Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » complete opposite mods?
complete opposite mods? [message #18988] Sat, 12 May 2007 11:57 Go to next message
Johny101 is currently offline  Johny101
Is it possible to mod one save to have a completely good character who will never ever ever turn evil, no matter how many innocent civilians he kills, and mod another save to a complete evil character who will never ever turn good, no matter how many good things he does?

The Eversong Rogue. (Pictures, and possibly the whole series of novels to come soon)
Re: complete opposite mods? [message #18994 is a reply to message #18988] Sat, 12 May 2007 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
What do you mean, like the allimant bar never changes or he never looks diffrent?
Re: complete opposite mods? [message #18995 is a reply to message #18988] Sat, 12 May 2007 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Johny101 wrote on Sat, 12 May 2007 20:57

Is it possible to mod one save to have a completely good character who will never ever ever turn evil, no matter how many innocent civilians he kills, and mod another save to a complete evil character who will never ever turn good, no matter how many good things he does?

At this time there's no way to edit a savegame. There's little known about the format.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: complete opposite mods? [message #18997 is a reply to message #18994] Sat, 12 May 2007 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you can't change them. Thanks.

The Eversong Rogue. (Pictures, and possibly the whole series of novels to come soon)
Re: complete opposite mods? [message #18999 is a reply to message #18995] Sat, 12 May 2007 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
OldBoy wrote on Sat, 12 May 2007 14:50

At this time there's no way to edit a savegame. There's little known about the format.

Everything is known about the format. Just no one has made any type of editor for it. I think Silver may have also got hung up on a crc checksum though.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: complete opposite mods? [message #19001 is a reply to message #18999] Sat, 12 May 2007 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silverback is currently offline  Silverback

Cow Tipper
BlueTooth wrote on Sat, 12 May 2007 13:39

Everything is known about the format. Just no one has made any type of editor for it. I think Silver may have also got hung up on a crc checksum though.

Nope. I have the checksum. I just never progressed the application any further as there is no need. The data structure of the items is what halted the progress and I don't feel like loading a definition file for gamesaves other than that the gamesave is done. Razz

:edit:
I just read the first post.The save just writes what is in the memory for the given items. The save is not really what you want, you would take your character and use a trainer ( I don't know what the options are on the trainers here) Modify your alignment and freeze the value save and then do so with opposite values. If you want to use the same character for two different profiles: First Copy your save over to a brand new folder in the saves directory. Edit Profile.bin with a hex editor. Goto offset 0x10 ProfileName "whatever" <-- change whatever to profile. If you change the string length +/- then you will need to adjust offset to CRC at 0x0C. Then take your offset at 0x0C and select the data from offset 0 until offset value at 0x0C generate a CRC custom 32bit value poly: 04C11DB7 Init:00000000 Out: FFFFFFFF and then change the last 4 bytes of this file to that number.

If you can't figure this out then give up

[Updated on: Sat, 12 May 2007 14:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: complete opposite mods? [message #19004 is a reply to message #18999] Sat, 12 May 2007 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

BlueTooth wrote on Sat, 12 May 2007 22:39

Guess I missed something along the way. Anyways, it's more interesting to edit the gamefiles instead of the saves...

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: complete opposite mods? [message #19007 is a reply to message #19001] Sat, 12 May 2007 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks to Silverback, using a trainer (and working out a few kinks) I got exactly what I wanted with little work. Thanks very very much.

Re: complete opposite mods? [message #19026 is a reply to message #19001] Sun, 13 May 2007 06:49 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Silverback wrote on Sat, 12 May 2007 15:53

If you want to use the same character for two different profiles: First Copy your save over to a brand new folder in the saves directory. Edit Profile.bin with a hex editor. Goto offset 0x10 ProfileName "whatever" <-- change whatever to profile. If you change the string length +/- then you will need to adjust offset to CRC at 0x0C. Then take your offset at 0x0C and select the data from offset 0 until offset value at 0x0C generate a CRC custom 32bit value poly: 04C11DB7 Init:00000000 Out: FFFFFFFF and then change the last 4 bytes of this file to that number.

If you can't figure this out then give up

Seems simple enough to me. Wink

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: Placing Brair Rose
Next Topic: fishing areas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:09:32 PDT 2024