Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Objects » Necromancer Headgear  () 2 Votes
Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #40557 is a reply to message #40555] Wed, 30 April 2008 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ironman2412 is currently offline  ironman2412
ah thx, i did look i just didn't know where to look.
Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #42045 is a reply to message #23578] Thu, 05 June 2008 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gisaku is currently offline  gisaku
question for all the people who asked to combine the necro headgear with the assassin mask after i posted it, ARE YOU GUYS BLIND?? i've posted it in the middle of the forum!(i still don't have any screenshots of it cuz i'm just back to fable and i've didn't tested my FE yet, I hope it will work cuz it didn't when I stopped, the game froze every time i became apprentice in the game) edit: P.S. yes i've also removed the shoulder pads

edit: ok, sorry for being rude, cuz I was such a dumbass to not test the fmp. But you guys could have said that it didn't work than I could look at it immidely(i'm not sure how to spell it Confused) And i have screenshots now

Your fate is already decided....
Until you meet me

G!54ku

[Updated on: Sun, 08 June 2008 13:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #43862 is a reply to message #23578] Fri, 11 July 2008 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kaotic_drake is currently offline  kaotic_drake

First, I'm not really new here though I just joined. I've been watching these forums for a while, finally got around to adding myself to the ranks though. Laughing

Second, just curious about the hood with the mask. Are you planning on fixing the problem? Because I really like how it looked, I just can't seem to use the file.

Live or die. Who really cares what happens after that?
Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #43876 is a reply to message #23578] Sat, 12 July 2008 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gisaku is currently offline  gisaku
actually it's fixed, you just need to load it over another mesh of a helmet and put some textures on it. I don't know the rexture ID's becouse I'm not at a computer with Fable now and I won't for four weeks.

Your fate is already decided....
Until you meet me

G!54ku
Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #45001 is a reply to message #23578] Wed, 20 August 2008 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lord Mason is currently offline  Lord Mason

For those of you who are too inept to spawn these objects in a chest here's a simple guide to spawn it through drops... And be sure to back up your game.bin files.

1. Open Fable Explorer.

2. Open the game.bin section.

3. Scroll down to Object_Family

4. Double click on the creature that you want to drop the item. It should say: "Reward_Guard_01" and so on.

5.Click the + on Object Family and + on Reward Objects.

6. Double click on Reward Object list.

7. Delete all of the entries and click add.

8. Enter in the ID number of the desired item and an occurence rate of 100 or so.

9. Apply changes, go to actions, Save Mods And Run Fable...

10. Now the selected creature will drop whatever you want.

Hmm... Death Magnetic or Black Ice? So hard to choose.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 August 2008 08:01]

Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #47386 is a reply to message #23578] Wed, 19 November 2008 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

This is an excellent mod. Great job!

Maybe you could make a version without the shoulders? It looks good with it of course, but if your a dark will user sometimes it doesn't go with the suit.

And a white version for the bright wizard suit would kick some serious rear!

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 19 November 2008 17:06] by Moderator

Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #48335 is a reply to message #47386] Sun, 04 January 2009 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TagManDK is currently offline  TagManDK
Am I the only one who thinks the screenshots are too dark to see a damn thing? Confused
Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #48355 is a reply to message #47386] Sun, 04 January 2009 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

DarkenedSoul wrote on Wed, 19 November 2008 14:15

This is an excellent mod. Great job!

Maybe you could make a version without the shoulders? It looks good with it of course, but if your a dark will user sometimes it doesn't go with the suit.

And a white version for the bright wizard suit would kick some serious rear!

Thanks moderators Wink

I can see the mask itself fine. Thats all you really need.

Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #48400 is a reply to message #48355] Tue, 06 January 2009 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TagManDK is currently offline  TagManDK
DarkenedSoul wrote on Sun, 04 January 2009 17:44

But I can't. ^^ And my screen's brightness is, believe me, bright enough.
Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #48410 is a reply to message #48400] Tue, 06 January 2009 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

TagManDK wrote on Tue, 06 January 2009 09:55

DarkenedSoul wrote on Sun, 04 January 2009 17:44

But I can't. ^^ And my screen's brightness is, believe me, bright enough.

Ok. Download it and look for yourself Wink

Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #48492 is a reply to message #48410] Fri, 09 January 2009 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jimlo is currently offline  jimlo
Hi,
kinda sorry to bump this thread Sad
but i got like a question....
the 2nd mask is uber nice(without shoulders) but its an .X file
i know ppl say try search first than ask but i can rlly find anything about putting an .X file in FE.
Could some one help me out with this Confused

Anyways thanks in advance,

Jimlo

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3706/fatrixbiged7.th.jpg
Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #49337 is a reply to message #23578] Tue, 24 February 2009 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trevayne is currently offline  Trevayne
Nice skin i like it Very Happy

Im just 14 so dont think im good !
Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #50489 is a reply to message #23578] Wed, 01 April 2009 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MoopletX
what do i open the mod with?
and where do i find it?

[Updated on: Wed, 01 April 2009 14:05]

Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #50492 is a reply to message #50489] Wed, 01 April 2009 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

MoopletX wrote on Wed, 01 April 2009 13:59

what do i open the mod with?
and where do i find it?

YOU LOAD ALL MODS WITH FABLE EXPLORER
YOU FIND FABLE EXPLORER IN THE TOOLS SECTION

Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #50564 is a reply to message #23578] Mon, 06 April 2009 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fablehacks is currently offline  fablehacks

nice mod!! Im just not into head accessories. Shocked

Billy Divris FOOL
Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #50567 is a reply to message #36104] Mon, 06 April 2009 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sepiatree is currently offline  sepiatree
.x file? how do I install that? should i rename it to be .fmp?

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/94/l_8f801630760f441ab0e78847a76e1fea.jpg
Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #50571 is a reply to message #50567] Mon, 06 April 2009 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

sepiatree wrote on Mon, 06 April 2009 17:01

.x file? how do I install that? should i rename it to be .fmp?

No. .x = 3D model file.

It comes with an FMP. Use it.

Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #50715 is a reply to message #50571] Mon, 13 April 2009 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant get the necro helm.x file to work. How do I apply it? Sorry I don't understand how to use it. I have the necromance.fmp file installed, but it crashes when I try and equip it from the menu while in the game. It spawned successfully though. Where in EF do I go to use the .x file.

I went to "objects", "OBJECT_HERO_HELMET_NECROMANCER", "Object", "C8636B2E - Graphic", clicked the "Links to (ModelID) : Mesh...", "Load", then clicked "necro helm.x", "apply changes", then saved and ran fable. but it still crashes..

Am I in the right place? is my problem in another area maybe?

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/94/l_8f801630760f441ab0e78847a76e1fea.jpg
Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #50720 is a reply to message #23578] Tue, 14 April 2009 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone know what this error means? I tried to avoid this error by by using "take ownership" but it still happens, I can spawn the helmet/mask object, but Fable crashes when I try to equip it in the game. I always have this error when trying to "save and run" the game..

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (.86)\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\graphics\graphics.big' is denied."

With buttons "Details", "Continue", and "Quit"

[Updated on: Tue, 14 April 2009 09:18]

Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #50721 is a reply to message #50720] Tue, 14 April 2009 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wasabii is currently offline  wasabii
not sure if u still cant get the thing wrking but.
go into textures and find the mesh, open it up
import the .X file. once loaded, click the last tab and add the numbers according to the object, like hood, and mask or sumthing.
then click apply on the bottom and top of the window (thats just me, iuno if you hafta click both of them) save and run, wrked for me

if i can figure out this myself, so can you, not that hard to learn the basics

[Updated on: Tue, 14 April 2009 09:27]

Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #50722 is a reply to message #50721] Tue, 14 April 2009 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if I go to the file, go to "graphics", and click the link to the mesh, it shows a 3d helmet at the bottom. There are 2 different "Import" buttons ("sub header" and "entry data"), and a single "Load" button (under "model"). Is the number your talking about the "ID" at the top? mine reads "4142" should I change it?

When I spawn the item it does go into my "head" area on my character, so maybe that parts okay..

Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #50723 is a reply to message #50722] Tue, 14 April 2009 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wasabii is currently offline  wasabii
sorry, i meant graphics.
lmfao i got this all wrong,
load the .x file, not import
then there are three tabs, click on the last one and fill in for the hood and the mask, i would post screenies but my FE isnt wrking right, gimme a sec to fix it
Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #56121 is a reply to message #50723] Thu, 11 February 2010 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
derkky is currently offline  derkky
Really, really sorry for necro posting. However, I want to make the .x file work. I did everything the other posters did, load up the file in FE, go to graphics, load the .x file, and then, I came to a dead end. I clicked on the third tab and i did not know what numbers i was supposed to enter. Can someone please tell me?
Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #58083 is a reply to message #23578] Sun, 27 June 2010 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evyldyn is currently offline  Evyldyn
It looks awesome,
Using it in the game right now.
Thank you for making it ^^
Lots of hearts and chocolate chip cookies for you!
Re: Necromancer Headgear [message #58577 is a reply to message #23578] Fri, 16 July 2010 04:53 Go to previous message
hwayunhae is currently offline  hwayunhae
I know it's been a month since this topic was posted to, but there seems to be some ongoing confusion about how to use the .x file that was posted on page 1. So. A picture tutorial (warning, oversized pictures):

Preparations:
BACK UP YOUR game.bin and graphics.big files. we're gonna be changing them.

1) Download the following files if you haven't done so already:
Separated Assassin Mask - by Keshire
Necromancer Headgear - by crazybunny
No-shoulderpads mesh - by gisaku

2)Open Fable Explorer and use file -> Load Fable Mod Package to load each fmp.

3) Go to Actions -> Save Mods and Run Fable (in case FE decides to be stupid and error when making your changes later).

4) Exit out of Fable and click okay on the popup from FE to return to editing.

Part 1:
1) doubleclick "graphics.big"

2) click the "+" next to MBANK_ALLMESHES

Part 2:
1) doubleclick MESH_HERO_ASSASSIN_MASK_01

2) on the window that comes up, click the tab labeled "materials"

3) on the materials tab, click on the only item there, labeled "mask_stealth"

4) take note of the numbers next to "Baste Texture ID" and "Max Texture Layers". You're going to need them soon.

5) Minimize or exit out of the assassin mask.

Part 3:
1) doubleclick on MESH_HERO_HELM_NECRO (WARNING: DO NOT load the .x file at this point)

2) click the materials tap, as we did on part 2.

3) click on the first option on this tab, labeled "hood".

4) again, make note of the Base Texture ID number and the number of max textures.

5) click on the button that says "load" (not import)

Part 4:
1) Navigate to where you saved necro helm.x, select it, and hit "ok" to load it into FE.

2) We're not done yet, but before you do anything else, go to Actions -> Save Mods and Run Fable (this will hopefully prevent the error that may occur when trying to apply changes to the mesh later)

3) When you reach your fable profile, exit out of the game and return to FE.

(no image...)

Part 5:
Load MESH_HERO_HELM_NECRO if you've somehow exited out of the dialog.

1) in the materials tab, click on "hood"

2) input the values you took note of in step 3 into the correct fields (make sure that max texture layers = 1).

3) Hit apply changes at the bottom of the dialog.

Part 6:
1) in the materials tab, click on "mask_stealth"

2) input the values you took note of in step 2 into the correct fields (make sure that max texture layers = 1)

3) Hit apply changes at the bottom of the dialog

4) Hit apply changes at the upper right of the dialog

5) If there was no error (crosses fingers) got to Actions -> Save Mods and Run Fable. Your mask should now be usable and lacking in the ugly shoulderpads.

Edit:
To use the helm in game, you must first spawn it. You can find a useful tutorial on spawning chests here, and a collection of links to tutorials and applications that are useful for modding here.

Phew. That should be everything.

Hopefully, this tutorial can help alleviate the confusion regarding how to use gisaku's mod for the necromancer headgear.
(for a modding newbie like me, applying .x files to existing objects ended up being way more complicated than it first appeared, which is why I decided to post a tutorial, even though the topic is so old. Confused )

~ Matsu

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/228/matsusig.png

[Updated on: Fri, 16 July 2010 06:25]

Previous Topic: The Eagle Sword
Next Topic: Sword of Ronio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:09:51 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01201 seconds