Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Requesting Weapons and AE question
Requesting Weapons and AE question [message #26286] Mon, 10 September 2007 13:59 Go to next message
MollaBoi is currently offline  MollaBoi

(Psst. Read the blue for a shorter, simpler request that doesn't include download problems. Rolling Eyes )

Hi there, I'm MollaBoi, and I guess my first post here is a rather pathetic one, being a request for mods and all.

The thing is, I have no problem with FE installation or mod downloading, but AE has been giving me quite a bit of trouble. I've read the wiki, the more recent help topics, and followed them down to the letter, and every time I get stuck when I get to a particular segment.

Userst.ini

It's supposed to have the usecompiledWAD set to true, but the thing is, it's not even there! And as if that wasn't bad enough, I'm not even sure if I'm saving FinalAlbion.wad in the right spot. It looks something like...

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels\Levels\Levels\FinalAlbion

I know that's all really quite a handful to read, but I was just wondering if maybe someone might be kind enough to fulfill a request of mine: Place a chest somewhere in Bowerstone North containing the BlueTooth Arbeques, the Dual Wield knuckles, and the weapons in the Giant Weapon Pack?
Re: Requesting Weapons and AE question [message #26288 is a reply to message #26286] Mon, 10 September 2007 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
MollaBoi wrote on Mon, 10 September 2007 21:59

It's supposed to have the usecompiledWAD set to true

It's supposed to be set to false if you want to use the decompiled wad.

it's not even there

It's got to be in there somewhere. The game needs it for certain settings. It's path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\usert.ini. Try typing that into the search bar on the start menu and see what it brings up.

I'm not even sure if I'm saving FinalAlbion.wad in the right spot. It looks something like...

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels\Levels\Levels\FinalAlbion

It should be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels\FinalAlbion

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 September 2007 14:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Requesting Weapons and AE question [message #26290 is a reply to message #26286] Mon, 10 September 2007 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The thing with usecompiledWAD is that it isn't even showing up. But thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding, maybe I made a few other such mistakes, too! Sad

And I guess that maybe I should delete all those extra levels, or something.
Re: Requesting Weapons and AE question [message #26294 is a reply to message #26290] Mon, 10 September 2007 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

You know you don't have to use the decompiled wad to edit tng's.

You can keep the finalalbion.wad intact and use Fable Explorer and notepad or the tngparser to edit the scripts.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Requesting Weapons and AE question [message #26295 is a reply to message #26286] Mon, 10 September 2007 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
MollaBoi wrote on Mon, 10 September 2007 22:18

The thing with usecompiledWAD is that it isn't even showing up.

UseLevelWAD is what you're looking for. It's about the 21st line in the ini.

OldBoy wrote on Mon, 10 September 2007 22:26

You can keep the finalalbion.wad intact and use Fable Explorer and notepad or the tngparser to edit the scripts.

This is true. I prefer the full decompile for the speed it allows, though I guess it is more for developers than for regular users.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 September 2007 14:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Requesting Weapons and AE question [message #26297 is a reply to message #26295] Mon, 10 September 2007 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

OldBoy wrote on Mon, 10 September 2007 22:26

Ahh, I'm really rather oblivious to the actual use of Fable Explorer, aside from messing with Augmentations and Factions. That, and uploading other peoples mods are about all I can do.

This is true. I prefer the full decompile for the speed it allows.[/quote]

Satan wrote on Mon, 10 September 2007 16:27

UseLevelWAD is what you're looking for. It's about the 21st line in the ini.

Oh! I've seen that! I was wondering, but... that may very well be just what I needed. Very Happy
Re: Requesting Weapons and AE question [message #26473 is a reply to message #26286] Tue, 11 September 2007 18:09 Go to previous message

I got everything working now!

Thanks for all your help, both of ya. Very Happy
Previous Topic: How display all text from text.big?
Next Topic: my game crashes every time i do it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:57:31 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01096 seconds