Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Lock and key for doors?
Lock and key for doors? [message #25100] Sun, 26 August 2007 18:22 Go to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
Is there a way to make a door lock, and have it unlock with a certain item? I've used the search and couldn't find the answer.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25101 is a reply to message #25100] Sun, 26 August 2007 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

check the door in hobbe cave going to the moonlit tunnel, it needs that hexagon key for that hobbe cave quest

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25102 is a reply to message #25100] Sun, 26 August 2007 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I checked it and there is nothing truly special about it (just a script name that would only work with the hexagonal key I think, or it could be controlled by quest script). This has been suggested before to me.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25104 is a reply to message #25102] Sun, 26 August 2007 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HodgePodge is currently offline  HodgePodge
I doubt it. All of the things that require certain items to happen are parts of quest scripts :/

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/HawjPawj/PONG.gif
Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25106 is a reply to message #25100] Sun, 26 August 2007 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Yes it's possible. Attach the cdef that the silver key chests use.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25109 is a reply to message #25100] Sun, 26 August 2007 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HA! So that does work! I just wished it was TNG related, but oh well, at least I know it's possible.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25676 is a reply to message #25109] Sat, 01 September 2007 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I really really do hate how noobish this makes me sound, but where are the doors for buildings? How are they linked to the building entries? Embarassed

Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25677 is a reply to message #25676] Sat, 01 September 2007 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chaos is currently offline  chaos
They are objects.

Me and Sean_s are probably going to mess with more than just doors for houses, we're going to mess with gates and things.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/korgoth-of-barbaria/chaos-1.jpg
Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25678 is a reply to message #25677] Sat, 01 September 2007 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you know how they're linked to the buildings?

Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25679 is a reply to message #25100] Sat, 01 September 2007 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

they're not, all a door is is a teleporter that looks like a door.

Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25681 is a reply to message #25100] Sun, 02 September 2007 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
When not manually spawned, their actually spawned by the model itself.

There's a dummy called Create-Object:"Whatever" on the mesh.

I know for a fact they do this with windows, and bartaps.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25682 is a reply to message #25100] Sun, 02 September 2007 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

cool! I didn't know that

Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25684 is a reply to message #25682] Sun, 02 September 2007 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, would this not be possible with doors on things such as houses, where they just open and don't teleport? Or am I completely missing everything you're saying? Razz

Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25725 is a reply to message #25100] Sun, 02 September 2007 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recently went and tested this out, so I can get a feel of how it's done. I made a new bronze gate (copied except with a CChestDef) and made a CChestDef for the door making it so it requires 2 dragon scales (for those who don't know, it's an unused trophy) and made a chest contain two of them. For some reason it didn't lock, so now I'm trying to find out how to make it work.

Assistant for Conquest

[Updated on: Sun, 02 September 2007 19:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25726 is a reply to message #25725] Sun, 02 September 2007 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there a variable in the TNG's saying locked or open? Probably not, but it could have something to do with the CDefs of the gate...

Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25728 is a reply to message #25100] Sun, 02 September 2007 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm messing around with it, it's locked right now, but I can't unlock it. It might be the nature of the object being used to unlock it. I'll try something else.

I hope someone can help me out, because this is kind of important.

Assistant for Conquest

[Updated on: Sun, 02 September 2007 19:57]

Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25732 is a reply to message #25728] Sun, 02 September 2007 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same here, I'm trying to make it a huge quest to live in the grey house.

Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25735 is a reply to message #25732] Sun, 02 September 2007 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would say it has something to do with the dragon scales Searyan. Probably needs some CDef.

Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25736 is a reply to message #25100] Sun, 02 September 2007 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried using silver keys to, didn't work Sad. If Bluetooth could help us, you'll be helping out a lot. Something needs to be done to the door, or the TNG, or the item, or the CChestDef?

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #25737 is a reply to message #25736] Sun, 02 September 2007 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My computer will be here sometime next week Wink

Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #55982 is a reply to message #25100] Fri, 29 January 2010 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Torionel
Yes, it's possible to make lockable door.

You must open FinalAlbion.QST with notepad and set

"AddQuest("Q_PrisonEscapeRescueMother",FALSE);"

value from FALSE to TRUE.

Next you need spawn OBJECT_PRISON_CELL_DOOR_BARS_01 and set these values in it's script:

ScriptName CellDoorHero
CreateTC CTCActionUseScriptedHook
Targetable
CTCUsableScriptedHook: Usable

It 100% work. You don't need write Q_PrisonEscapeRescurMother Section in tng.

For open this door you'll need OBJECT_PRISON_CELL_KEY (i think you might change item for open anywhere in script.bin or just change model and description).

[Updated on: Fri, 29 January 2010 08:39]

Re: Lock and key for doors? [message #55983 is a reply to message #55982] Fri, 29 January 2010 09:17 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I remember this thread, it was one of the first things I noticed when I joined this site, over two years ago.
What you're talking about is quest-dependent, what's needed is stand-alone.

I've tossed about a few ideas, but none of them bore fruit.
One idea, mentioned here, is to use the CChestDef and related CTC to give the door a lock, but that doesn't work.

Another idea was to make an actual chest and use clever modeling and positioning to turn the chest into a door, such that when the chest opens, it's actually the door that opens, and because it would be a chest, it could use the CChestDef for the lock. But this was useless because open or closed, chests use the same collision mesh, so even if it looked open, it'd still be closed.

Other things I've played around with was using cutscenes to open and close doors, large doors, and that sort of acts as a lock as you would need to trigger a cutscene to open it, but that's a big hassle.
Previous Topic: Region Entrance Point UIDs
Next Topic: Game crashes when i open a spawned chest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 22 23:47:17 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00903 seconds