Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Simple Sword Tutorial
Simple Sword Tutorial [message #24299] Fri, 17 August 2007 03:55 Go to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
I get about 5 pm's and emails a day on how to model.

I suck at modeling. I'm an animator.
But anyway. Here's a quick tutorial I put together. These are the simplest quickest skills I have.

http://rapidshare.com/files/49522311/Tutorial.avi.html

These tuts are all done in 3ds max.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 September 2007 22:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #25944 is a reply to message #24299] Thu, 06 September 2007 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
http://rapidshare.com/files/53947407/Chain_Generation.rar.ht ml

For all those people that wonder how I did the chains.

Here is a 5 minute video of how it was done. Roughly.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #26240 is a reply to message #24299] Sun, 09 September 2007 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
http://rapidshare.com/files/54612545/Reseting_Transforms.rar .html

Another how-to vid.

How I reset the origin and transforms to fix any origin and scaling issues.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #26241 is a reply to message #24299] Sun, 09 September 2007 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Cleaned out posts that aren't questions.

Feel free to post questions. If I get around to doing what is needed to answer it I'll post a video. Wink

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
icon9.gif  Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #27368 is a reply to message #26241] Sun, 16 September 2007 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shavn5000 is currently offline  shavn5000
Ok, I've made my first weapon in 3dmax. I've done the hierarchy. I have the Panda exporter. Yet, for the life of me, I can't get it into FE... I get this HRESULT that I know you've heard about, or just part of my weapon shows up or the whole weapon shows up but crashes fable. I've tried figuring out what you mean in your written directions(about weighting and pasting my .X mesh frame over the clean one, but I try things and they don't work. So, I was wondering, would you be able to make a tutorial of exporting a weapon and putting it into the game? My brain hurts, so what ever you can do would be very appreciated.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 September 2007 20:59]

Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #27598 is a reply to message #24299] Tue, 18 September 2007 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leviathan-Ran is currently offline  Leviathan-Ran
I reckon that would be a good idea too, the more people that know how to make weapons the better I say!

http://solemn-spirit.dyndns.org/public/Leviathan-Ran/newcig.png
"After an eternity away from you all... Jack of Blades, is back!"
Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #27778 is a reply to message #27598] Tue, 18 September 2007 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amen.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 September 2007 15:54]

Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #28202 is a reply to message #24299] Sat, 22 September 2007 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Other things I can't seem to figure out is making a new graphic entry w/ the model visual and how to do the same with a texture entry. About 3ds max, I'd like to know how to take multiple objects and assign them to one UVW. In fact there's a lot of specific things I'd like to know. You might want to make a "series" of tutorials displaying every aspect of weapon making, from the time you open 3ds max, to the time you're killing people in the game with that weapon. You might also want to post lists of utilities that you've used(eg. I was like, "Where the bleep is Texporter in my bleeping 'More...' option!?", though I discovered that it was a plug-in later on. Bottom line is, my weapon is still rotting despite me trying to figure this all out myself with every spare moment I have, and I want to give all the credit to myself(Rather than hand the model over to someone else to finish it). I want to learn as I'm sure others do too. So hurry the bleep up! Just playing. Just try to make it a priority.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 September 2007 01:03]

Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #29206 is a reply to message #24299] Tue, 25 September 2007 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, thanks for keeping me posted. Rolling Eyes You should probably edit out "Feel free to post questions. If I get around to doing what is needed to answer it I'll post a video." so people like me don't get confused. I don't understand it, you're pumping out weapons left and right but you can't get around to posting a video. I have to wonder if you even check back here and if you do, where's the "Good idea, I'll see if I can't post a vid after the next weapon I make.", you know, some kind of heads up or at least some recognition that the request was even made. All I'd really like to know is if for one, you're planning on getting around to it, and for two, if it's going to be before Fable 2 comes out. It's common courtesy man. Don't worry though, I still love you. I really just want to make my own weapons, because honestly, I just don't like any of the weapons available here (well the broken sword was cool). Anyways, let a brother know Blue, I have a family to feed, so I dislike spending countless hours on the internet trying to decipher if what I've been reading has any solutions to my tribulations. Well ok, I got to go take a deuce.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 September 2007 21:54]

Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #29217 is a reply to message #29206] Wed, 26 September 2007 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
shavn5000 wrote on Tue, 25 September 2007 23:14

Well, thanks for keeping me posted. Rolling Eyes You should probably edit out "Feel free to post questions. If I get around to doing what is needed to answer it I'll post a video." so people like me don't get confused. I don't understand it, you're pumping out weapons left and right but you can't get around to posting a video. I have to wonder if you even check back here and if you do, where's the "Good idea, I'll see if I can't post a vid after the next weapon I make.", you know, some kind of heads up or at least some recognition that the request was even made. All I'd really like to know is if for one, you're planning on getting around to it, and for two, if it's going to be before Fable 2 comes out. It's common courtesy man. Don't worry though, I still love you. I really just want to make my own weapons, because honestly, I just don't like any of the weapons available here (well the broken sword was cool). Anyways, let a brother know Blue, I have a family to feed, so I dislike spending countless hours on the internet trying to decipher if what I've been reading has any solutions to my tribulations. Well ok, I got to go take a deuce.

I'll do them when I feel like doing them. But don't sit here and hold your breath. And then complain of all things.

I do many many other things with my time.
I animate
I model
I Admin 3 forums
I also do game development for these same 3 forums.
I'm in the process of hacking a Nintendo DS rom.
I work Full Time.
I have a 2 year old.
I have a currently pregnant wife.

So step off biatch.

http://moviebattles.com/
http://fableTLCmod.com/
http://tornearth.wetnun.net/forum/

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=60809

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #29368 is a reply to message #29217] Wed, 26 September 2007 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're missing the point, I just want to know if you're planning on doing it... arseface. Very Happy So in other words, I'm not telling/expecting you to do anything. I'm just pointing out that if you post a thread encouraging requests, common courtesy should tell you to tell the requesters whether or not it can be done, and when. You could tell them that you're swamped for another week or so. If it takes you weeks at a time to get things done, as admin, you'd figure you might appoint someone else certain positions so that you can work more proficiently. I know you're here to help and I thank you for it, but you're not going to be much help if you're never available.
Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #29430 is a reply to message #29368] Wed, 26 September 2007 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
shavn5000 wrote on Wed, 26 September 2007 18:33

You're missing the point, I just want to know if you're planning on doing it... arseface. Very Happy So in other words, I'm not telling/expecting you to do anything. I'm just pointing out that if you post a thread encouraging requests, common courtesy should tell you to tell the requesters whether or not it can be done, and when. You could tell them that you're swamped for another week or so. If it takes you weeks at a time to get things done, as admin, you'd figure you might appoint someone else certain positions so that you can work more proficiently. I know you're here to help and I thank you for it, but you're not going to be much help if you're never available.

Well. I haven't gotten around to doing the things that need answering. And until I get this Nintendo DS stuff hacked it's unlikely I will. So no ETA.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #29435 is a reply to message #29430] Wed, 26 September 2007 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, thank you.
Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #38812 is a reply to message #24299] Sat, 08 March 2008 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sonda888 is currently offline  sonda888
on your first how-to video, when you turned your line into an editable mesh, the inside turned black, mine iis invisible. How do you make the inside black?

http://sig.aqstats.com/font:green;line:black;bg:df.sepulchre/82296.gif[/image][/link]
View My AQStats.com Profile![/link]
Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #39356 is a reply to message #38812] Fri, 21 March 2008 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benner is currently offline  Benner
sonda888 wrote on Sat, 08 March 2008 17:50

on your first how-to video, when you turned your line into an editable mesh, the inside turned black, mine iis invisible. How do you make the inside black?

You have to end the same line at the same place as you started it. If you did it exactly after the guide it should work. You must NOT end the line and begin it again.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 March 2008 04:18]

Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #39694 is a reply to message #24299] Sat, 29 March 2008 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Necroranger is currently offline  Necroranger

What program are you using here and where did you get it?

The darkness will consume your soul,
Do not try to resist....

Necroranger
..::The Dark Assassin::..
Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #39695 is a reply to message #39694] Sat, 29 March 2008 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
He's using 3DS, you can buy yourself a copy here.
Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #39701 is a reply to message #39695] Sat, 29 March 2008 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

OK, so I was messing around, but whenever I try to move one of the actual line points.... they move up and down instead of staying on the same plane. This severely distorts the image I have in the perspective window, so I was wondering if you know of a way to set all points to the same plane.

Do not try to resist....

Necroranger

[Updated on: Sun, 30 March 2008 11:24]

Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #39768 is a reply to message #39701] Tue, 01 April 2008 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benner is currently offline  Benner
Necroranger wrote on Sun, 30 March 2008 04:48

OK, so I was messing around, but whenever I try to move one of the actual line points.... they move up and down instead of staying on the same plane. This severely distorts the image I have in the perspective window, so I was wondering if you know of a way to set all points to the same plane.

It sounds like you didn't plase all the lines on the "Top" Viewport.
Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #39815 is a reply to message #39768] Wed, 02 April 2008 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I did it just like in the first video.

Do not try to resist....

Necroranger
Re: Simple Sword Tutorial [message #46245 is a reply to message #24299] Mon, 13 October 2008 12:14 Go to previous message
ardotschgi is currently offline  ardotschgi
In the first video, 18:02. what was that? I haven't got it. Can you help me, please?

I'm German, so please excuse me about my bad English Smile
Previous Topic: General Information
Next Topic: A Video, Making Weapons Work in Fable, The Easy Way
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:49:35 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01279 seconds