Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Making stuff with Gmax?
Making stuff with Gmax? [message #24757] Tue, 21 August 2007 08:36 Go to next message
Manta is currently offline  Manta
I have gmax and i was wondering if it was possible to make news models of items with it.
Re: Making stuff with Gmax? [message #24766 is a reply to message #24757] Tue, 21 August 2007 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
You know, I looked into this, perhaps you can give it a try. I can tell you that currently, it's not really possible, because you'd need to keep the hierarchy and 3D model in tack, along with all the helpers in the right place. There is a method to export X files, only they are sent out of proportion. In other words, it really small. It can get imported into FE, but, like I said, it's really small. I'm going to work on a template for size, and the hierarchy seems to import ok (although in Gmax it's hard to tell if hierarchy entry's are linked or not). I'll get back to you later, perhaps I'll start a new thread.

Edit

Ok, I found out how to make it export in proportion of it's size, but it makes the game crash then you try to use it in game. If anyone can overcome this, you are welcomed. However, here is everything you will need to export models as X in Gmax. Also note, when I examined what happened to the weapon, it's Orphan_Helpers were all deleted (yet everything else remained), so you can use Gmax for objects I guess Rolling Eyes.

Guide you need

FlightSimulator exporter plugin (because the link to it on the guide is broken)

Gmax

Also a way to export your models as metric so it gets export by the exporter properly (well, closer to properly).

Quote:

You need to make sure your System Unit Scale is set to 1 unit = 1 meter.

Click on Customize, then Preferences... On the General Tab in the top left corner you will find where to make the change. This tell gMax what units of measure to store and export the model in.

The Customize > Units Setup is where you tell gMax what unit of measure you prefer to work with be it feet or meters etc. This only really affects the units of measure that are displayed in the spinner boxes and NOT how the model is stored. One of the nice things about having this feature is not all of us are used to working with the metric system. Also it eliminates having to do the math or the need for any kind of units converter as if you have your Units Setup set to Decimal Feet you can enter in a metric value and gMax automatically converts that value to the value in Decimal Feet . So if you enter in 1m in a spinner box and hit enter, gMax will show 3.281'

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan

[Updated on: Tue, 21 August 2007 14:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Making stuff with Gmax? [message #24770 is a reply to message #24766] Tue, 21 August 2007 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, what does bluetooth use to make his stuff?
Re: Making stuff with Gmax? [message #24771 is a reply to message #24757] Tue, 21 August 2007 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
3ds max, the $3500 version of Gmax.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: Making stuff with Gmax? [message #24772 is a reply to message #24771] Tue, 21 August 2007 14:08 Go to previous message
jesus...lol
Previous Topic: I need help...
Next Topic: How do you mod?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 03:38:29 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01082 seconds