Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Fatal Error While Re-Installing Fable
Fatal Error While Re-Installing Fable [message #18885] Tue, 08 May 2007 18:46 Go to next message
Illuminati is currently offline  Illuminati

I recently Uninstalled Fable and tried to reinstall it... I have made several attempts thus far.

Attempt 1) Got to last file, where it couldn't be read
Attempt 2) Got error 1305 (couldn't read file) once every 5 minutes (I kept hittin retry)
Attempt 3) Same as 2
Attempt 4) Same as 2,3
Attempt 5) Tried copying CD 1's content to hard drive... CD~1 file would not copy over
Attempt 6) Did the same thing as 3, just kept hitting retry until the status bar said 100% and just kept asking for the file (error 1305) It reached 100% without ever asking for even Disk 2.

I installed an installshield update, ended countless processes, restarted, everything... and I can't install it. These CDs were used 1 time before this, and now I can't get it to work at all. Taking the CDs back to the retailer is out of the question, because the time period for doing so is probably expired and I have had a tendency to take back many games before this (they genuinely didn't work), but they may start asking questions...

Any ideas on what I should do? Am I just done with fable? I have a torrent for the game ready for download, but I don't want to dedicate 12 18 hour days of downloading for it.. (dialup)

Any help is appreciated.

Loading Signature... Please Wait
Re: Fatal Error While Re-Installing Fable [message #18895 is a reply to message #18885] Wed, 09 May 2007 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
groo is currently offline  groo
same happened to me...only it was file scriptdialogue

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/Doddle576/Flag.jpg
---current projects---
Fable:Darkened Souls
Re: Fatal Error While Re-Installing Fable [message #18903 is a reply to message #18895] Wed, 09 May 2007 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Mine did it to scriptdialogue the most... it did it to like 4 different files.

Re: Fatal Error While Re-Installing Fable [message #18904 is a reply to message #18885] Wed, 09 May 2007 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
The cds are most likely dirty or damaged. Your best bet is to get another copy of the game.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Fatal Error While Re-Installing Fable [message #18907 is a reply to message #18885] Wed, 09 May 2007 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

"Taking the CDs back to the retailer is out of the question, because the time period for doing so is probably expired and I have had a tendency to take back many games before this (they genuinely didn't work), but they may start asking questions..." (Illuminati)

"The cds are most likely dirty or damaged. Your best bet is to get another copy of the game." (Satan)

I stated that I didn't want to go that route beforehand, Razz. Unless you meant going to the store and buying a new copy, in which case I was going to do so in a couple days but now i don't have to because....

I ended up getting it to work about 10 minutes ago by copying the contents of all the CDs to folders and then switching out the
Fable - The Lost Chapters folder when the installatio gave me an error. I had tried installing from my hard drive previously, but the CD1~ file would not copy over. For some reason, my PC decided to be nice and let me copy all 4 CDs' contents. Smile

Off to play Fable!

Re: Fatal Error While Re-Installing Fable [message #41634 is a reply to message #18907] Mon, 26 May 2008 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khigari is currently offline  Khigari
Since I had this same problem (many times) Errors 1305, 1308, etc... only pop up when you're using more than one drive (at least that's what I've experienced). Only use Drive D and the installation will go perfectly.

Hope this helps.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 May 2008 10:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fatal Error While Re-Installing Fable [message #41969 is a reply to message #41634] Mon, 02 June 2008 16:47 Go to previous message
ichigo_kurosaki is currently offline  ichigo_kurosaki
same thing happened to me except it was error code 1334, on the script dialogs. so i am going to take it down to GC and have them clean it. hopefully it works

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/FosterMX/Signatures/Bleach.jpg

it takes a boy to know when hes right, but it takes a man to know when hes wrong
Previous Topic: need help for making this noob tutorial for (XBOX SECTION)
Next Topic: Screen Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:47:49 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01102 seconds