Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » changing a building into another type of building
changing a building into another type of building [message #17555] Sat, 31 March 2007 09:28 Go to next message
andymac525 is currently offline  andymac525
i didn't find anything on this doing a search. an example would be like to change a house into a tatoo shop. any help would be appreciated.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/andymac525/thGandalf.gif
Re: changing a building into another type of building [message #17556 is a reply to message #17555] Sat, 31 March 2007 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
andymac525 wrote on Sat, 31 March 2007 11:28

i didn't find anything on this doing a search. an example would be like to change a house into a tatoo shop. any help would be appreciated.

ooo fun question.

Gotta have a CShopDef first. That supplies items for shopping. Titles, Tattoos, Haircuts, etc etc.

If your going to add a def make sure it's in order in the BUILDING's cdef list. You can easily get this from another shop Wink.

If the BUILDING doesn't have a proper Simulation Entry then you'll need to Manually add a scripted creature to use the building as a Work/Home Building.

The CVillagePeopleDef in the VILLAGEs control the autospawned creatures. Wink

If this needs more explanation the IRC channel is the place to go.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: changing a building into another type of building [message #17557 is a reply to message #17556] Sat, 31 March 2007 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i really need help now. i changed the defs and now fable crashes. can someone please give all 8 original cdefs for BUILDING_BS_SHOP_GIFTSHOP_O1 so i don't have to reinstall? thanks.

[Updated on: Sat, 31 March 2007 11:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: changing a building into another type of building [message #17558 is a reply to message #17557] Sat, 31 March 2007 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xeperdamien is currently offline  xeperdamien
Quote:

Posting of original game files is strictly prohibited. If you have code to share post just the code you have made. Only attach files if you have created an application or something similar that requires the attachment. If you made many changes to a file but did not change ALL of it then post a PPF or something similar to avoid posting any original code at all. Do not link to original files either. Either way it's just the same as posting them here.

That is why it is important to always make a backup.
Re: changing a building into another type of building [message #17559 is a reply to message #17558] Sat, 31 March 2007 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
xeperdamien wrote on Sat, 31 March 2007 14:16

Quote:

Posting of original game files is strictly prohibited. If you have code to share post just the code you have made. Only attach files if you have created an application or something similar that requires the attachment. If you made many changes to a file but did not change ALL of it then post a PPF or something similar to avoid posting any original code at all. Do not link to original files either. Either way it's just the same as posting them here.

That is why it is important to always make a backup.

He wasn't asking for the file. Just the list of cdefs the entry uses. I'm not at a PC with fable installed so I can't help at the moment.

But this is still why it's important to make a backup of the game.bin

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: changing a building into another type of building [message #17561 is a reply to message #17559] Sat, 31 March 2007 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reinstalled. how do i make a backup of the game.bin? where is the irc so i can get some help?

Re: changing a building into another type of building [message #17562 is a reply to message #17561] Sat, 31 March 2007 12:58 Go to previous message

Administrator
andymac525 wrote on Sat, 31 March 2007 14:53

i reinstalled. how do i make a backup of the game.bin? where is the irc so i can get some help?

C:/program files/microsoft games/fable - the lost chapters/data/def/

irc://irc.dynastynet.net/fable

pass:damnbots

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Previous Topic: Changing attack style
Next Topic: I inquire as to how you go about raising damage of a weapon
Goto Forum: