Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Fable: Harder Mode
Fable: Harder Mode [message #22306] Sun, 22 July 2007 16:39 Go to next message
satharon is currently offline  satharon
I just recently got ahold of a copy of Fable, and my main complaint was the sheer ease of this game towards the end.

So, I found this website and looked around through the mods, and saw that there wasn't really one that just upped the overall difficulty of the things you face while you're playing without throwing extra stuff into the mix.

So, courtesy of many clicks and Fable Explorer , I give you a new difficulty for Fable.

--------------------------------------------------------
What I've done

-Increased NPC Health Points.
-Increased all major weapon damage [Some of them sting... keep your vials handy]
-As a result of the extra health transferring to XP , raised most XP requirements substantially.
-Tweaked certain Will abilities to make them not so useless in the new atmosphere.

Feedback is always appreciated. If this isn't difficult enough for you... I'm sure something can be done about that... Twisted Evil

To ensure that this game is in fact beatable with the above perameters, I'll be playing through it myself making alterations as I go.

Current location: Hobbe Cave / Bandit Seeress

Version 0.2 Alterations:
-Switched the Maximum age restriction to 23 ... never sat right that 5 in-game days pass during the game and yet you're 65 at the end.
-Increased base health to make up for early enemies
-Greatly decreased Whispers health. Due to her using the same weapon now as in late game, her attack is insanely powerful. Her 1-shot however will result in her winning the exercise, not with your death.
-Incrased base damage of lightning slightly.
-Reduced Whispers base damage during the Hobb Killing Contest quest.
-Decreased the total HP of Hobbes in general
-Altered Whisper's attack pattern to try and shy her away from kill stealing during the contest.
-Thanks to the ability to get a 25+ Multiplyer during beginning quests [Hobbe Killing Contest] , lowered the effect of Ages potions to 750 per multiplyer.
-Lowered General XP Gains by 50% to make up for the excess multiplyers [Lightning +3 after the Hobbe Contest = Mruff? Sad]
-Raised the Combat Multiplyer Requirement on the Demon Door in Greatwood to 19 in order to avoid getting a Legendary Weapon your first time through.
-Changed the Creatures for the Darkwood Demon Door: Removed lesser Hobbes, order is: 4 Hobb-Grunts , 4 Hobb-Sorcerer, 4 Hobb-Lueitenants , 4 Mid-Level Balverines, 4 Lake Nymphs (And holy crap, that was a fun fight.)

[Updated on: Mon, 23 July 2007 14:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable: Harder Mode [message #22309 is a reply to message #22306] Sun, 22 July 2007 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chaos is currently offline  chaos
I believe messing with XP requirements crash the game. Have you tested it for yourself?

Other than that, nice mod.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/korgoth-of-barbaria/chaos-1.jpg
Re: Fable: Harder Mode [message #22310 is a reply to message #22306] Sun, 22 July 2007 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
I've seen people make mods to make it so you only need like 1 xp per level, why not make it more?

^^^ I think the above post is Chaos's 1000th post, cool.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan

[Updated on: Sun, 22 July 2007 18:10]

Re: Fable: Harder Mode [message #22316 is a reply to message #22306] Sun, 22 July 2007 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I played with it a bit after making the alterations, didn't manage to make it crash on me. And I never understood why somone would want to lower the requirements like that... this game is fairly easy as is.
Re: Fable: Harder Mode [message #22317 is a reply to message #22316] Sun, 22 July 2007 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright, cool.

Re: Fable: Harder Mode [message #22376 is a reply to message #22306] Mon, 23 July 2007 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I've hit my first major snag, not really sure what's going on with this. You two seem to be pretty big on the modding scene here, could you think of a reason for this?

On the Seeress quest, you go through, sneak past / snipe the bandit guards, goto the next section, and pick up the bandit gear.

When I get to the next section, all of the bandits view me as hostile, but don't attack. The music skips a bit, and the gate guard keeps telling me to talk to him, but since he's red you can't.

Attached are the current alterations.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 July 2007 22:24]

Re: Fable: Harder Mode [message #22379 is a reply to message #22376] Mon, 23 July 2007 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm...I'm not sure, maybe I'll see what's going on for myself.

Oh, may I suggest, you should lower the reknown levels so it's harder to legendary. And you actually have to kill things before you do quests.

Re: Fable: Harder Mode [message #22388 is a reply to message #22306] Mon, 23 July 2007 18:42 Go to previous message
Well, I started playing around with it a bit... taking out bits and pieces that I'd altered along the way and replaced the original variables with backups from my DVD. Looks like it's a corruption in the save file... unfortunately the only way I can find that out is to start over Sad
Previous Topic: Wooden sword
Next Topic: Scythes Outfit (Made Shirt model,pants, and gloves...need help)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:48:14 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01582 seconds