Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Question about scars fading and CCreatureDef?
Question about scars fading and CCreatureDef? [message #21109] Mon, 02 July 2007 00:29 Go to next message
tahogan is currently offline  tahogan
I was wondering if someone could explain the meaning of a few of the variables in under the Skin Effects section in CCreatureDef. I'm trying to figure out how to fine tune the timing of scar fading, but the specifics of the last three elements in the scar entry elude me.

int: 200
int: 400
int: 0.3

I'm "guessing" the last one is the alpha of the final, healed scar (0-1) and that the first two have something to do with timing, but I can't figure out exactly what they represent.
Re: Question about scars fading and CCreatureDef? [message #21110 is a reply to message #21109] Mon, 02 July 2007 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
tahogan wrote on Mon, 02 July 2007 02:29

I was wondering if someone could explain the meaning of a few of the variables in under the Skin Effects section in CCreatureDef. I'm trying to figure out how to fine tune the timing of scar fading, but the specifics of the last three elements in the scar entry elude me.

int: 200
int: 400
int: 0.3

I'm "guessing" the last one is the alpha of the final, healed scar (0-1) and that the first two have something to do with timing, but I can't figure out exactly what they represent.

1st is probably seconds until healed. (Otherwise Bruising would work) But I was never truely sure.

And yes. The last is the alpha. 1.0 shows the full scar.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 July 2007 00:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Question about scars fading and CCreatureDef? [message #21111 is a reply to message #21109] Mon, 02 July 2007 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated. Guess I'll play with that one a little more and see if I can make some sense of it. Hmm...now to figure out what the blazes that second one is doing.
Re: Question about scars fading and CCreatureDef? [message #21113 is a reply to message #21111] Mon, 02 July 2007 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
tahogan wrote on Mon, 02 July 2007 02:39

Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated. Guess I'll play with that one a little more and see if I can make some sense of it. Hmm...now to figure out what the blazes that second one is doing.

I played with them some. But I didn't have the patience for it.

Wounding is 5 percent chance per hit. Hardcoded.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Question about scars fading and CCreatureDef? [message #21153 is a reply to message #21109] Mon, 02 July 2007 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm...CAN you actually see scars fade in real-time in-game? I set the first two of those variables in the scar entry down to below 60 but saw no noticeable difference in the scar after watching for well over a minute. They only ever seemed to go to the healed state after saving and loading the game.
Re: Question about scars fading and CCreatureDef? [message #21175 is a reply to message #21153] Mon, 02 July 2007 20:23 Go to previous message

Administrator
tahogan wrote on Mon, 02 July 2007 12:16

1)Hmmm...CAN you actually see scars fade in real-time in-game?

2)They only ever seemed to go to the healed state after saving and loading the game.

1)Yes

2)And thats a bug.

If your referring to the numbers I used. I don't remember the what the time worked out too.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Previous Topic: Help on Expression Editing
Next Topic: The Money and The Power
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:02:38 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01269 seconds