Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Whisper Bodyguard
Whisper Bodyguard [message #23238] Fri, 03 August 2007 12:30 Go to next message
fledermaus is currently offline  fledermaus
This is a beta of my Whisper Companion mod. She must be hired like a bodyguard (she costs the same as a cheap henchman). She follows, fights, and teleports with the player. She uses her own voice dialogue, comments on other henchman (they don't comment on her), and villagers make comments about her. She's tough but can die.

She isn't placed in game, and must be spawned with:
DefinitionType "CREATURE_RIVAL_HERO_WHISPER_COMPANION";
ScriptName BodyGuard;
ScriptData "_Whisper";
ThingGamePersistent TRUE;
ThingLevelPersistent TRUE;
OverridingBrainName BRAIN_BODY_GUARD;

She is functional, but not complete. I'm releasing this in order to test and get the feedback and information I'll need to finish her. I've never released a mod before so I'm learning as I go.

To Do:
-Refine and expand her dialogue.
-Get her to use her potion attacks and Assassin Rush.
-Place her somewhere the player won't be able to visit until after the fight with Thunder.
-Get her to respawn like a bodyguard (it would be cool if I could change her death effect to teleportation if I get this working).
-Maybe some stuff I forgot.

I have problems with doubling in my game. Whenever you return to the level she spawns in, another copy of her is created. I don't know if this is inherent to my mod, or is due to her being added to an existing game. It happens with other custom NPCs I use so I don't think its inherent to her.

I probably won't be able to do much with her for a few days, but next week I will have a lot of free time to hopefully finish her, so if anyone is able to test her and leave some feedback it would be helpful and much appreciated.

[Updated on: Sat, 04 August 2007 23:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Whisper Bodyguard [message #23289 is a reply to message #23238] Sat, 04 August 2007 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andymac525 is currently offline  andymac525
first of all, great idea for a mod. i got her to spawn fine but she doesn't talk. instead, some text thing comes up and it says text entry or something like that. i went to greatwood to fight wasps with her and the game crashed. anyways, could you please tell me how you done this because i'd like to do it with briar rose instead. after i killed her she didn't respawn, even after 5 whole days.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/andymac525/thGandalf.gif

[Updated on: Sat, 04 August 2007 14:19]

Re: Whisper Bodyguard [message #23290 is a reply to message #23238] Sat, 04 August 2007 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the feedback!

The info on how to do it is in my post in the general modding forum. http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2918& ;amp ;start=0&
Basically, you just have to create new entries in Text.big that mimic the naming style of the bodyguard entries, but you replace "_GOOD1" or whatever with the name you chose for ScriptData.
Good Luck doing Briar Rose, I'd definately download that!

So she didn't talk at all? You shouldn't even have to activate her to hear her talk, she should start talking as soon as you get close to her. Did the text thing that appeared have "_Whisper" in it?

I'm pretty sure I packed all her dialogue files, but I'll check again.
When you spawned her did you use "_Whisper" or "_WHISPER" for the ScriptData field, because it should be "_Whisper". It was dumb of me to do it like that, but this release was for testing so I just left it. I'm just learning how to do all this, sorry for the problems.

If anyone knows about any intricacies or complications I may have failed to grasp, please let me know!

Thanks again for your help andymac, if you need anymore info just let me know.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 August 2007 22:24]

Re: Whisper Bodyguard [message #23292 is a reply to message #23238] Sat, 04 August 2007 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had it as _WHISPER. maybe that makes a difference, i'll check it tomorrow and let you know on monday.

Edit:

i went ahead and tried it. i changed it to _Whisper and she talks! but it's still crashing when i go to fight the wasps in greatwood.

[Updated on: Sat, 04 August 2007 17:50]

Re: Whisper Bodyguard [message #23300 is a reply to message #23238] Sat, 04 August 2007 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Great!

and

Awww CRAP!

OK, Thanks and I'll double check her CDefs, maybe I left one out.

EDIT: I think I left out her custom weapon CDef, it doesn't do anything so if you set her CWeaponDef to Arena Whisper's weapon ( 9099 ) then I think that will fix the crashing. Or you can download the (hopefully) fixed .fmp in the first post.

[Updated on: Sat, 04 August 2007 23:10]

Re: Whisper Bodyguard [message #23457 is a reply to message #23238] Tue, 07 August 2007 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
she works great. good job.

Re: Whisper Bodyguard [message #23467 is a reply to message #23238] Tue, 07 August 2007 12:05 Go to previous message
Thanks andymac!
If you find anything that isn't working, or have any suggestions please post 'em here.

Good luck with Briar Rose!
Previous Topic: a fully bandit mod (99%)
Next Topic: Keshire Cleaver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:58:16 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01019 seconds