Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Changing the name of the weapons
Changing the name of the weapons [message #21744] Thu, 12 July 2007 20:54 Go to next message
NightmareMaker is currently offline  NightmareMaker

Hi everybody, I am new around, and I wanted to post a tutorial.
I don't know if that tutorial already exists, is very noobish, for beginners in modding (like me xD).

Let's get it started.

1. Open the Fable Explorer(download link on wiki)

2. Click "OBJECTS", as shown here.

3. Look for the weapon that you want to rename (weapons list starts at 5474 I guess). As an example, I will be using the Stick, "OBJECT_HERO_STICK", as shown here.

4. Double click on the "OBJECT_HERO_STICK", and a new window will pop up. In this window, click on the word "OBJECT" at the left, and wait until all the stuff appear on the right. Scroll down until you see "CInventoryItemDef", followed by a blue "Links to (GameBINEntryID)", as shown here.

5. Click on the blue link, and a new window will appear. What a surprise! Very Happy
Now, you will look for another blue link, the "Links to (TextID): TXT_OBJT_STICK", as shown here.

6. Click it and another window is going to appear. But in this one, you will have to change the name of the weapon, on the "Content" place, as shown here.

7. Hold on. We are almost there! Now that yu changed the name, APPLY THE CHANGES and close all the windows, except the main FE window, as shown here.

8. Actions>>Save Mods and run Fable. ( as shown here )

9. You are ready to go. I changed the name of the stick to "Crap", as shown here.

NOTE: THis process only works with certain weapons. If you try to use this tutorial with weapons named of "Scimitar" or "Hobbe Weapon", it won't work. Why? Well, I will try to do the best what I can to explain:

All Scimitar weapons, as you can see, have all the same name. If you rename the Whisper's Staff as "Dodo" (just an example), ALL Scimitar Weapons will have this name.

Hope you like my first tutorial.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8827/signfighter8559026437ia.gif
*click to see my gallery* (or else die painfully)
Re: Changing the name of the weapons [message #21749 is a reply to message #21744] Thu, 12 July 2007 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HodgePodge is currently offline  HodgePodge
To fix the scimitar problem you could create a new text entry and link it to the weapon you're trying to change Smile

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/HawjPawj/PONG.gif
Re: Changing the name of the weapons [message #21766 is a reply to message #21749] Fri, 13 July 2007 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NightmareMaker is currently offline  NightmareMaker

Well, that's a problem Razz

How do I do that? =)

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8827/signfighter8559026437ia.gif
*click to see my gallery* (or else die painfully)
Re: Changing the name of the weapons [message #21767 is a reply to message #21766] Fri, 13 July 2007 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HodgePodge is currently offline  HodgePodge
Check the Fable Explorer page in the wiki, there's info about making text entries Wink

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/HawjPawj/PONG.gif
Re: Changing the name of the weapons [message #31812 is a reply to message #21744] Sun, 14 October 2007 14:35 Go to previous message
Thimo The Lurkers is currently offline  Thimo The Lurkers
I have a problem:
In step 6, you say, I have to change the name at the "content" place, but I don't have it.
The last thing I have is the "Entry Data" field, from there on is nothing. Pls. help!
Previous Topic: Fable Multiplayer
Next Topic: Weapon Editing Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:06:04 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01201 seconds