Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » A Collection of Questions
A Collection of Questions [message #26486] Tue, 11 September 2007 20:00 Go to next message
Grog_McGee is currently offline  Grog_McGee

So I've been fiddling around with FE, generally making Fable more challenging...or at least attempting to.
(I've made Health do nothing more than aesthetically change you - and thus cost nothing. increased the cost of Physique, Guile ('cause stealing is way to easy), increased the cost of speed... Reduced the gold rewards from quests.)

However, there are other things that'd I'd like to do. Hence the following questions. (I have searched the forums and found nothing).

1. Where are item costs stored? And are they in some sort of annoying formula - like weapon damage (I know it's not that annoying, but it kinda is).

2. Where is the effect of Toughness stored? I'd like to make it merely an aesthetic thing - like I did with health.
-2a. Where is the accuracy multiplier stored?
-2b. Sorta related how does armor modify damage taken?

3. Is there a simple and quick way of removing Ages of [whatever] potions without going though every map and removing them?

4. Is CScriptDef where the boast wagers are stored? As in if I edit the values in there will that effect the actual wagered amount?

5. This one is more of a "would this be a really bad idea" question: If I reduced the renown earned from quests by say a factor of 10 would that completely mess the game up.

This one just occurred to me:
6. On the subject of quests, do they give you experience in addition to the experience that you earn when killing monsters during the quest? If so where is that reward stored (so I can kill it).

7. Could Mana Levels (Or whatever they're called) be modded to say instead of increase the length of the bar increase the recharge time (this one also just occurred to me).

Okay I think that covers everything I can currently think of, and if I don't stop soon I'm just going to come up with more questions to ask.

So, thanks everyone

Edit:
Ahhhh... sorry another question:
In SCRIPT_DEF: What do Experience Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, Heroic do?

My Random Fable Related Stufs
Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Tue, 11 September 2007 20:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26487 is a reply to message #26486] Tue, 11 September 2007 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
1. Where are item costs stored? And are they in some sort of annoying formula - like weapon damage (I know it's not that annoying, but it kinda is). - in the CStockItemDef (or something like that), and the only formal to it is something that will automatically be applied (higher guile, lower price, ect).

2. Where is the effect of Toughness stored? I'd like to make it merely an aesthetic thing - like I did with health. - Don't know
-2a. Where is the accuracy multiplier stored? - again, don't know
-2b. Sorta related how does armor modify damage taken? - I think the ARMOR entry's almost at the top of the list.

3. Is there a simple and quick way of removing Ages of [whatever] potions without going though every map and removing them? - Yes, kind of. Export the health potion and import it into the Ages of [whatever] so you'll just get regularly potions when you find them.

4. Is CScriptDef where the boast wagers are stored? As in if I edit the values in there will that effect the actual wagered amount? - I think that's hard coded into the EXE, could be wrong though.

5. This one is more of a "would this be a really bad idea" question: If I reduced the renown earned from quests by say a factor of 10 would that completely mess the game up. Shouldn't, it'd just make it harder to be well known (go kill a bunch of monsters to get your renown up).

This one just occurred to me:
6. On the subject of quests, do they give you experience in addition to the experience that you earn when killing monsters during the quest? If so where is that reward stored (so I can kill it). You earn the experience you get from monsters, it just shows how much you got during the quest.

7. Could Mana Levels (Or whatever they're called) be modded to say instead of increase the length of the bar increase the recharge time (this one also just occurred to me). - Again, don't know.

I answered the best I could.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26490 is a reply to message #26486] Tue, 11 September 2007 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Grog_McGee wrote on Tue, 11 September 2007 22:00

1. Where are item costs stored
  2. What effects Item cost
  3. Where is the effect of Toughness stored
  4. Where is the accuracy multiplier stored
  5. how does armor modify damage taken
  6. Is there a simple and quick way of removing Ages of [whatever] potions
  7. Is CScriptDef where the boast wagers are stored
  8. If I reduced the renown earned from quests by say a factor of 10 would that completely mess the game up
  9. On the subject of quests, do they give you experience in addition to the experience that you earn when killing monsters during the quest
  10. Could Mana Levels (Or whatever they're called) be modded to say instead of increase the length of the bar increase the recharge time
  11. In SCRIPT_DEF: What do Experience Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, Heroic do

I love good questions. I rate them on if I have to actually open FE to look.
  1. CStockItemDef
  2. There are unknown modifiers in the CShopDef for each item that effect markup/down, as well as it's unknown where the guile modifier is located.
  3. It's unknown where toughness is located. But if I had some concrete numbers I could probably track it down.
  4. See 3
  5. It's a straight up damage reduction I beleive. Internally it's percentage based. http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=def_editing:amour_ty pes
  6. Nope. Your stuck to it. Do a folder search for the term and you'll be able to find every tng it's in.
  7. Correct. Seperated into cost and reward.
  8. Not really, but quests have renown pre-requisites that seem to be stored in the CQuestCardDef. As well as a hardcoded script for the lengendary renown demon door.
  9. No. Just Renown, Gold, and Objects. Other than the 2 instances where your mother and sister directly give exp. Which is in the actual cutscene script I beleive.
  10. Mana per level is in the HERO_STATS. There's an unknown modifier array right under that, that I never identified. Could be recharge rate. Not sure.
  11. Pretty sure it's how much exp is needed for the different orb sizes.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 September 2007 21:26]

Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26491 is a reply to message #26490] Tue, 11 September 2007 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

BlueTooth wrote on Wed, 12 September 2007 00:17

I love good questions. I rate them on if I have to actually open FE to look.

Am I to assume then that I asked not inanely stupid questions?

Quote:

CStockItemDef

Yeah, I feel particularly dumb about that one - it's bloody obvious.

Quote:

There are unknown modifiers in the CShopDef for each item that effect markup/down, as well as it's unknown where the guile modifier is located.

I'm assuming that what you are saying is that it is not currently known what each of the unknowns refers to game wise.

Quote:

It's unknown where toughness is located. But if I had some concrete numbers I could probably track it down.
See 3

What would constitute concrete numbers?

Quote:

Nope. Your stuck to it. Do a folder search for the term and you'll be able to find every tng it's in.

So I would have to use one of the other editors? Could I make them say give base 10 experience?

Quote:

Correct. Seperated into cost and reward.

Keen

Quote:

No. Just Renown, Gold, and Objects. Other than the 2 instances where your mother and sister directly give exp. Which is in the actual cutscene script I beleive.

I'm not so sure about the EXP that Mom gives you after the prison. In SCRIPT.DEF: 438AC964-PrisonEscapeExperienceFromMother has value 40000 (near the bottom). Now I have no clue nor a character that could test whether that is, in fact, the EXP you get during that cut scene (anyone feel like finding out)?

Quote:

Mana per level is in the HERO_STATS. There's an unknown modifier array right under that, that I never identified. Could be recharge rate. Not sure.

I'll check it out and see what I come up with.

Quote:

Pretty sure it's how much exp is needed for the different orb sizes.

Dang I was hoping that would be some kind of global experience do hicky that I could use to lower all experience from monsters...

And thanks a bunch of bunches!

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Tue, 11 September 2007 22:07]

Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26493 is a reply to message #26491] Tue, 11 September 2007 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Grog_McGee wrote on Wed, 12 September 2007 00:06

1. I'm assuming that what you are saying is that it is not currently known what each of the unknowns refers to game wise.
  2. What would constitute concrete numbers?
  3. So I would have to use one of the other editors? Could I make them say give base 10 experience?
  4. I'm not so sure about the EXP that Mom gives you after the prison. In SCRIPT.DEF: 438AC964-PrisonEscapeExperienceFromMother has value 40000 (near the bottom).
  5. Dang I was hoping that would be some kind of global experience do hicky that I could use to lower all experience from monsters...

1. Correct. Nobody has tested them to see what exactly they change. If it's labeled 'Unknown' thats exactly what it is.
  2. http://www.gamebanshee.com/fable/walkthrough.php Gamebanshee has some concrete numbers about a number of things. Such as exp, damage from spells and weapons, etc. The only thing they haven't helped me on is giving me numbers for stat increases. Nor has any walkthrough or guide I've found. And I don't want to do it myself. Thats a lot of testing involved.
  3. Yes. example: game.bin->OBJECT->OBJECT_WILL_POTION->CBonusItemDef->WillExperianceGiven
  4. That sounds right. It's also storing exp numbers for beating bosses.
  5. That's going to be another sucky one. Exp and Renown is stored PER creature in their CCreatureDef. Your best best is to increase the exp and renown costs if you want a quick change.. Both are stored in the HERO_STATS.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26497 is a reply to message #26493] Wed, 12 September 2007 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
Not bad questions just like Blue said, your another one who doesn't ask "how do I use" type of questions without searching. But yeah the unknown thing sucks. When they released FE4 someone said that they must of added names to a couple thousand unknown so you can imagine what it was like before! To bad Hunter's not making anymore FE's. Crying or Very Sad There are still probraly over Ten-Thousand more!
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26500 is a reply to message #26497] Wed, 12 September 2007 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
ShadowX630 wrote on Wed, 12 September 2007 05:25

Not bad questions just like Blue said, your another one who doesn't ask "how do I use" type of questions without searching. But yeah the unknown thing sucks. When they released FE4 someone said that they must of added names to a couple thousand unknown so you can imagine what it was like before! To bad Hunter's not making anymore FE's. Crying or Very Sad There are still probraly over Ten-Thousand more!

Those control numbers are actually CRC Checksums of the actual labels. The couple thousand unknowns were gotten from brute forcing. The rest you'll have to figure out on your own. Me and Silver filled in a good majority of them ourselves when FE was first written.

The only way to figure out the rest is to change the unknowns and see what happens.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26523 is a reply to message #26486] Wed, 12 September 2007 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

In an attempt to keep my questions from littering the forum...

Is it possible to make weapons require certain stat levels?

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26524 is a reply to message #26486] Wed, 12 September 2007 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not really, the only way I know of, is to make a heavy weapon with the light weapon animations, that way if you don't have the needed strength to wield it, you drag it on the ground, but if you do, you swing it like a regular sword. It's kind of funny when you use this on a small weapon like a knife, lol.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26540 is a reply to message #26524] Wed, 12 September 2007 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sean_s wrote on Wed, 12 September 2007 16:58

Not really, the only way I know of, is to make a heavy weapon with the light weapon animations, that way if you don't have the needed strength to wield it, you drag it on the ground, but if you do, you swing it like a regular sword. It's kind of funny when you use this on a small weapon like a knife, lol.

Yeah, that's what I figured - rats.

In CBonusItemDef what do AttackSpeedIncrease & AttackSpeedIncreaseTime do?

There's something weird about that sentence... le shrug.

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26546 is a reply to message #26486] Wed, 12 September 2007 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like what it suggests, adrenalin potions should use at least one of those (if you don't already know, it's a potions that isn't used in game but is complete in the game inventory and increases the attack speed and (I think) run speed for a few seconds. )

Assistant for Conquest
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26602 is a reply to message #26546] Wed, 12 September 2007 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hokay so here is another question:

Is it possible to create new weapon augmentations?

For example a bludgeoning augmentation - it could be given to weapons like the hammers/maces etc to increase their damage against a given list of monsters.

My reason for wanting to do this is because there really seems to be no reason beyond mere aesthetics to use anything other than a greatsword and it bugs the bejesus out of me.

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26603 is a reply to message #26486] Wed, 12 September 2007 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure because the silver augment is good against multiable types of monsters, although I don't think theres a way to make it only work for a specific type of weapon, except by making it unavailable in game and only have it on a mace or two.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26604 is a reply to message #26603] Wed, 12 September 2007 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sean_s wrote on Wed, 12 September 2007 22:30

I'm sure because the silver augment is good against [multiple] types of monsters, although I don't think theres a way to make it only work for a specific type of weapon, except by making it unavailable in game and only have it on a mace or two.

Yes these kind of augs would not be purchasable.

So...

If it is possible to make a brand new weapon aug. How does one go about doing that - I have searched this and found nothing... hence the question.

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Wed, 12 September 2007 19:40]

Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26609 is a reply to message #26486] Wed, 12 September 2007 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Creating Augs:

Currently there are 10 augments. 2 aren't being used (Bandit[256] and Hobbe[512] slayer)

http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=def_editing:augment_ ability_bits

You can see if the game will accept any higher bits (such as 1024 and 2048).

Once you create the augmentdef, assign it to an object. And then assign that object to a weapon (see legendary weapons for an example).

To give creatures a weakness to that aug, use the augment number in the Armour entry. It essentially reduces their armour class versus that weapon. So you could concievably give the augment a 0 damage increase. But the weapon will still do more damage.

In summary.

New game.bin->OBJECT->OBJECT_NEW_AUGMENT->CAugmentationDef

Modify game.bin->OBJECT->OBJECT_WEAPON_OF_YOUR_CHOICE->CObjectAugmentationsDef

and you can use 256,512, or attempt to see if the game will accept 1024, 2048, etc.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26610 is a reply to message #26609] Wed, 12 September 2007 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

BlueTooth wrote on Wed, 12 September 2007 23:17

Creating Augs:

Currently there are 10 augments. 2 aren't being used (Bandit[256] and Hobbe[512] slayer)

http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=def_editing:augment_ ability_bits

You can see if the game will accept any higher bits (such as 1024 and 2048).

Once you create the augmentdef, assign it to an object. And then assign that object to a weapon (see legendary weapons for an example).

To give creatures a weakness to that aug, use the augment number in the Armour entry. It essentially reduces their armour class versus that weapon. So you could concievably give the augment a 0 damage increase. But the weapon will still do more damage.

In summary.

New game.bin->OBJECT->OBJECT_NEW_AUGMENT->CAugmentationDef

Modify game.bin->OBJECT->OBJECT_WEAPON_OF_YOUR_CHOICE->CObjectAugmentationsDef

and you can use 256,512, or attempt to see if the game will accept 1024, 2048, etc.

Thanks

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26676 is a reply to message #26486] Thu, 13 September 2007 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hey look some more questions...
  1. Where are trader and store inventories hidden? That is, I can see that they're in CStoreDef but is there a way to see which store is which - otherwise this is going to be one long painstaking process to modify all the stores to be less le awesome in what they sell.
  2. Where are item groups for barrels, bookshelves, etc hiding...I've been searching for them off and on all day with no luck.
  3. The items dropped by monsters are controlled by CContainerRewardHeroDef --> OBJECT_FAMILY, correct? Assuming the above is true. How does the value of RewardObjectOccurrenceRate function? Since I see values that range from 50 to 400 I assume that this is not a percent chance...

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26692 is a reply to message #26676] Thu, 13 September 2007 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Grog_McGee wrote on Thu, 13 September 2007 20:56

Hey look some more questions...
  1. Where are trader and store inventories hidden? That is, I can see that they're in CStoreDef but is there a way to see which store is which - otherwise this is going to be one long painstaking process to modify all the stores to be less le awesome in what they sell.
  2. Where are item groups for barrels, bookshelves, etc hiding...I've been searching for them off and on all day with no luck.
  3. The items dropped by monsters are controlled by CContainerRewardHeroDef --> OBJECT_FAMILY, correct? Assuming the above is true. How does the value of RewardObjectOccurrenceRate function? Since I see values that range from 50 to 400 I assume that this is not a percent chance...

1. You can get to them from the Building or Creature themselves. Alternatively, there's a thread around here somewhere that lists them.
  2. Ha! Items that barrels, shelves, and chests have in them are all in the tng.
  3. I was under the impression that it WAS percentage based.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26772 is a reply to message #26692] Fri, 14 September 2007 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Okay so I've been searching for the shop keepers and their respective stores - with no luck. So I was just about to ask for a quick guide when I decided to have a look at the IRC Logs and low there on the first page:

BlueTooth wrote on Thu, 16 February 2006 04:28

[...]
<Kes|Work> CShopDef starts off with what text to use for buying, selling, and turned down.
<Kes|Work> Then an item count, and then items
<Kes|Work> then shop keeper to use
[...]

If only I'd looked a little more closely at the CShopDef I would have found this yesterday?! Wow I feel stupid.

*Begins ridiculing himself*

Anyways, there's no question here - just thought I'd share my happy/funny/stupid moment with the rest of the world.

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #27361 is a reply to message #26486] Sun, 16 September 2007 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Two questions:

1. [stupid question removed]
  2. Can monster attack speeds be increased?
  3. [question removed]

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Sun, 16 September 2007 17:47]

Re: A Collection of Questions [message #27369 is a reply to message #27361] Sun, 16 September 2007 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. [stupid question removed] - Ok...
2. Can monster attack speeds be increased? - I think that's held in the brain, witch as far as I know is very complex.
3. Some monsters, eg, the wasp queen have no CAppearanceDef, would I be correct in assuming then that their armor rating works like this: DamageType(Divided by 500)*100? - It does have a CAppearanceDef, I checked. I'm not sure how armor rating works, the only time I ever tried to mess with it made the armor weaker (arcons), but I only tried once.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #27370 is a reply to message #27369] Sun, 16 September 2007 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sean_s wrote on Sun, 16 September 2007 20:58

[...]
3. Some monsters, eg, the wasp queen have no CAppearanceDef, would I be correct in assuming then that their armor rating works like this: DamageType(Divided by 500)*100? - It does have a CAppearanceDef, I checked. I'm not sure how armor rating works, the only time I ever tried to mess with it made the armor weaker (arcons), but I only tried once.

Yeah I removed question 3 because what that was not even the correct question - nor does it actually make sense. Question 1 was a stupid question that had already been answered and I was just being an idiot.

Question 3 (redux):
Do monsters have a CAppeanceModifierDef? That is, where is the base armor rating of monsters hiding?

About the Def.xml
I assume that this is known but just not labled in the xml but the array in HERO_COMBAT->HERO_COMBAT_MAIN_PC->HeavyWeapons is a stat level requirement.

The first value in the array is the HeroAbilityNumber (which refers to the value in HERO_STATS->MAIN_HERO_STATS->StatLevels), the second value is the level that stat must be at.

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Sun, 16 September 2007 19:01]

Re: A Collection of Questions [message #27375 is a reply to message #27370] Sun, 16 September 2007 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deathsvisage is currently offline  deathsvisage
mybye look in all boxes theres not that many ill edit these when i find

OK I THINK ITS A UNKOWN IS PERCIVEDTHINGDEF
IF NOT JUST CHANGE VANARABLE TO MELLE AND DAMAGEDABLE GOT I THINK IT IS IN PERCIVEDTHING DEF ITS THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD MAKE SENCE

[Updated on: Sun, 16 September 2007 19:11]

Re: A Collection of Questions [message #27378 is a reply to message #27375] Sun, 16 September 2007 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

deathsvisage wrote on Sun, 16 September 2007 22:00

mybye look in all boxes theres not that many ill edit these when i find

Huh? I'm not sure what you mean. I think you're telling me to search through all the cdef. But which cdefs I'm not sure.

Please, at the very least punctuate your sentences - and thanks for looking for them.

deathsvisage wrote on Sun, 16 September 2007 22:11

OK I THINK ITS A UNKOWN IS PERCIVEDTHINGDEF
IF NOT JUST CHANGE VANARABLE TO MELLE AND DAMAGEDABLE GOT I THINK IT IS IN PERCIVEDTHING DEF ITS THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD MAKE SENCE

Gah, caps, gah.

From a little playing with the number I don't think it is... but perhaps I'm wrong.

Currently, that unknown would be giving a wasp 300 armor. That's seems a little high.

Hokay, so ...

As above where are monsters armor rating stored?

Now to my confusion:
The interaction of the CAppearenceModDef armor rating, ARMOUR DamageTypeResponse, and the actual damage taken.

The way I understand it so far is:

Hero is wearing Leather Armor (armor rating 449 or .89)
The hero is then hit by a sword damage type 0.
Leather has a .75 in that entry in it's ARMOUR->DamageTypeResponse
Thus against damage type 0 leather armor has an effective armor rating of 1.12?

And so when the hero is struck with a sword that deals 2.0 damage it will be reduced by 1.12?

[Anyone?]

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Tue, 18 September 2007 05:41]

Re: A Collection of Questions [message #27777 is a reply to message #27378] Tue, 18 September 2007 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Anyone care to help?

I've been fiddling around with BlueTooth's Adjusted Armor Ratings Mod... in hopes that that would might make it clearer ... except that, no it only confused me more.

So as the questions above ask and/or perhaps more clearly what does DamageTypeResponse do to armor?

I've been searching and gahh... nothing and gah... it's making me crazy Confused

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #27780 is a reply to message #27378] Tue, 18 September 2007 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Grog_McGee wrote on Sun, 16 September 2007 21:07

Hero is wearing Leather Armor (armor rating 449 or .89)
The hero is then hit by a sword damage type 0.
Leather has a .75 in that entry in it's ARMOUR->DamageTypeResponse
Thus against damage type 0 leather armor has an effective armor rating of 1.12?

And so when the hero is struck with a sword that deals 2.0 damage it will be reduced by 1.12?

[Anyone?]

Sounds about right.

AppearanceModifier gives a percentage of the total armour.

If Your wearing 100 percent armour (AppearanceModifier)
If Your taking 100 percent of the Damage (ARMOUR)
You'll take 100 percent of the damage (CWeaponDef)
In-game, you'll have an Armor Class of 500. (Why? The hell if I know)

TABLES!!!
100 Armour
100 Type

100 Damage
500 Armour Class

50 Armour
100 Type

100 Damage
250 Class

50 Armour
50 Type

50 Damage
500 Armour Class

So appearance modified the percieved Armour Class.
Damage type modifies the actual damage taken.

Or so I've seen. Smile

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #27781 is a reply to message #27780] Tue, 18 September 2007 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks Blue XD

However, I'd just like to make sure that I'm actually understanding all this ... it might just be late and my brain is ceasing to function ... so bare* with me:
Toggle Spoiler

First I'm going to ignore the actual displayed game values 'cause they obviously are largely meaningless, though I do have a theory on that.
Toggle Spoiler

Also I'm going to ignore type since I would assume they all function the same way...

Appearence Modifer Value: 1.0 (100%)
Enemy Damage = 1.0
=damage taken: 0

Appearence Modifer Value: .5 (50%)
Enemy Damage = 1.0
=damage taken: .5

Appearence Modifer Value: .0 (0%)
Enemy Damage = 1.0
=damage taken: 1.0

Yes? No?

Now the experiment with your (Bluetooth's) mod that left me so confused:
Appearence Modifer Value: 1.0 (100%)
DamageTypeRespose: 100 (<- is that a percent?)
Enemy Damage: 9.0
=damage taken: ? (My suspicion is that it will be around 90.0)

Assuming I've got it right, why did you (BlueTooth) not meddle with the Appearence Modifer and instead go for the DamageTypeResponse?

P.s. You wouldn't in your extensive Fable knowledge know where monster base armour values are stored (their version of appearence modifier)? Is it in fact in CPerceivedThing as deathsvisage said?

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #27782 is a reply to message #27781] Tue, 18 September 2007 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Grog_McGee wrote on Wed, 19 September 2007 00:03

P.s. You wouldn't in your extensive Fable knowledge know where monster base armour values are stored (their version of appearence modifier)? Is it in fact in CPerceivedThing as deathsvisage said?

Follow CHitLocationsDef. Don't ever listen to deathsvisage.

DamageResponseType is the important part.

AppearenceModifer: 1.0 (100%)
DamageResponseType: 1.0

LongSword: 9.0 (Multiply by 10 in-game)
damage taken: 90

I think the appearancedef only matters for armour class and possibly multiple armour pieces.

I set a lot of things rediculously high in my armour mod. You can very easily die. I have no doubt that I set naked Hero to take 1,000 Percent damage. Razz

And. If you didn't know. here are the types:
http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=def_editing:amour_ty pes

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 September 2007 22:30]

Re: A Collection of Questions [message #27988 is a reply to message #27782] Thu, 20 September 2007 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks Blue. As always you're a wealth of answers ... and seem to have the patience of a saint.

(And thanks to everyone else as well.)

My wee mod is moving along.

Quick question:
Is GLOBAL->DEFAULT_GLOBAL_DEFS->463C44A1 what controls how much you age by per stat point?

More of a curiosity than an important question.

Oh wait I do have an actual question:
Is it possible to change boast gold rewards into renown rewards?

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Thu, 20 September 2007 06:46]

Re: A Collection of Questions [message #28107 is a reply to message #26486] Fri, 21 September 2007 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy_Avenger is currently offline  Holy_Avenger
Sorry for interupting. By your question, are trying to make a new harder Fable? Looks like you really try anything to mess up with quest, exp, and potion.

I'm right here............
Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #28131 is a reply to message #28107] Fri, 21 September 2007 11:57 Go to previous message

Answer to Holy Avenger
------ Edit: Questions ------
  1. Is GLOBAL->DEFAULT_GLOBAL_DEFS->463C44A1 what controls how much you age by per stat point?
  2. Is it possible to change boast gold rewards into renown rewards?
  3. Damage Type 2 (Melee Damage according to Wiki) seems to be used only for the punching. Can someone confirm this?
  4. I'll test this out sometime today, but perhaps someone has already tried this: can weapon augmentations be added to clothing and/or creatures. You can. I haven't tested it on creatures, but it worked on clothing so I'll make the assumption it will work on a creature.

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Mon, 24 September 2007 14:27]

Previous Topic: Hero Injured Flash
Next Topic: help on spawning new items ie. master sword
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:01:18 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01460 seconds