Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » fable scripting language
icon7.gif  fable scripting language [message #30190] Mon, 01 October 2007 04:40 Go to next message
kameo is currently offline  kameo
Is there any way of adding more functionalty to the scripting language in fable by maybe editing the C# files
contained in the Defs folder.. i.e adding new custom scripting, for say like to control how many creatures are displayed on the screen at once.

by the way the defs folder is here.... ( c:\program files\microsoft games\fable - the lost chapters\data\Defs)

[Updated on: Mon, 15 October 2007 02:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: fable scripting language [message #30194 is a reply to message #30190] Mon, 01 October 2007 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
I don't think lion head would be happy with that, as I think they made their own language (if they didn't we'd have cracked everything by now), custom scripts are the most powerful since if you need something you can just make a new script for it. Good luck with making a good game though.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: fable scripting language [message #30322 is a reply to message #30190] Mon, 01 October 2007 20:36 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
The ThiNG Scripts aren't a scripting language per se. Their used primarily to spawn enumerated objects at specific coordinates. Any decent map format will do that much better.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: How do you spawn?
Next Topic: Error in graphics.big
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:17:57 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01497 seconds