed, 28 March 2007 04:53 Go to previous message
Ah, thank you very much both of you Very Happy
Previous Topic: im new!
Next Topic: how can i modd maze armor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:14:37 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01725 seconds