Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » omg how the fu**
omg how the fu** [message #28912] Tue, 25 September 2007 06:01 Go to next message
xXJack_Of_BladesXx is currently offline  xXJack_Of_BladesXx
how to model like that and get a lay out like thishttp://youtube.com/watch?v=vlD9cXQFfGs

Current mod(s): necropolis remake
Complete:Guild demon door remake
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2135/lmsvanhvitswordlb8.th.jpg
Re: omg how the fu** [message #28914 is a reply to message #28912] Tue, 25 September 2007 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
why is this in requests ?

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: omg how the fu** [message #28915 is a reply to message #28914] Tue, 25 September 2007 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cause i want to know how to do that i got my 3d max back plz tell me ill take a look after school bye bye now

Re: omg how the fu** [message #28916 is a reply to message #28912] Tue, 25 September 2007 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grog_McGee is currently offline  Grog_McGee

If you're asking how: practice, likely schooling. The view pans had images placed in them (something both maya, and max can do).

Here's a test run cycle I did near the beginning of the year.

It takes a lot of practice and time to learn to model well.

Basic polygon editing is the first step. Learn to make hammers, swords, household objects out of single Cube primitive. Moddelling is like modding it takes practice, patience, time, effort, and a willingness to learn.

My Random Fable Related Stufs
Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Tue, 25 September 2007 06:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: omg how the fu** [message #28917 is a reply to message #28916] Tue, 25 September 2007 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Grog_McGee wrote on Tue, 25 September 2007 08:14

If you're asking how: practice, likely schooling. The view pans had images placed in them (something both maya, and max can do).

Here's a test run cycle I did near the beginning of the year.

It takes a lot of practice and time to learn to model well.

Basic polygon editing is the first step. Learn to make hammers, swords, household objects out of single Cube primitive. Moddelling is like modding it takes practice, patience, time, effort, and a willingness to learn.

What he said.

Images in all 4 viewports. Planes with images applied and layed out. I use the same for animation.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: omg how the fu** [message #28922 is a reply to message #28917] Tue, 25 September 2007 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quick addendum:
If you're not experienced with using max I'd suggest using something like Blender. Max (and Maya) are like those tool boxes that sit around in autoshops, they have every tool you could possibly imagine and then some. Basically what I'm saying is that while Blender (never actually used myself, I'm a Maya guy) has the polygon tools extrude, split faces, etc, it won't have some of the more insanely (awesome) and thus complex tools that you'll find in max/maya that will confuse they hell out of you.
Note

Also, unlike modding, modeling is not something you can describe in words - pictures are a necessity.

Note on the my vid linked above

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Tue, 25 September 2007 07:12]

Re: omg how the fu** [message #28971 is a reply to message #28912] Tue, 25 September 2007 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
I tried blender once...I couldn't figure out how to make a box, with 3Ds max I still suck but at least I can make something Razz.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: omg how the fu** [message #28973 is a reply to message #28971] Tue, 25 September 2007 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sean_s wrote on Tue, 25 September 2007 18:08

I tried blender once...I couldn't figure out how to make a box, with 3Ds max I still suck but at least I can make something Razz.

Le shrug. As I said never used blender - but I'd always heard it was a more utilitarian kind of modeler, not the wickedly-awesome-super-power-houses of Max and Maya.

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)
Re: omg how the fu** [message #28991 is a reply to message #28973] Tue, 25 September 2007 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HodgePodge is currently offline  HodgePodge
Blender is actually a bit more complex than 3ds, the controls are weird. At least to me.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/HawjPawj/PONG.gif
Re: omg how the fu** [message #29011 is a reply to message #28991] Tue, 25 September 2007 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well it looks like everything I'd heard about blender being generally easier to use than industry tools was wrong. I stand corrected. I guess this is what I get for not checking things out for myself Laughing .

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Tue, 25 September 2007 16:53]

Re: omg how the fu** [message #29183 is a reply to message #29011] Tue, 25 September 2007 19:30 Go to previous message
thx all i look in to it
p.s i got halo 3 its freakin awsome

Previous Topic: Small suggestion
Next Topic: I have learned how to add items but i need help on mod items
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:32:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01132 seconds