Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Noob question.
Noob question. [message #27761] Tue, 18 September 2007 18:21 Go to next message
Valeth is currently offline  Valeth
All right, I downloaded 3 mods for the PC version of Fable TLC and I want to know where I put the .fmp files in the directory of Fable for the game to recognize the mods.
Re: Noob question. [message #27763 is a reply to message #27761] Tue, 18 September 2007 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
You download the program on this site called Fable Explorer. Then on FE Click File-Load Fable Mod Package and select the .Fmps Just after your done click Action-Save Mods And Run Fable.
Re: Noob question. [message #27764 is a reply to message #27763] Tue, 18 September 2007 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShadowX630 wrote on Tue, 18 September 2007 18:23

You download the program on this site called Fable Explorer. Then on FE Click File-Load Fable Mod Package and select the .Fmps Just after your done click Action-Save Mods And Run Fable.

Thank you! All right, I'm going to download it now. Thanks again.
Re: Noob question. [message #27766 is a reply to message #27761] Tue, 18 September 2007 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
You need to download Fable Explorer (witch can be found in the Tools section). Open Fable Explorer (FE) and go to file at the top and load the mod from there. Once you got all your mods loaded under Actions press Save and run fable. It's recommended you backup the game.bin, names.bin, graphics.big, textures.big, and text.big before you mod.

Edit

I was beat to it Laughing.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan

[Updated on: Tue, 18 September 2007 18:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Noob question. [message #27767 is a reply to message #27766] Tue, 18 September 2007 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s wrote on Tue, 18 September 2007 18:25

You need to download Fable Explorer (witch can be found in the Tools section). Open Fable Explorer (FE) and go to file at the top and load the mod from there. Once you got all your mods loaded under Actions press Save and run fable. It's recommended you backup the game.bin, names.bin, graphics.big, textures.big, and text.big before you mod.

Edit

I was beat to it Laughing.

I just made a copy of the entire Fables directory, in case anything happens. Thanks for the heads up though.
Re: Noob question. [message #27768 is a reply to message #27761] Tue, 18 September 2007 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wise move, but remember if anything happens to that you can still rip the files off the disks, but if they're on your computer you have quick access.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Noob question. [message #27769 is a reply to message #27761] Tue, 18 September 2007 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have another question. I downloaded a mod that is supposed to give you all the EXP you need when you graduate from the Heroes Guild and it didn't work. Perhaps I didn't load the mods right. I did the File->Load thing. Do I need to activate it within the program?
Re: Noob question. [message #27770 is a reply to message #27761] Tue, 18 September 2007 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you go to action, save mods and run fable? If not then it wont work.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Noob question. [message #27771 is a reply to message #27770] Tue, 18 September 2007 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s wrote on Tue, 18 September 2007 19:04

Did you go to action, save mods and run fable? If not then it wont work.

I did. I went back to the topic where I downloaded the mod and I did it wrong in game. You were supposed to use an item after an event. I did it again and it worked. My bad. Thanks.
Re: Noob question. [message #27773 is a reply to message #27761] Tue, 18 September 2007 19:08 Go to previous message
Ok, happy modding Very Happy.

Assistant for Conquest
Previous Topic: File placing
Next Topic: Obsessed with Youth.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 04:17:46 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01042 seconds