Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » How the whole fable modding thing got started
How the whole fable modding thing got started [message #28319] Sat, 22 September 2007 17:53 Go to next message
Leviathan-Ran is currently offline  Leviathan-Ran
The Original Interview on G4tec TV with Zushiba,

it was originally supposed to be me been interviewed, but I told them to sod off and talk to Zushiba since it was his site and all.

Way back when!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W32Y15I9

http://solemn-spirit.dyndns.org/public/Leviathan-Ran/newcig.png
"After an eternity away from you all... Jack of Blades, is back!"
Re: How the whole fable modding thing got started [message #28346 is a reply to message #28319] Sat, 22 September 2007 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

lol nice

modding history is great, too bad the old site collapsed though

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: How the whole fable modding thing got started [message #28411 is a reply to message #28319] Sun, 23 September 2007 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it died so this place could be born =D

Re: How the whole fable modding thing got started [message #28437 is a reply to message #28319] Sun, 23 September 2007 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if there are they've basically stolen all of our work since everyone here pretty much researched, or created tools/methods on modding this game.

Re: How the whole fable modding thing got started [message #28640 is a reply to message #28437] Sun, 23 September 2007 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HodgePodge is currently offline  HodgePodge
you should've gone Ran, or at least both of you Razz

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/HawjPawj/PONG.gif
Re: How the whole fable modding thing got started [message #28648 is a reply to message #28319] Sun, 23 September 2007 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
The interview came well after we were in full cracking swing. It's just too bad we got stuck on the lzo compression that's everywhere. or else we'd have had more to talk about in the interview.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: How the whole fable modding thing got started [message #28649 is a reply to message #28648] Sun, 23 September 2007 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i'm still a bit fuzzy on all that stuff

mind sticking up a short history of the old site blue?

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: How the whole fable modding thing got started [message #28650 is a reply to message #28649] Sun, 23 September 2007 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Marcopolo wrote on Sun, 23 September 2007 23:04

i'm still a bit fuzzy on all that stuff

mind sticking up a short history of the old site blue?

Coulda swore I have before.

edit:

Quote:

History Lesson:

09/14/04 Fable released on Xbox.

I started doing work on file formats within days of release on gamefaqs.

Caimbuel also offered to help.
Zushiba offered us a forum. This became the fable.lanpirates.net site.

From there several people started helping. Fatum, Bigfreak, FreakDave, Tester123, Silver, Satan, NinjaKarl, and Godsyn.

The lanpirate site took a giant dive and Zushiba disappeared (playing WoW). So Pe_Ell offered to host a new forum. It was also around this time that Fable:TLC was released.

3 years later, I'm still here, sadly.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 September 2007 21:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How the whole fable modding thing got started [message #28654 is a reply to message #28650] Sun, 23 September 2007 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grog_McGee is currently offline  Grog_McGee

BlueTooth wrote on Mon, 24 September 2007 00:09

[...]
3 years later, I'm still here, sadly.

[start tangent]
Sadly? It's wonderful, wonderful that you're still here I says.
[End tangent]

My Random Fable Related Stufs
Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)
Re: How the whole fable modding thing got started [message #28880 is a reply to message #28654] Mon, 24 September 2007 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

lol well sucks we lose people to other games. Lost lostingeneral to oblivion, found him over at one of their mod forums once

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: How the whole fable modding thing got started [message #28902 is a reply to message #28319] Tue, 25 September 2007 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aye they were good guys, shame some of them dropped off the face of the inter web. What ever happend to Godsyn and Tester anyway?
Tester was game-save crazy!

I think what blue means about sadly been here is that Fable somehow manages to suck you back in... you can't get rid of it, like an terminal tumor it keeps eating at you...

[Updated on: Tue, 25 September 2007 04:48]

Re: How the whole fable modding thing got started [message #70251 is a reply to message #28319] Sat, 05 April 2014 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Bouncing this from the dead so I can jog my ailing memory.

For any new users that are confused I switched over to the BlueTooth username inbetween the original lanpirates forum and this one, and then eventually back to Keshire.

That is why there are referrences to BlueTooth in posts and some work. Very Happy

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.

[Updated on: Sat, 05 April 2014 18:43]

Re: How the whole fable modding thing got started [message #70331 is a reply to message #28319] Wed, 16 April 2014 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e
wow i always wondered who started this site or modding fable , so Zushiba was this sites creator , i always thought it might be Morerunes or Kenshire sense i see their posts are everywhere. I always thought that maybe a programmer from lion head that real enjoyed fable made the mod tools and started this site or something to that effect, at the same time i would think the mod tools would be more reliable than this if they were made by a lion-Head programmer then again game tools were not made so fools use them (:0

Re: How the whole fable modding thing got started [message #70332 is a reply to message #70331] Wed, 16 April 2014 13:07 Go to previous message

Administrator
Swanky_e wrote on Wed, 16 April 2014 14:36

wow i always wondered who started this site or modding fable , so Zushiba was this sites creator , i always thought it might be Morerunes or Kenshire sense i see their posts are everywhere. I always thought that maybe a programmer from lion head that real enjoyed fable made the mod tools and started this site or something to that effect, at the same time i would think the mod tools would be more reliable than this if they were made by a lion-Head programmer then again game tools were not made so fools use them (:0

Zushiba created the lanpirates forum. Pe_Ell created this forum.
The people that started the original modding scene was Caimbuel and I. That started on gamefaqs. It was "Hey, did anyone with modded xbox's see this stuff going on?"

I was writing out file specifications before fable was released. I had done a bunch of work on the RavenSoftware's Ghoul2 model/animation formats before moving to fable. As well as poking at a few other games. I think the first game I did anything serious on was Max Payne. I wrote a bunch of tutorials for getting animations in-game to help out the kung fu mods.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 April 2014 13:08]

Previous Topic: Ted Timmins
Next Topic: You guys use a lot of software stuff, right?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:15:54 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01321 seconds