Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Just a little help...
Just a little help... [message #20440] Tue, 19 June 2007 17:33 Go to next message
Link is currently offline  Link
ok, so it has been ages since i played this game, let alone participated in the forums, but here is a simple, albeit newb question. im looking to add to the hobb cave about a dozen or so more hobbs of all sorts of different flavors. is it possible to have a generator that just continued to spawn new hobbs every _____ seconds (or millisecons as most games recognize)?

or, where exactly do i look in the wiki for adding more creatures or spawning points.

to sum it all up, i want LOTS more hobbs in the hobb cave. how do i do it? what do i need? links are all acceptable forms of answers. so are comments like "youre stupid, follow this link" are acceptable.

Link

By the time Fable 2 releases, there won't be a dog in the game, and there won't be a boy, either. Fable 2 will be a puzzle game similiar to Tetris, only not as fun. But with way better graphics.
Re: Just a little help... [message #20451 is a reply to message #20440] Wed, 20 June 2007 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
"You're stupid follow this link" lol Laughing

Creature Generator

Creature family names:
HOBBE_FAMILY_01
HOBBE_FAMILY_02
HOBBE_FAMILY_03
HOBBE_FAMILY_04
HOBBE_FAMILY_05
HOBBE_FAMILY_06

Enjoy

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Just a little help... [message #20670 is a reply to message #20440] Sat, 23 June 2007 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simple, to the point- i like it!

ok, stupid post number 2: does this just give a range of hobbes that will appear, or does it make them all appear?

"HOBBE_FAMILY_01,_02_03,etc" is that a group of hobbes (more than one being generated from HOBBE_FAMILY_XX) or is that just one hobbe?

XYZ coordinants.... any easy way to figure these out for placement of the hobbes?

and final stupid question- is it possable to do the same thing in the arena? ive always wanted to have a MASSIVE swarm of mobs in the arena. something worthy of risking my life. if im going to be ANY kind of champion, i want it to be agains more than just 5 or 6 hobbes. something in the area of 20 would be nice... bandits, trolls... you know... something dangerous.

OOOH! and while im thinking about it, is it possable to open the arena for anytime access?? im not really interested in going there just for one quest. i want to just FIGHT!

By the time Fable 2 releases, there won't be a dog in the game, and there won't be a boy, either. Fable 2 will be a puzzle game similiar to Tetris, only not as fun. But with way better graphics.

[Updated on: Sat, 23 June 2007 21:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Just a little help... [message #20694 is a reply to message #20670] Sun, 24 June 2007 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
routhy is currently offline  routhy
Link wrote on Sat, 23 June 2007 21:41

simple, to the point- i like it!

ok, stupid post number 2: does this just give a range of hobbes that will appear, or does it make them all appear?

"HOBBE_FAMILY_01,_02_03,etc" is that a group of hobbes (more than one being generated from HOBBE_FAMILY_XX) or is that just one hobbe?

XYZ coordinants.... any easy way to figure these out for placement of the hobbes?

and final stupid question- is it possable to do the same thing in the arena? ive always wanted to have a MASSIVE swarm of mobs in the arena. something worthy of risking my life. if im going to be ANY kind of champion, i want it to be agains more than just 5 or 6 hobbes. something in the area of 20 would be nice... bandits, trolls... you know... something dangerous.

OOOH! and while im thinking about it, is it possable to open the arena for anytime access?? im not really interested in going there just for one quest. i want to just FIGHT!

Could try copying the arena quest data over a bunch of optional quests.
Re: Just a little help... [message #20786 is a reply to message #20440] Mon, 25 June 2007 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet, thnx for a response... any one want to field the other q's?

Re: Just a little help... [message #20795 is a reply to message #20440] Tue, 26 June 2007 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Link wrote:

X,Y,Z co-ords can be determined either by opening a tng, looking at an existing object and working them out from there or you can add the item to the tng and then move it around in Albion Explorer which will calculate the coords for you. You don't place the hobbes as such, you place the thing that spawns them.

Link wrote:

The generator spawns several creatures each time it is triggered.

But what we put there.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 June 2007 01:06]

Re: Just a little help... [message #20796 is a reply to message #20440] Tue, 26 June 2007 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
I like this question.

1)CreatureFamilies[0] "", the [#] refers to renown level.
2)The number of creatures and type is controlled via the Creature Family and can be edited with Fable Explorer (Though I beleive the default is 3 at a time). And tweaked with the scripting variables. ActiveCreatureLimit -1; TotalGenerationLimit -1;
3)The Arena Creatures are controlled in the CScriptDef of Scripts.bin. The Variables that can be changed are (Creature, Number, Waves).

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 June 2007 01:15]

Re: Just a little help... [message #20823 is a reply to message #20440] Tue, 26 June 2007 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so if i understand this correctly, i can adjust the number of creatures that is spawened to say a dozen or so, and summon say, HOBBE_FAMILY_05 to increase the amount of renown?

now here is another question, i was able to use FinalAlbion to "auto calculate" the creature generator markers, or so i believe. i successfully created a marker in the guild woods and when i entered- Hobbs. 5 of them. i thought to myself, why not add MORE markers. i did just that, and added 5 more markers, changed the XYZ coordinants using FinalAlbion.

when i reloaded the game, and entered the guild woods, the game crashed. i then systematically deleted the markers, until i was left with 0 markers, and the game still crash's when i enter the guild woods. i swear that i made no other alterations, but it still crashes. so im wondering- any clues what i did wrong? or is this just a fluke?

Re: Just a little help... [message #20824 is a reply to message #20440] Tue, 26 June 2007 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Check you haven't deleted anything by mistake, the ; at the end of each line for example.

But what we put there.
Re: Just a little help... [message #20843 is a reply to message #20440] Tue, 26 June 2007 17:46 Go to previous message
it was all there, so i just uninstalled, and reinstalled... took 5 min, and my char wasnt that far. no loss. but still trying to figure out more about adding Hobbes to one generator.

Previous Topic: Possibly the best request ever made
Next Topic: Would It Be Possible?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:49:16 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01356 seconds