Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » New NPC, with dialogue?
New NPC, with dialogue? [message #23423] Mon, 06 August 2007 23:24 Go to next message
Darkechibi is currently offline  Darkechibi
I am currently trying to add a new NPC (prostitute) and really would like to give her original dialogue. I believe this to be possible, but have no idea how to do so.
Here is what I have done so far.
I have a new entry in the bordello, she has a unique ID and appears, working, but has the voice of SOPHIA as this is her ScriptData.
I would like to make her TEXT appear different that sophia's and remove her voice.
I obviously need to change her scriptdata to something else, by creating a new entry, but how? I had intended to export whatever controls this data, edit it, and reimport it, would that work?
I would appreciate any and all useful comments.
THANKS
DC

Quantumbutterfly.net (warning adult material)

[Updated on: Mon, 06 August 2007 23:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New NPC, with dialogue? [message #23425 is a reply to message #23423] Mon, 06 August 2007 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HodgePodge is currently offline  HodgePodge
Create new text entries and link those to her. To remove the voice, just delete the entries in her CEntitySoundDef Wink

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/HawjPawj/PONG.gif
Re: New NPC, with dialogue? [message #23427 is a reply to message #23423] Tue, 07 August 2007 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I appreciate the help, but I am afraid I do not understand at all. Create them where?

Thanks
DC

Re: New NPC, with dialogue? [message #23428 is a reply to message #23427] Tue, 07 August 2007 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Open text.big and right click, create new entry, Symbol Name is the name of the entry, type can be obtained from existed text entries, try using the text entries from the other prostitutes. Then just edit the text and make the NPC link to them. Do you understand the CEntitySoundDef part?

Re: New NPC, with dialogue? [message #23429 is a reply to message #23423] Tue, 07 August 2007 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am afraid not, I am for want of a better term green. not totally but close enough. I am currently looking through the text.big for the prostitute sophia dialogue.

Re: New NPC, with dialogue? [message #23430 is a reply to message #23429] Tue, 07 August 2007 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check the Fable Explorer thread, Silver just posted a new FE with Search Very Happy and as far as the CEntitySoundDef, just open up your new NPC, click on CDefs, go to CEntitySoundDef, and delete all of the sound entries in there Wink

Re: New NPC, with dialogue? [message #23431 is a reply to message #23430] Tue, 07 August 2007 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are being so helpful, I appreciate it a lot, but I am still totally lost.
I have done little at this point, so far all I really have is sophia with diffrent mesh. I don't understand what it is that tells my new girl what to say anything. I assume that scriptdata is a call to something else and that is what I should be editing to tell it to look in the text.big for these new entries, but where is that data stored?
I don't mean to be a pain, but I seem to be unable to understand.

Re: New NPC, with dialogue? [message #23443 is a reply to message #23423] Tue, 07 August 2007 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Think I am getting it. As the game requests the responses (from the NPC) by use of Bordellolady script the requests are standerized. So when she asks it is with TEXT_QST_B13_****_PARTY_PAID_QUESTION, where the **** is the name of the script in question. that is the scriptdata info.
so all I did was make a new entry in that data field, took the line for how much in game to pay, exported it to a simple file name, imported it with the new scriptdata fields name at **** and edited the text.

UNFORTUANTLY I can't get anymoney to be taken. any thoughts?
DC

Re: New NPC, with dialogue? [message #55515 is a reply to message #23423] Sat, 02 January 2010 12:06 Go to previous message
Torionel
I undestood this function.

1) Export from text.big some dialog such as TEXT_QST_B13_****_HAPPY.

2) Make new dialog, Symbol Name - TEXT_QST_B13_****_HAPPY

**** - it is just something what you want to see there.

'Identifier' - 'TEXT_QST_B13_****_HAPPY', too.

'Content' - text of your custom dialog for npc.

Save these all things and exit FE.

3) Spawn NPC, ScriptName - BordelloLady, ScriptData - something that you wrote in '****' place on step two.
Previous Topic: attacking moves
Next Topic: health regeneration for hero
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:51:50 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01534 seconds