Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tutorials » High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE)
High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #30495] Wed, 03 October 2007 04:48 Go to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
I made a mod that'll change the custom tattoo so that, instead of linking to the BMPs in \My Documents\My Games\Fable\Tattoos, they'll link to new texture entry's in the texture.big.

How to install, installing is basic modding knowledge.

How to use:

1. Open Fable Explorer.

2. In the top left part of the screen, click texture.big.

3. Scroll to the bottom of the list and you'll find 5 new texture entrys, HERO_SKIN_ARMS_MOD_CUSTOM, HERO_SKIN_BACK_MOD_CUSTOM, HERO_SKIN_FACE_MOD_CUSTOM, HERO_SKIN_LEGS_MOD_CUSTOM, and HERO_SKIN_TORSO_MOD_CUSTOM.

4. Double click on the one you want to edit, it'll open a new window.

5. Look for a button that says "Save As..." and save it somewhere you know where it'll be, in a format you want (bmp is default witch will be great for non alpha textures, but lets not get into that).

6. Open the picture with a photo editor, edit it to your liking.

7. Once you completed your tattoo and saved, go back into FE (if you closed it do steps 1-4 again).

8. Look for the button that says "Open New", a window will pop up, if your texture doesn't have alpha, leave import format as DXT1, if it does, change it to DXT3.

9. Click browse and look for your tattoo.

10. Once you selected your texture, click open on the window.

11. In the middle look for "alpha: (1)*arrows*, if your texture doesn't have alpha, click on the arrows to change it to 0, if it does, then leave it at 1.

12. Click the button "Apply Changes".

13. Go to the toolbar up top and got to the menu Actions and click "Save and run Fable". Wait a while (it takes a few seconds for textures), and once you get the "can't find splash.exe" click ok, and wait for Fable to start up.

14. Go to your nearest tattoo seller on Fable and enjoy your new high res tattoo Very Happy.

How to use .BIG tattoo cleanup:

1. Open Fable Explorer.

2. In the top left part of the screen right-click textures.big.

3. On the right-click menu, select "Merge Big".

4. Select the Tattoo Cleanup.big.

5. Unless you want to start a new tattoo (in witch case, go to step 2 in previous instructions), on the toolbar go to the menu Actions and click Save mods and install.

You now have reset the textures.

Advantages:

You can make higher resolution tattoos without the trouble of making a new tattoo card.

You can make the tattoo full alpha and it'll just paste onto the base texture.

Since we all have the custom tattoo cards on our character, you don't need to spawn anything, so don't worry about that.

Disadvantages:

This is that it will effect all profiles instead of it being custom for each one.

Nothing big, instead of the card appearing when you change the tattoo, they'll always be in the tattooist's choices.

If you reload the FMP, you'll probably get a corrupted texture, that's what the big is for (instructions on use are given)

This mod is aimed towards people who don't know how to make tattoo cards and people too lazy to make them. Enjoy Very Happy

P.S. I do not give support for how to use your picture editor or if you have trouble finding the file during the times you need to select it, you're on your own on those.

P.P.S. For some reason I was really careful on this post and gave a lot of specific instructions, so don't feel insulted if you felt like I was treating you like a noob.

P.P.P.S. I couldn't think of a good name for this, so if anyone can think of one that'll get it's use across in a summed up name, then suggest it if you would.

Edit

It seems that I made a mistake that caused the back to use the legs texture, and yet after 49 downloads, no one said anything. So, I have fixed the problem and have replaced the old FMP with the new one. I also replaced the Tattoo Cleanup.big because I heard it didn't work, removed at 48 downloads. FMP removed again after 24 downloads.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan

[Updated on: Sun, 24 February 2008 21:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Custom tattoo, FE version. [message #30498 is a reply to message #30495] Wed, 03 October 2007 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

wow, must've taken forever to type lol, You could just call it "High Res Tattoos"

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Custom tattoo, FE version. [message #30601 is a reply to message #30498] Wed, 03 October 2007 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HodgePodge is currently offline  HodgePodge
Excellent job Sean, I've been playing around with some tat designs lately, and quite honestly, I'm far too lazy to make a card every time Razz

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/HawjPawj/PONG.gif
Re: Custom tattoo, FE version. [message #30685 is a reply to message #30601] Thu, 04 October 2007 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master_Bankai is currently offline  Master_Bankai
how do i add alpha to an image...
Embarassed

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2008 12:47] by Moderator

Re: Custom tattoo, FE version. [message #30707 is a reply to message #30685] Thu, 04 October 2007 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/me throws the Photoshop manual at Master Bankai

Re: Custom tattoo, FE version. [message #30708 is a reply to message #30707] Thu, 04 October 2007 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
up, i don't have photoshop. arse face, i use gimp shop Mad Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2008 12:47] by Moderator

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #30710 is a reply to message #30495] Thu, 04 October 2007 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sniperdesign
what the hang is gimp shop?????!!!!!

\"Wednesday we sacrifice virgin chickens and take their blood,
Thursday we annoint ourselves with said blood,
Friday is poker night.\" : overheard from a shadow-worshiper
Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #30712 is a reply to message #30710] Thu, 04 October 2007 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.gimpshop.com/

try using google, next time smartass. People always tell me to search then ask, but never do it them selves. Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2008 12:48] by Moderator

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #30713 is a reply to message #30495] Thu, 04 October 2007 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sniperdesign
you need photoshop man its waaaaaaaay better

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #30714 is a reply to message #30712] Thu, 04 October 2007 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and, uh... what was it you said, oh yeah, "What the hang..." is the picture in your avatar of?

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2008 12:49] by Moderator

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #30715 is a reply to message #30714] Thu, 04 October 2007 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um coungh, how would you know if you havent tried gimp shop. Just a simple but obvious question.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2008 12:49] by Moderator

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #30717 is a reply to message #30495] Thu, 04 October 2007 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uhhhh. right. wierd. well what about my other question?

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2008 12:50] by Moderator

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #30718 is a reply to message #30495] Thu, 04 October 2007 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sniperdesign
valid question and i dunno but from what i have seen of it from google images photoshop is better

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #30720 is a reply to message #30718] Thu, 04 October 2007 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do you mean "google images"?

you would have to personally find out from the creator of the image which program thay used, google is not that thruough in their info.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2008 12:50] by Moderator

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #30721 is a reply to message #30495] Thu, 04 October 2007 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sniperdesign
yeah you have a point there umm well i'm downloading now so when finished i'll say whats better...

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #30722 is a reply to message #30721] Thu, 04 October 2007 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank you, im satisfied now. Twisted Evil

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2008 12:51] by Moderator

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #30736 is a reply to message #30715] Thu, 04 October 2007 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master_Bankai wrote on Thu, 04 October 2007 17:06

um coungh, how would you know if you havent tried gimp shop. Just a simple but obvious question.

I've tried both. Photoshop has many more capabilities and features, and the GIMP lacks a lot of the plugins available for Photoshop, such as brushes.

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #30738 is a reply to message #30495] Thu, 04 October 2007 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but the GIMP is free. Very Happy

I'd prefer next time you want to talk you don't use one of my threads (or anyone else's) if it's off topic, get MSN, Yahoo, ect.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #32640 is a reply to message #30495] Mon, 22 October 2007 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xeylon is currently offline  xeylon
thanks for the help sean, I've been reading a lot of the tutorials so that I can make my own mods. out of curiosity, do you know how to make the tat cards, Im sure theres a tutorial on it some where but for the life of me I cant find it.

*Removed bad paragraph*

PS. my bad Embarassed

[Updated on: Wed, 24 October 2007 13:54]

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #32650 is a reply to message #32640] Mon, 22 October 2007 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grog_McGee is currently offline  Grog_McGee

xeylon wrote on Mon, 22 October 2007 16:10

thanks for the help sean, I've been reading a lot of the tutorials so that I can make my own mods. out of curiosity, do you know how to make the tat cards, Im sure theres a tutorial on it some where but for the life of me I cant find it.

Also master bankai you can always download photoshop on a torrent site like piratebay or mininova .org I get all my programs there. I use daemon tools with the copied images of my fable disks mounted in 4 virtual drives so that if I screw somthing up I can just get the files with out rummaging about for my disks. I lost the box long ago lol, I have the cd key but the disks are in regular cases and I have about 500-600 dvds all in the same cases(I buy my dvd-rws in bulk lol all come with these crappy technicolor cases from hell,i should mark them but meh who has the time) XD

Site Rules
Quote:

3. We do not endorse pirating. Suggesting or asking for such will get you banned. If you like a game BUY IT. People worked hard to make something to entertain you, it's the least you can do. If you are caught without one of these you will be banned.

My Random Fable Related Stufs
Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Mon, 22 October 2007 14:02]

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #32686 is a reply to message #32640] Mon, 22 October 2007 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes xeylon. obey the rules. plus i am almost done saving money to buy it the LEGAL way. don't promote pirating again please, because that could get the site in trouble, and i really like this site.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2008 12:52] by Moderator

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #32947 is a reply to message #32686] Thu, 25 October 2007 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so uh how DO i make tat cards ?

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #33052 is a reply to message #32947] Sat, 27 October 2007 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
What do you mean? You make a new Game.BIN entry, then you read the clearly written tutorial that Searyan typed.
Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #33058 is a reply to message #33052] Sat, 27 October 2007 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i mean is can i edit them to have a card that had a mini img like the default tats and can i have edit the aperance defs

Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #33060 is a reply to message #33058] Sat, 27 October 2007 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
Oh, no.
Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #33286 is a reply to message #30495] Thu, 01 November 2007 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Moddex is currently offline  Moddex

Getting right back on topic 3 pages ago, I tried opening the .BIG file, but I get an unhandled exception error. Shows me some coding for detail that may as well be Greek to me and I can choose continue and have nothing happen or quit and close the program. What could be wrong, guys?
Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #35752 is a reply to message #30495] Thu, 20 December 2007 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have found a bug (that only recently someone told me about) and have fixed the problem. I also heard that the big didn't work, so I replaced that to. If there are any more problems, PLEASE PM me about it.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #38415 is a reply to message #30495] Mon, 25 February 2008 12:33 Go to previous message
shoggy is currently offline  shoggy
Hiya everyone!

Just like to say that the file Mod Custom Tattoo.fmp is now working properly, Thanks to searyan. I have tried it out and all is in order. in your face files that dont work!..hahaha

Shoggy
Next Topic: [Scripting] [Tools] CBox User Guide
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:47:00 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01317 seconds