Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Help - Concerning Fireball Spell, Ghost Sword and Summoning
Help - Concerning Fireball Spell, Ghost Sword and Summoning [message #21898] Tue, 17 July 2007 05:07 Go to next message
Holy_Avenger is currently offline  Holy_Avenger
I'm trying to make my own fireball magic, but I don't know how to change SHOT>>FIREBALL1 into other things like SHOT>>JACK_FIREBALL_SUB_SHOT or else. Anyone can help? because this one I don't see about what things that the spell use.

Same with Fireball, how to get rid of Sword from Ghost Sword and change it into creature.

Last one, how to change the brain and rank? I don't see a single creature names or creature ID in Ccreature, so I don't know what creature and what code I want to edit.

Thanks in advance for anybody who will help me. I really appreciate your help.

I'm right here............
Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Re: Help - Concerning Fireball Spell, Ghost Sword and Summoning [message #21899 is a reply to message #21898] Tue, 17 July 2007 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leviathan-Ran is currently offline  Leviathan-Ran
Please use the search button, read the wiki, and some tutorials,

it's not hard, really.

http://solemn-spirit.dyndns.org/public/Leviathan-Ran/newcig.png
"After an eternity away from you all... Jack of Blades, is back!"
Re: Help - Concerning Fireball Spell, Ghost Sword and Summoning [message #21901 is a reply to message #21898] Tue, 17 July 2007 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I go to some tutorials, but, they say that simple...too simple, without any specification about it's whereabout, exact location, up to detail. Okay? Maybe I quite a newbie, well, but thanks for your info. No harm means, but if you want to explain about what do I want to know, I'm very please to hear that.

Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Re: Help - Concerning Fireball Spell, Ghost Sword and Summoning [message #21902 is a reply to message #21898] Tue, 17 July 2007 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you even have Fable Explorer?

If not, download it.

Then open your names.bin and game.bin

everything you need is in there.

Re: Help - Concerning Fireball Spell, Ghost Sword and Summoning [message #21903 is a reply to message #21898] Tue, 17 July 2007 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, yes I do, and I search into SPECIAL_(insert skill name)_DEF. Usually there will be a string that links to game's OBJECT or game's SHOT, but well, I don't see them. When I try to change ranged weapon shot, there is a link to the SHOT item, but in skill, I completely lost. I'm new at modding, so I'm really sorry for my lack of experience

Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Re: Help - Concerning Fireball Spell, Ghost Sword and Summoning [message #21904 is a reply to message #21898] Tue, 17 July 2007 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh no on no, to edit SHOTS you dont go into the special abilities tabs,

you must find the SHOT entry in the main tree, find fireball or whatever shot you want to edit, and then edit it.

Re: Help - Concerning Fireball Spell, Ghost Sword and Summoning [message #21905 is a reply to message #21898] Tue, 17 July 2007 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All right, all I want is change the fireball shot into Dragon Fireball, not editing the SHOT itself. I managed to know how to edit shot, but I don't manage to change the Fireball Magic into Dragon Fireball. Someone has made change to this magic, but I really want to know. Well then, any ideas? I'm stuck. Do you remember a thing?

Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Re: Help - Concerning Fireball Spell, Ghost Sword and Summoning [message #21909 is a reply to message #21898] Tue, 17 July 2007 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will spoon feed you only once...
I made you an F.M.P to change Fireballs into Dragon fireballs

This will make every instance of your fireball jack's fireball, even the single shot one.

To apply the file follow these steps

Open Fable Explorer

Open NAMES.bin and GAMES.bin

Expand GAMES.bin

the click FILE > LOAD FABLE MOD PACKAGE

Then select the file I'm giving you.

Save the GAME.bin and run fable.

Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 17 July 2007 08:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help - Concerning Fireball Spell, Ghost Sword and Summoning [message #21914 is a reply to message #21898] Tue, 17 July 2007 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Holy_Avenger wrote on Tue, 17 July 2007 14:07

I'm trying to make my own fireball magic, but I don't know how to change SHOT>>FIREBALL1 into other things like SHOT>>JACK_FIREBALL_SUB_SHOT or else. Anyone can help? because this one I don't see about what things that the spell use.

Leviathan-Ran is correct, you have to change it in the SHOT section of the game.bin.

Same with Fireball, how to get rid of Sword from Ghost Sword and change it into creature.

1. Find the creature you want to use and export the data.

2. Find GHOSTLY_SWORD (in the CREATURE list, # 1591)

3. Import the data into the GHOSTLY_SWORD entry.

4. Apply changes.

5. Now you need to change the brain of the creature to something else. Open up the GHOSTLY_SWORD creature entry and look for PBrain.

6. Look in the BRAIN list for a BRAIN_SUMMONNED_... (the ... stands for a creature that comes closest to the creature you're using) or you can try BRAIN_BODYGUARD, or make a custum brain.

7. Put the ID of the brain you want in the PBrain field of point 5. Save changes and play.

Last one, how to change the brain and rank? I don't see a single creature names or creature ID in Ccreature, so I don't know what creature and what code I want to edit.

Look in the CDefs of a creature and open the CSummonableDef.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 July 2007 11:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help - Concerning Fireball Spell, Ghost Sword and Summoning [message #21950 is a reply to message #21909] Wed, 18 July 2007 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, credits goes to Leviathan, thank you so much for this, really. Well, OldBoy, can you give me a tutorial about the fireball changing, or else? In my life, I want to learn something, not only being given the finished mods, but also learning, because every human must learn how to do something right? Smile

I've met someone who being scolded because he requesting something, and the adv. modder told him to leran instead crybaby. Well......Thank you to anybody, and to Leviathan, I hope that you aren't being annoyed by me.

Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Re: Help - Concerning Fireball Spell, Ghost Sword and Summoning [message #21959 is a reply to message #21898] Wed, 18 July 2007 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No I'm not annoyed with you.

It's just that these questions have been asked a million times before and answered a Million times before, and all the experienced modders get is headaches from people asking basic questions about mods that we've provided guides and help for before.

Re: Help - Concerning Fireball Spell, Ghost Sword and Summoning [message #22958 is a reply to message #21898] Tue, 31 July 2007 05:28 Go to previous message
Now, I need help again, to someone who already know how to change the sphere numbers of fire. I want to know how to change the ammount of fireball you can shoot at a time. I tried to find it by myself, but I can't do it. I saw a number 3 and 2 in the middle of string, and I think if I change it, the fireball will shoot the numbers of fireball, but it doesn't. Need help, and help is really appreciated.

Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Previous Topic: What do I use to edit 3d meshes
Next Topic: Need help with weapon modding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 00:20:43 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01207 seconds