Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » How do I Inject custom models, and what to use?
How do I Inject custom models, and what to use? [message #25050] Sun, 26 August 2007 11:55 Go to next message
Silentwindpl is currently offline  Silentwindpl
Well yeah I'm new here,
I've done modding for other games and whatnot. I use 3ds max 8. Is fable compatible with it? Also, if I do export the 3ds file into a compatible extension how would I 'inject' or plug it into the game. Also, one more thing. Does fable use bone structures to animate the bipeds or does it use nodes?

Thanks,
~Silentwindpl
Re: How do I Inject custom models, and what to use? [message #25062 is a reply to message #25050] Sun, 26 August 2007 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazybunny is currently offline  crazybunny
it uses bones to animate, but animation is only on clothing bows and characters. Yes you can use 3ds max 8 and you have to export as direct x.You have to use pandasoft exporter to export .x correctly though.and fable FEhas the option to load a custom model in the game.Go check out the work inprogress section to see lots of model stuff. i made a couple weapons and im working on clothing now. Weapon is easy, and clothing is a pain in the ass. Id suggest to learn on a weapon model first

[Updated on: Sun, 26 August 2007 13:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do I Inject custom models, and what to use? [message #25064 is a reply to message #25050] Sun, 26 August 2007 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Have you seen this thread?
You'll find some usefull info and links on the subject.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: How do I Inject custom models, and what to use? [message #25105 is a reply to message #25050] Sun, 26 August 2007 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Silentwindpl wrote on Sun, 26 August 2007 13:55

Well yeah I'm new here,
I've done modding for other games and whatnot. I use 3ds max 8. Is fable compatible with it? Also, if I do export the 3ds file into a compatible extension how would I 'inject' or plug it into the game. Also, one more thing. Does fable use bone structures to animate the bipeds or does it use nodes?

Thanks,
~Silentwindpl

Fe exports bones as nodes. But that's just fine for weighting.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Sun, 26 August 2007 21:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do I Inject custom models, and what to use? [message #25218 is a reply to message #25062] Mon, 27 August 2007 14:39 Go to previous message
Silentwindpl is currently offline  Silentwindpl
crazybunny wrote on Sun, 26 August 2007 13:20

it uses bones to animate, but animation is only on clothing bows and characters. Yes you can use 3ds max 8 and you have to export as direct x.You have to use pandasoft exporter to export .x correctly though.and fable FEhas the option to load a custom model in the game.Go check out the work inprogress section to see lots of model stuff. i made a couple weapons and im working on clothing now. Weapon is easy, and clothing is a pain in the ass. Id suggest to learn on a weapon model first

http://www.andytather.co.uk/Panda/directxmax_downloads.aspx

Thanks I got it! (Atleast I think that's the right one).

Well, I'm going to read some tutorials.. Once I find some, on how to mod for fable. Thanks for all the help guys!
Previous Topic: Xbox ScreenCap
Next Topic: albion explorer mess
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:10:17 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01245 seconds