Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Custom Tattoo Question
Custom Tattoo Question [message #26424] Tue, 11 September 2007 12:01 Go to next message
PieXags is currently offline  PieXags
Hello folks, this is a relatively simple "request" I would think. I searched the forums and found nothing concerning this. I found a few posts of people asking for this exact same thing in the large custom tattoo's thread, but nobody responded and helped them out.

Basically, I want to make custom tattoos. I think I'd be pretty good at it, the only problem is obviously the default way to create custom tattoos results in crappy, low resolution textures that aren't any fun at all. I read that finding a tattoo in the game files, a .dds file, and simply making a new tattoo card in it's place or something would allow for higher resolution custom tattoos.

Can someone explain, with relative amounts of detail, what to load, what tattoo file to find (and how to export it), and how to save the custom tattoo as a .dds new tattoo card for in-game use?

Cheers and thanks for any help recieved.
Re: Custom Tattoo Question [message #26507 is a reply to message #26424] Wed, 12 September 2007 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Look at the 'Editing Textures' part of this guide.

There's your answer how to replace a texture of anything in the game - including tattoos.

You have to make the texture alpha enabled and in Fable Explorer set Alpha -> 1

Also if don't want to overwrite an existing tattoo, you'll have to make a new object entry, new texture entry, new text entry etc. etc.
I'd start with overwriting one...

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Custom Tattoo Question [message #26755 is a reply to message #26424] Fri, 14 September 2007 11:25 Go to previous message
PieXags is currently offline  PieXags
...well nevermind it. I figured out how to replace one a little while after I'd posted this. I don't really care about creating a new tattoo card, I just wanted it into the game. I overwrote an existing tattoo you can find early in the game for real cheap from any of the tattoo guys, and now whenever I feel like looking different I just load a different tattoo into that slot before I boot up the game.

I'll post some of my custom tattoos in the larger thread sometime here later.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Eye question
Next Topic: I present, the devil hornet!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 04:41:26 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01859 seconds