Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Summoned Army, would it work?
Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23399] Mon, 06 August 2007 21:09 Go to next message
HodgePodge is currently offline  HodgePodge
I had this idea a few days ago, and I wanted to see if it was completely bogus before I tried it. Would it be possible to spawn a creature generator, which generates creatures with brains that follow the hero? Such as the Summoned_Bandit brain? This way, you just have to adjust the number of bandits that spawn from the generator, and you'd have a bunch of bandits that follow you and fight with you? Is this a completely stupid and ludicrous idea?

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/HawjPawj/PONG.gif
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23401 is a reply to message #23399] Mon, 06 August 2007 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
It'd work fine. Not sure if they'd follow through region crossing though. But otherwise great idea. Get to it. And post pics. Smile

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23404 is a reply to message #23401] Mon, 06 August 2007 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I gave it a try, I created a new Creature Family that spawns a certain bandit. I then gave that bandit the brain of a summoned bandit. Then I placed the creature generator, and everything worked fine. Except for the fact that the bandits were still hostile. Do brains not work with creature generators? Or should I create a new CREATURE? Thanks.

Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23407 is a reply to message #23399] Mon, 06 August 2007 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
I think you should create a new creature. Couldn't hurt.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23408 is a reply to message #23404] Mon, 06 August 2007 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
HodgePodge wrote on Mon, 06 August 2007 23:33

Okay, I gave it a try, I created a new Creature Family that spawns a certain bandit. I then gave that bandit the brain of a summoned bandit. Then I placed the creature generator, and everything worked fine. Except for the fact that the bandits were still hostile. Do brains not work with creature generators? Or should I create a new CREATURE? Thanks.

Use a villager. There's an unknown in the main CREATURE entry that makes them hostile.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23409 is a reply to message #23407] Mon, 06 August 2007 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay Smile
I created a new creature and it still didn't work Sad Does anyone else feel like giving this a try, because I'm probably just doing something wrong Razz

Edit: Whoops just saw blue's post imma go try it

[Updated on: Mon, 06 August 2007 21:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23412 is a reply to message #23409] Mon, 06 August 2007 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I'm making progress. The villager is friendly, and he follows me, though not through regions. The only problem is, he doesn't attack. I gave him a weapon, the brain of a summoned bandit, and I gave him a new CAppearanceDef just to make sure that he had the anims to attack, and he still just follows me around with his axe out while I'm being killed. Ideas?

Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23413 is a reply to message #23412] Mon, 06 August 2007 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
HodgePodge wrote on Tue, 07 August 2007 00:29

Okay, I'm making progress. The villager is friendly, and he follows me, though not through regions. The only problem is, he doesn't attack. I gave him a weapon, the brain of a summoned bandit, and I gave him a new CAppearanceDef just to make sure that he had the anims to attack, and he still just follows me around with his axe out while I'm being killed. Ideas?

Factions.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23414 is a reply to message #23399] Mon, 06 August 2007 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try the brain of a guard, or base the new creature off a guard, they attack hostile enemy's naturally (thats why my mod, reinforcements, works).

Assistant for Conquest

[Updated on: Mon, 06 August 2007 22:41]

Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23415 is a reply to message #23414] Mon, 06 August 2007 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
During the story you come across Guards that help you and follow you, they don't attack you, they follow you and they attack other enemys. Can't you give the villagers that guard's brain?
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23416 is a reply to message #23399] Mon, 06 August 2007 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe they are being controlled and influenced by the quests script, they still have guard brains, they're just being told to follow you.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23417 is a reply to message #23415] Mon, 06 August 2007 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I gave 'em the bandit brain. Works perfectly, Now I just have to figure out how to make it spawn more villagers, and I will take over ze world! Laughing

Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23418 is a reply to message #23417] Mon, 06 August 2007 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
HodgePodge wrote on Tue, 07 August 2007 00:55

Now I just have to figure out how to make it spawn more villagers, and I will take over ze world! Laughing

These should do it.
ActiveCreatureLimit INTEGER
TotalGenerationLimit INTEGER
NumTriggers INTEGER

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23419 is a reply to message #23399] Mon, 06 August 2007 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might do this in a large area, for my amusement (I once, with my Jack's minions bow, summoned a bunch of minions, and used the insane TurnCoat mod to take over half of them, and had them fight it out while I watched on top of a cliff.)

Assistant for Conquest

[Updated on: Mon, 06 August 2007 23:12]

Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23420 is a reply to message #23418] Mon, 06 August 2007 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlueTooth wrote on Tue, 07 August 2007 00:59

Now I just have to figure out how to make it spawn more villagers, and I will take over ze world! Laughing

These should do it.
NumTriggers INTEGER

I changed those values and it didn't do anything. What should they be changed to?

Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23422 is a reply to message #23420] Mon, 06 August 2007 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
HodgePodge wrote on Tue, 07 August 2007 01:12

BlueTooth wrote on Tue, 07 August 2007 00:59

These should do it.
NumTriggers INTEGER

I changed those values and it didn't do anything. What should they be changed to?

Got me. I never played with generators much.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23424 is a reply to message #23422] Mon, 06 August 2007 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I'll keep experimenting tomorrow, hopefully I can get it to work. Thanks for all of your help everybody Very Happy

Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23456 is a reply to message #23424] Tue, 07 August 2007 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOOT! It works. I have pics too Very Happy Only thing left to do is replace the villagers with bandits, and try to make them go through regions with you. If I have to, I'll just put a creature generator in every region, though that'd be kinda tedious. I also need to make children killable, because when you come into bowerstone and start attacking the guards with your 30-odd men, children become enemies too Laughing Unfortunately, since they can't be killed, my guys just spend all their time hacking away Razz Here are pics Very Happy

index.php?t=getfile&id=3384&private=0

Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23469 is a reply to message #23399] Tue, 07 August 2007 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol thats funny, but if you want to kill children you could change Damageable to 1 instead of 0, or install the Fable PAIN mod.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23470 is a reply to message #23469] Tue, 07 August 2007 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just made it so that children don't spawn in Bowerstone Wink

Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23471 is a reply to message #23470] Tue, 07 August 2007 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That pic reminds me of The Bowerstone Raid! lol
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23475 is a reply to message #23399] Tue, 07 August 2007 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
It's a revolt!

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23480 is a reply to message #23475] Tue, 07 August 2007 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright, any ideas on making 'em move between regions, cause I'm stumped Confused

Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23482 is a reply to message #23480] Tue, 07 August 2007 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
HodgePodge wrote on Tue, 07 August 2007 19:47

Alright, any ideas on making 'em move between regions, cause I'm stumped Confused

This is one thing I've never found out how to do. I say start with searching in the main CREATURE entry though. It may have something to do with how the thing is spawned though. Shop keepers can follow through regions right?

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23483 is a reply to message #23482] Tue, 07 August 2007 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Creatures summoned by the summon spell can follow you through reigons search through them!
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23497 is a reply to message #23483] Tue, 07 August 2007 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NPC's only follow you if you use the Follow expression. Would there be a way to constantly apply that to an NPC?

EDIT: I searched through the CREATURE entry of the Creature, and I compared it with GHOSTLY SWORD. I found a few variables, but none of them seem to help. I'll take a look through the CDefs, but I think you're right when you say it has to do with how they're spawned Blue Sad

[Updated on: Tue, 07 August 2007 22:21]

Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23498 is a reply to message #23497] Tue, 07 August 2007 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
HodgePodge wrote on Wed, 08 August 2007 00:18

NPC's only follow you if you use the Follow expression. Would there be a way to constantly apply that to an NPC?

EDIT: I searched through the CREATURE entry of the Creature, and I compared it with GHOSTLY SWORD. I found a few variables, but none of them seem to help. I'll take a look through the CDefs, but I think you're right when you say it has to do with how they're spawned Blue Sad

My guess is that the Follow Expression and Henchman scripts allow stuff to cross regions. But who knows. You can also try playing with the AICREATURE variable: RegionFollowingOverriddenFromScript

http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=scripting:commands:a icreature

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23499 is a reply to message #23498] Tue, 07 August 2007 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Problem is, I don't think that script could be used with a Creature Generator, though it's worth a shot. And just for the sake of letting you guys know, I went prehistoric on this thing's ass and just changed every differing variable, and it did absolutely nothing. Razz

Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23500 is a reply to message #23499] Tue, 07 August 2007 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
HodgePodge wrote on Wed, 08 August 2007 00:35

I went prehistoric on this thing's ass and just changed every differing variable, and it did absolutely nothing. Razz

Well that sucks. I was going to suggest setting "ScriptNameOfAllGeneratedCreatures ENUM *NOTE* Left blank in base scripts" to the Henchmen scriptname to see what happens. Smile

I can't remember if generators are stored in the save game or not. If it is I can see if the variables are being stored with the CTC.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23501 is a reply to message #23500] Tue, 07 August 2007 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I just tried changing that, and it basically makes every creature that comes out of there into a bodyguard. You have to pay for 'em, and you have to hire 'em individually and that's not too feasible for 50 NPCs Sad Any other creatures that you can think of that follow between regions without follow and wait?

Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23502 is a reply to message #23501] Tue, 07 August 2007 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
HodgePodge wrote on Wed, 08 August 2007 01:17

Okay, I just tried changing that, and it basically makes every creature that comes out of there into a bodyguard. You have to pay for 'em, and you have to hire 'em individually and that's not too feasible for 50 NPCs Sad Any other creatures that you can think of that follow between regions without follow and wait?

Wait... Can you hire more than 2? If so the Henchman cost is in the script.bin

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Summoned Army, would it work? [message #23503 is a reply to message #23502] Tue, 07 August 2007 23:33 Go to previous message
No, only two Sad And it's just tedious to walk up to 50 people individually and hire them. Would there be a way to hire all at once? If I have to, I'll just stick creature generators in every region so that it seems like they follow you Razz

Update: Okay, It's DEFINITELY not anything to do with how the creature is spawned, because I've tried spawning the creature, and I've even tried shooting 'em out of a damn bow and they STILL won't follow me through regions. Crying or Very Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 09 August 2007 22:29]

Previous Topic: help with chest spawning
Next Topic: Help with shop spawning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:16:59 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01390 seconds