Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » ...read people please...
...read people please... [message #31035] Sun, 07 October 2007 19:27 Go to next message
Loby-man is currently offline  Loby-man
well i think,scince people hate it,thre should be almost a restriction on .bmp images.....like all the post that have bmp images, Satan,Blue and others like to say "No Bmp images!"....just to make things easier...any comments?(aslo put in the rules...[just a though])

[Updated on: Sun, 07 October 2007 19:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ...read people please... [message #31054 is a reply to message #31035] Sun, 07 October 2007 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HodgePodge is currently offline  HodgePodge
There's no point in disabling it when people can just not post bmp's when not necessary. Why should the admins have to make up for the stupidity of the users?

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/HawjPawj/PONG.gif
Re: ...read people please... [message #31060 is a reply to message #31054] Mon, 08 October 2007 03:30 Go to previous message
Satan

Administrator
HodgePodge wrote on Mon, 08 October 2007 07:08

There's no point in disabling it when people can just not post bmp's when not necessary. Why should the admins have to make up for the stupidity of the users?

Quite right. Car manufacturers don't disable a cars ability to go over the speed limit even though that speed shouldn't be used, the majority of people know that it shouldn't be used and go along with it.

The reason we don't like .bmp files being posted is their size. They are generally quite large even for low detailed images, this takes up more space on the server than is necessary and slows the loading of pages.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Previous Topic: Community Question
Next Topic: Need serious help please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:27:45 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01060 seconds