Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Create Item
icon4.gif  Create Item [message #22542] Wed, 25 July 2007 09:41 Go to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

How do you create a new item without replacing an old one?

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Create Item [message #22548 is a reply to message #22542] Wed, 25 July 2007 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RightNut is currently offline  RightNut
if you right click on the game.bin in F.E the is an add feature. best thing to do is to clone an item some what like what you want, then edit that one. I found this on another site writen by "OldBoy".

1. Export the data from the weapon you want to change (the OBJECT_WHATEVER_WEAPON entry)

2. Right click on Game.bin and select 'create new entry'

3. A new window opens

4. At 'symbol name' fill in the name you want the weapon to have (eq: OBJECT_NEW_WEAPON)

5. At 'type' fill in 'OBJECT'

6. Click 'select data file' and select the data file you exported in step 1

7. Click 'Create new entry'

Now you've cloned a weapon.
So you have a new OBJECT entry with an ID higher then 14760, you'll find it in the top of the OBJECT list.

Now; you are not there yet. Cause if you would now change the CWeaponDef, you would change the CWeaponDef of the OBJECT you wanted to keep original comprende?

So you have to repeat the proces above, but for the CWeaponDef entry.

1. Export the data from the CWeaponDef you want to change)

2. Right click on Game.bin and select 'create new entry'

3. A new window opens

4. At 'symbol name' fill in the name you want the weapon to have (eq: CWeaponDef_NEW_WEAPON)

5. At 'type' fill in 'CWeaponDef'

6. Click 'select data file' and select the data file you exported in step 1

7. Click 'Create new entry'

Now you have a new CWeaponDef entry, which you can change and it won't effect any other weapon.

Don't forget to link your new weapon to it! You do this by changing the ID in the CWeaponDef field of your new weapon, to the ID of your new CWeaponDef (this one also be higher then 14760).

Now you can do this with any CDef of your new weapon (CObjectAugmentationsDef etc.) just repeat the proces...

Last note: this might look a bit confusing, but if you get the hang of it, you'll do all this in no time.

(this is not by me, i am not taking credit. just providing it to others)
Re: Create Item [message #22549 is a reply to message #22542] Wed, 25 July 2007 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

thank you so much, but will this work for items like potions and food?

Re: Create Item [message #22551 is a reply to message #22549] Wed, 25 July 2007 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this one with weapons is just an example, as long as it is an object it should work. for instance, apple pie is object 4638 and a long sword is 5474. Now these objects do different things so their data will be diffent but the pemiss should be the same. ex the apple pie has no CWeaponDef so you wont have to do that step, but im not sure if it has something like the CWeaponDef. you may have to clone the CActionUseDef. but Im not sure considering iv never tried.
Re: Create Item [message #22552 is a reply to message #22542] Wed, 25 July 2007 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

thanks, I figured it out right after i posted Razz

Re: Create Item [message #22553 is a reply to message #22542] Wed, 25 July 2007 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool, glad I could help. Cool
Re: Create Item [message #22555 is a reply to message #22542] Wed, 25 July 2007 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

is there any way to make a new text.big entry?

edit:

nevermind, it was on the wiki

[Updated on: Wed, 25 July 2007 12:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Create Item [message #22561 is a reply to message #22542] Wed, 25 July 2007 16:06 Go to previous message

Administrator

how do you make new working entries in textures.big or whatever, and have a successful texture, I couldn't figure that out. I made a new entry, but giving it the properties of another tex. didn't work.

edit: nevermind, got it to work

[Updated on: Thu, 26 July 2007 17:57]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Beer Bottle Weapon
Next Topic: no sub_movement_dummy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:45:14 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01235 seconds