Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Problem with FE with search, only!
Problem with FE with search, only! [message #27409] Sun, 16 September 2007 23:26 Go to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
Hello, a few days ago something bad happened that ended with my computer being completely wiped clean. Now that I have my computer back up and running, my computer actually runs very differently then it did before (not performance wise, but of like it's personality [how many problems it has, how it behaves, ect]). One of the things I'm having problems with if Fable, but I'm hoping that'll clear up soon enough.

Now, on topic. For some reason Fable Explorer with search wont start, when I try to run it I get that "XXX encountered an error and needs to close/please send an error report" window. It doesn't even show the splash screen or FE window.

I can’t really give any more information then that because it won’t tell me. I already used the search button and couldn’t find anything (then again I’m not the best at searching for stuff, on the Internet or in real life). So please, if you can help me, do so.

I have Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Hotfix, Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix, Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 installed on my computer, and I think I only need 2.0 for FE.

Oh I forgot to say, the regular FE works just fine, no problems there.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan

[Updated on: Sun, 16 September 2007 23:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with FE with search, only! [message #27411 is a reply to message #27409] Mon, 17 September 2007 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Check that it has the latest def.xml in it's folder. I'm not sure if the search version was supplied with it.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Problem with FE with search, only! [message #27412 is a reply to message #27409] Mon, 17 September 2007 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm using the latest Def file I think, also one didn't come with the download just so you know. I'll double check to see if it's my def.

Edit

I download both the DEf file and FE w/ search and put them into a folder by themselves, still persists.

Assistant for Conquest

[Updated on: Mon, 17 September 2007 00:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with FE with search, only! [message #27431 is a reply to message #27409] Mon, 17 September 2007 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I could never get the FE with search to work anyways...

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Problem with FE with search, only! [message #27500 is a reply to message #27409] Mon, 17 September 2007 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some unknown criteria is needed to run it then...wish I knew what it was.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Problem with FE with search, only! [message #27509 is a reply to message #27500] Mon, 17 September 2007 15:06 Go to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Works fine for me, I run;

Win XP Pro SP2
.net 3.0
Latest DirectX -although I doubt if that has anything to do with it.

And my system specs suck, so that can't be it...

My only guess is that it might need .net 3.0

Maybe Silver can clear things up?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Previous Topic: Problems w/ Albion Explorer
Next Topic: (help)graphics and textures.big *not working*
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:12:37 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01093 seconds