Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Weapon Special Effects
Weapon Special Effects [message #17760] Fri, 06 April 2007 09:50 Go to next message
Paradigm is currently offline  Paradigm
Okay, I searched pretty hard for this and yes, I saw the topics on "the singing sword" and the short tutorial that accompanied them. Forgive my ignorance but that little 8 step process wasn't quite clear enough for me. I have gotten as far as opening the CSpecialEffectsDef and the CWeaponDef for OBJECT_IRON_LONGSWORD (starting out simple).

Now my question is, just like the others, how do I get a permanent effect like the lightning one (which I can only assume is LIGHTNING_SWORD_LEVEL_4 in effects.big) on my sword. The steps tell us that there are fields to put it in which certainly is true, there are many fields though and I am unsure which one to use and now I am asking rather than experimenting because the last one I tried resulted in me reinstalling Fable. I'm just curious, do I put the effect ID in the CDef slots for the weapon(there are only 2, this is what I tried changing when I had to reinstall) or do I open CSpecialEffectsDef and put it into a slot there (there are 10).

Bonus: Anyone who can solve the above for me as well as tell me which effect in effects.big is the Jack of Blades effect that creates the red swirly-ness when he hovers above you in the prison would be my hero. There are so many Jack of Blades effects rather than try them all I'd just ask.

EDIT: I tried changing the first of the 10 in CSpecialEffectsDef (it's default effect was something Fire or other...idk ID 155) to LIGHTNING_SWORD_LEVEL_4 and when I loaded up my game, i drew my Iron longsword but there were no effects whatsoever.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 April 2007 10:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17767 is a reply to message #17760] Sat, 07 April 2007 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Since everyone wants a tutorial for this I'll look into it one of these days.
As I stated before, I havn't done this before, so I have to check how it works first.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17770 is a reply to message #17760] Sat, 07 April 2007 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xx Old modder xX is currently offline  Xx Old modder xX
how did he enlarge hsi sword for the ''sining sword''? (in the movie not topic)
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17801 is a reply to message #17770] Sat, 07 April 2007 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Xx Old modder xX wrote on Sat, 07 April 2007 13:47

how did he enlarge hsi sword for the ''sining sword''? (in the movie not topic)

1. Make a backup of the game.bin

2. Start Fable Explorer (get it here).

3. Look for OBJECT in the scrollbar to your left.

4. Double-click OBJECT and scroll down until you find the weapon you want to change and double-click it.

5. In the new window click on the [+] in the left panel and scroll down until you find 'Graphic' and click on it.

6. In the right panel you'll see '(float)Scale', by default set to 1.

7. If you want to make the weapon larger you can set the number higher than 1 (1,2 for instance makes it 20% larger), if you want to scale down the weapon you set the number lower than 1 (0,8 will scale it down by 20%).

8. Click 'Apply Changes' in the weapon window.

9. In the top bar in Fable Explorer, click 'Actions' and 'Save mods and run Fable'

9. Wait till Fable starts.

By the way: please type as correct as you can, this is not msn.

this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Sat, 07 April 2007 15:42]

Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17802 is a reply to message #17760] Sat, 07 April 2007 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Paradigm wrote on Fri, 06 April 2007 18:50

Okay, I searched pretty hard for this and yes, I saw the topics on "the singing sword" and the short tutorial that accompanied them. Forgive my ignorance but that little 8 step process wasn't quite clear enough for me. I have gotten as far as opening the CSpecialEffectsDef and the CWeaponDef for OBJECT_IRON_LONGSWORD (starting out simple).

Now my question is, just like the others, how do I get a permanent effect like the lightning one (which I can only assume is LIGHTNING_SWORD_LEVEL_4 in effects.big) on my sword. The steps tell us that there are fields to put it in which certainly is true, there are many fields though and I am unsure which one to use and now I am asking rather than experimenting because the last one I tried resulted in me reinstalling Fable. I'm just curious, do I put the effect ID in the CDef slots for the weapon(there are only 2, this is what I tried changing when I had to reinstall) or do I open CSpecialEffectsDef and put it into a slot there (there are 10).

This is the longer version of the short tutorial Marco wrote down some time ago.

How To change the effect:

1. Make a backup of the game.bin

2. Start Fable Explorer (get it here).

3. Look for OBJECT in the scrollbar to your left.

4. Double-click OBJECT and scroll down until you find the weapon you want to change and double-click it.

5. In the new window click on the [+] in the left panel and click on 'CDefs'.

6. Find 'CWeaponDef' in the right panel, and click on the first link below it; 'Links to (GameBINENtryID):'.

7. In the new window click on the [+] in the left panel and click on 'CWeaponDef Particles' in the list.

8. In the panel on the right you'll see two '(int)Flourish Effect' with numbers next to it. Those numbers are the ID's of the effect in the 'effects.big'. (Double-click on the 'effects.big' in the top-left panel in Fable Explorer and on the [+] next to PARTICLE_MAIN_PC to explore the effects and their ID's.)

9. Change the numbers to change the effect (example: 773 is augment_fire_lightning_sword_01). I'd recommend changing both entry's to the same effect.

10. Click 'Apply Changes' in the 'CWeaponDef' window.

11. In the top bar in Fable Explorer, click 'Actions' and 'Save mods and run Fable'

12. Wait till Fable starts.

Important:
The effect isn't permanent, it only shows up if you have a flourish 'active'.

Also: Be careful with the effects you try, some WILL crash Fable.

I believe you can also use this method for other effects on weapons, you'll find those in the 'CSpecialEffectsDef' in the 'CDefs' listing.

this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Sat, 07 April 2007 15:44]

Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17804 is a reply to message #17760] Sat, 07 April 2007 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, i changed alot of the effect ids in the CSpecialEffectsDef and got no change in game. For example, the default effect listed first in the CSpecialEffectsDef for Iron Longsword was 155, Flaming Sword Level 1. I tried replacing it with Lightning Sword LEvel 4 and I even tried adding that as a new def and both attempts yielded nothing in game.

As for making the effect permanent like i nthe "singing sword" video, it is possible that he just had a permanent flourish trainer on? Or did he find a parameter to change that causes the effect to appear all the time?

I'll try and take some screens of the things i've tried in FE
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17805 is a reply to message #17804] Sat, 07 April 2007 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Paradigm wrote on Sat, 07 April 2007 22:17

Hmm, i changed alot of the effect ids in the CSpecialEffectsDef and got no change in game. For example, the default effect listed first in the CSpecialEffectsDef for Iron Longsword was 155, Flaming Sword Level 1. I tried replacing it with Lightning Sword LEvel 4 and I even tried adding that as a new def and both attempts yielded nothing in game.

As for making the effect permanent like i nthe "singing sword" video, it is possible that he just had a permanent flourish trainer on? Or did he find a parameter to change that causes the effect to appear all the time?

I'll try and take some screens of the things i've tried in FE

I didn't try anything with the CSpecialEffectsDef, so it could be it doesn't do anything. There is a lot of stuff in this game that doesn't have a purpose.

As for making the effect permanent, I'd change the time a flourish is active. Don't know how it's done, but I'd find out. Smile

this is not an exit.
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17809 is a reply to message #17760] Sat, 07 April 2007 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, I managed to reproduce the effect from the video (which was in fact Lightning_Sword_Level_4) and then some. I found the JoB effect I was looking for and a couple other good ones in the process. I then used the 24+ trainer to give auto flourish but with that the effect only shows up when a hostile enemy is near that way.

I had an idea though. Could it be made permanent through editing of one of the augmentations? Just take the flame augmentation for example and edit the particle effect that the augmentation applies to the weapon? I think I'll give it a shot and post my results later.
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17826 is a reply to message #17809] Sun, 08 April 2007 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Yes, that would do the trick.

this is not an exit.
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17844 is a reply to message #17760] Sun, 08 April 2007 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, no luck so far, can't seem to find a value in the Defs for the augmentation that link it to an effect in effects.big
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17868 is a reply to message #17844] Sun, 08 April 2007 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Go to the CDefs of the weapon, open the link to CObjectAugmentationsDef. Look for effects there. If they're not there look in the CDefs of the CObjectAugmentationsDef for CSpecialEffectsDef and open the link, they might be there.

But again be carefull and make backups. Cause you'll probably crash Fable with some effects.

this is not an exit.
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17875 is a reply to message #17760] Sun, 08 April 2007 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, no success. can't find any effects links in any of the CDefs
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17876 is a reply to message #17760] Sun, 08 April 2007 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
CSpecialEffectsDef is action based. The unknown variable before the link is actually a CRC checksum of a string. We unfortunately only have a list of a few of the crc's for that. Not enough to be useful.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17880 is a reply to message #17760] Sun, 08 April 2007 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn, i wonder how the guy in the video got it to be permanent then. it even showed the effect when the weapon was 'sheathed' o his back...just like an augment. But I can't for the life of me figure out what variable he edited to change that...unless he used something other than FE.
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17882 is a reply to message #17880] Sun, 08 April 2007 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Paradigm wrote on Mon, 09 April 2007 00:00

damn, i wonder how the guy in the video got it to be permanent then. it even showed the effect when the weapon was 'sheathed' o his back...just like an augment. But I can't for the life of me figure out what variable he edited to change that...unless he used something other than FE.

You answered your own question. Wink

Quote:

just like an augment

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17883 is a reply to message #17760] Sun, 08 April 2007 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, i understand that it seems to be an augment effect and i would love to reproduce it completely (as opposed to the flourish only way) but looking through the CDefs for the augments and the weapons and playing some trial and error with a lot of the value you fields I have yet to find the right field to enter the effect ID to get it to act like any other augment.

I was wondering if you had time, BlueTooth, to check this out since i figured if I couldn't figure it out on my own then the one person i imagined would be able to figure it out would be you. Although instead of the LIGHTNING_SWORD_LEVEL_4 effect I was looking to replace it with the Jack of Blades effect 957 (red swirly stuff)

[Updated on: Sun, 08 April 2007 23:14]

Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17884 is a reply to message #17760] Sun, 08 April 2007 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
CObjectAugmentationsDef of the weapon you want to change.

Within the 7BFBC2D2 array.

First (uint)Unknown is Augment Ability

Second (float)Unknown may be frequency.

And then you get four slots for effects. The 3rd and 4th slots may be just an alternate. I had some oddities when using them.

Lastly you get 2 arrays where you can specify dummies they attach to.

If you don't want to change an existing augment use the 2 augments that aren't used in-game.

Flame(2)     = 256
   Will(2)        = 512

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17887 is a reply to message #17760] Mon, 09 April 2007 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome man, thanks for taking the time. i'll try and post screens if i get it to work
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17888 is a reply to message #17760] Mon, 09 April 2007 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, i changed the first value to 4 so it would apply the effect to the Flame Augmentation (i'm not sure how to spawn those other two you mentioned). Then I filled in the first two effect slots with the effect id i wanted but i wasn't sure what to put in the 'dummy' arrays you mentioned. This pic shows what I have there now, note that with these settings the game crashes once I attach the flame augment to the weapon.
  • Attachment: fe.bmp
    (Size: 857.87KB, Downloaded 576 times)
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17905 is a reply to message #17888] Mon, 09 April 2007 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Paradigm wrote on Mon, 09 April 2007 10:51

Okay, i changed the first value to 4 so it would apply the effect to the Flame Augmentation (i'm not sure how to spawn those other two you mentioned). Then I filled in the first two effect slots with the effect id i wanted but i wasn't sure what to put in the 'dummy' arrays you mentioned. This pic shows what I have there now, note that with these settings the game crashes once I attach the flame augment to the weapon.

Don't add augs to the array (other than 256/512). And don't delete any either. Fable's weird about it. So that's you crashing issue.

The dummies get the AUG_01-4. Just copy them straight from the other entries.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Weapon Special Effects [message #17909 is a reply to message #17760] Mon, 09 April 2007 15:04 Go to previous message
ahh got it perfectly. Thanks for all the help. i'll post screens of the different effects later.
Previous Topic: Hair Mod
Next Topic: Age increase variable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 15 23:07:23 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01108 seconds