Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Definitions » Even Damage - Weapon Metals
Even Damage - Weapon Metals [message #28695] Mon, 24 September 2007 10:40 Go to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
Ever wanted to use the cleaver, but the katana's damage made you use it instead? Well this mod fixes all that. This mod makes it so that any weapon of the same metal does the same damage! The only difference in damage would be the light and heavy weapons, but the heavy weapons still all do the same damage as each other. The light weapons damage is based off the katana, and the heavy weapon damage is based off the great sword (both the best damages in all metal classes).

There are three versions of this mod, one that applies the even out effect to just the basic metal weapons (iron, steel, obsidian [witch is actually a glass Razz], and master [brass]), one that applies the same thing to the legendary weapons with light weapons damage around 200, and heavy weapons of 314, and the third is also even damage applied to legendary weapons, only the light weapons are based on the Sword of Aeons/Avo's Tear (heavy weapons still based on Solus [there is also a math bug where weapons with sharpening {other then Solus} do one more damage more then other weapons, I hope this doesn't influence your choice of one weapon over an other as one damage in Fable is hardly anything]).

Note, the normal version can unbalance the game, since you can find some weapons lying around and be able to get the best of the weapon class for free, although some of you will go ahead and buy that cleaver (nothing like using a cleaver when killing people Smile). I believe the legendary even damage DOES cause unbalance, especially the the SOA/AT base (that's why I separated them).

Have fun Very Happy.

P.S. I left out Orkon's Club, for two reasons. One, it wasn't paired up with the other legendary weapons in FE, so at first I over looked it (it's really OBJECT_CLUB_GUARD_03 [wonder what happened to the other two...]), and two...it's such a pathetic weapon that even when I realized I over looked it I was like "**** it", but if anyone wants me to I'll make an FMP that changes it (it'll be stand alone) I'll make it.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan

[Updated on: Mon, 24 September 2007 10:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Even Damage - Weapon Metals [message #28697 is a reply to message #28695] Mon, 24 September 2007 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Very nice tweak this Cool

As for the other two club's (CLUB_GUARD_01, CLUB_GUARD_02) there are two different models in the graphics.big I believe. No objects.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Even Damage - Weapon Metals [message #28698 is a reply to message #28695] Mon, 24 September 2007 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Huh, I'll check those out...

Oh, and thank Smile.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Even Damage - Weapon Metals [message #28702 is a reply to message #28698] Mon, 24 September 2007 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deathsvisage is currently offline  deathsvisage
nice tweak
Re: Even Damage - Weapon Metals [message #28703 is a reply to message #28695] Mon, 24 September 2007 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leviathan-Ran is currently offline  Leviathan-Ran
Hey what do you know, this is actually a pretty good tweak, but now why should anyone pay the extra cash for a master katana when they can have a master pick hammer for almost a pittance and get the same damage? Very Happy

http://solemn-spirit.dyndns.org/public/Leviathan-Ran/newcig.png
"After an eternity away from you all... Jack of Blades, is back!"
Re: Even Damage - Weapon Metals [message #28730 is a reply to message #28703] Mon, 24 September 2007 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master_Bankai is currently offline  Master_Bankai
Dude! Nice tweak, i like it, very clever... Cool
Re: Even Damage - Weapon Metals [message #28732 is a reply to message #28703] Mon, 24 September 2007 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HodgePodge is currently offline  HodgePodge
Leviathan-Ran wrote on Mon, 24 September 2007 14:05

Hey what do you know, this is actually a pretty good tweak, but now why should anyone pay the extra cash for a master katana when they can have a master pick hammer for almost a pittance and get the same damage? Very Happy

Because they'd rather slice people with a japanese katana than with a pickhammer...though I'd rather use the pickhammer Razz

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/HawjPawj/PONG.gif
Re: Even Damage - Weapon Metals [message #28769 is a reply to message #28695] Mon, 24 September 2007 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cleaver for me (H)

Re: Even Damage - Weapon Metals [message #28783 is a reply to message #28703] Mon, 24 September 2007 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leviathan-Ran wrote on Mon, 24 September 2007 15:05

I thought of that, but unless you have TOA, you wont find any free master weapons (and the best weapons you get for free come late in the game, when you most likely have something better, so I guess the unevenness comes from legendary (witch is why I made it separate) weapons and weapons they just have lying around.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Even Damage - Weapon Metals [message #28797 is a reply to message #28695] Mon, 24 September 2007 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I Personally think all the weapons should base their damage off of the lowest weapon damage in their set, i.e pick hammers.

All the Iron Weapons do the same damage as the pick hammer
same for obsidian etc etc

The soulus greatsword should be tuned down, it does over 300 damage for Christ sake... it's actually stronger than the SOA...

Legendary Weapons are supposed to be legendary and therefore powerful, but the SOA is supposed to be this big dark evil awesome sword of doom... but it does less damage than a bloody sword you can BUY??? hmmm.

In the original fable it did 500 damage, so therefore it should o 500 in this, and AVO's Tear should do 400 Damage, simply because been good sucks Smile

Legendaries should be powered on the rate that you can find them in the game.

In closing that's just my thoughts on the matter.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 September 2007 18:01]

Re: Even Damage - Weapon Metals [message #28798 is a reply to message #28797] Mon, 24 September 2007 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
Leviathan-Ran wrote on Mon, 24 September 2007 21:00

In the original fable it did 500 damage.

Actaully, in the original Fable for Xbox, it did 550 damage! Good point though!
Re: Even Damage - Weapon Metals [message #28800 is a reply to message #28695] Mon, 24 September 2007 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make one yourself then, I don't feel like making it again. Also, I went to the Oracal once and he said, and I quote "The Sword of Aeon's is a shell of what it once was", so it shouldn't be as strong as it's legend suggests.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Even Damage - Weapon Metals [message #28801 is a reply to message #28695] Mon, 24 September 2007 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
550, exactly! now THAT was an awesome sword to go and beat things with, honestly what is the point in killing Theresa?

To get the SOA: Fight the Evil God-thing-dragonman Jack of Blades in a battle of blood death slaughter and then kill your little sister, who's supposed death has actually sparked the whole game up until now...

Avo's Tear: Read a book, talk to a stone.

Or, save your gold and buy the solus Very Happy

Sean_s wrote on Mon, 24 September 2007 18:03

Make one yourself then, I don't feel like making it again. Also, I went to the Oracal once and he said, and I quote "The Sword of Aeon's is a shell of what it once was", so it shouldn't be as strong as it's legend suggests.

Now now, let's have no moody angst from you young man, you changed a few values, it's not rocket science.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 September 2007 18:07]

Re: Even Damage - Weapon Metals [message #28804 is a reply to message #28801] Mon, 24 September 2007 18:06 Go to previous message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
Leviathan-Ran wrote on Mon, 24 September 2007 21:04

Avo's Tear: Read a book, talk to a stone.

Or, save your gold and buy the solus Very Happy

Laughing Laughing
Previous Topic: villager weapon addon
Next Topic: Blindfold and Sword Models
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:00:56 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01029 seconds