Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Need serious help please
Need serious help please [message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 14:54 Go to next message
SinisterSpade is currently offline  SinisterSpade
Alright, my sister bought me this game quite a few months ago for my birthday. For some reason I never really bothered to touch it, till last night. So, I installed it and started playing..got my three good deeds done..then what happens? My monitor suddenly shuts off/goes into sleep mode. Pressing the button didn't help, so I was confused for a few moments. Then I figured it was the game and opened the task manager using ctrl alt del, minimizing the game, and my monitor came back on. So, I exited the task manager and brought the game back up. Played for about ten seconds, and the monitor turned off again.

It's been going like that ever since. Because of it I can't even get past the opening area. And I know I'm not the only one with this problem, cause someone else on gamefaqs is asking about it, but no one will answer him. Anyways, I tried a few different fixes I thought would work, but they didnt. I lowered the refresh rate, turned down all the graphics options down to the lowest, even started up in safe mode. Nothing worked. And I know the game is still going fine when the monitor turns off because the sound keeps coming off, and people are talking. I'd really like some help on fixing this. I loved fable for the xbox, and now I have TLC for the PC, and can use mods..but it wont work. o.< So..please, help.
Re: Need serious help please [message #31307 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

a few people have had this problem, and as far as I know they needed new graphics cards, sorry Confused

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Need serious help please [message #31311 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andymac525 is currently offline  andymac525
i had this problem when i put it on my new computer with vista. i just had to update the graphics card driver.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/andymac525/thGandalf.gif
Re: Need serious help please [message #31313 is a reply to message #31311] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
Make sure you have all nesseary requirements in the ReadMe. If that still doesn't work then you must get a new Video Card. To bad a decent one is about... a couple hundred dollars.
Re: Need serious help please [message #31314 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I'll try updating my drivers then. o.< If that doesnt work, I'll try the downstairs computer..and if THAT doesn't work..;_; I'll cry on the inside.
Re: Need serious help please [message #31315 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
According to the readme I have more than whats needed to run the game. o.< The readme also says certain resolutions could lead to display problems. I dunno. I'll try the drivers and switching between resolutions.
Re: Need serious help please [message #31317 is a reply to message #31315] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grog_McGee is currently offline  Grog_McGee

Please use edit when updating information - it saves space and makes the nice admins happy.

My Random Fable Related Stufs
Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)
Re: Need serious help please [message #31320 is a reply to message #31317] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grog_McGee wrote on Wed, 10 October 2007 17:27

Please use edit when updating information - it saves space and makes the nice admins happy.

Oh, leave him alone. He JUST registered! Only tell people that if they do that repeatedly. Nice advice though, just keep kissing up to the Admins! lol J/K
Re: Need serious help please [message #31325 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eh..sorry. Well, now I have some new problems. Keep in mind..I'm an idiot with computers. I downloaded the latest driver for my video card, and it wouldn't install for me. When trying to install the first part called 'Catalyst suite' or something like that, it said I needed the latest .net framework, which is 2.0. I have..version 1.1 so I guess I need to update that, but I don't know how. And then it moved on and tried to install the display drivers, and I got an error saying I needed to install standard VGA drivers first..? I have no idea what that is. o.< Anyone who can help me with all this? I'd be like..in your debt forever.
Re: Need serious help please [message #31328 is a reply to message #31325] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can get .Net Framework V 2.0 off of some site... Google it! Search for VGA files too.
Re: Need serious help please [message #31330 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm doing both right now. Multi-tasking with multiple tabs open. But can you explain to me what that stuff is? And will it do anything to my PC?
Re: Need serious help please [message #31331 is a reply to message #31330] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, standom things Fable needs to run. About .Net Framework V 2.0 EVERYONE has it here. It's REQUIRED to run Fable Explorer.
Re: Need serious help please [message #31334 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So..maybe that's why my thing keeps going to sleep mode while playing? o.O And I wonder why I didn't have it already then..anyways, I'm looking at multiple 2.0 things right now, and have no idea which it is I need to download. Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 (x64) sounds the closest I guess..is that the one I need to download? I know I have a 64 bit system or something like that..so..?
Re: Need serious help please [message #31336 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
First try running windows update, that'll give you the .net frameworks you need (or at least it did for me), then update your graphic card. If all that doesn't work then I have a theory, it could be your monitor itself. Some monitors can't take higher resolutions, so you should try a lower resolution (I use 800X600, a little jagged but still good), the default the game sets it at, I think 1280X124, witch might be too high. I think the log in screen has it at 1024X768, so at least that. If non of this works, I can't help you.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan

[Updated on: Wed, 10 October 2007 15:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need serious help please [message #31337 is a reply to message #31331] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Fable doesn't need .net 2.0... Anyway .net 3.0 can be found here. I'd install that, cause you might need it some time in the future and it has 2.0 included. It's harmless for your pc anyway.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Need serious help please [message #31338 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't worry about not being able to help me, you're all being very helpful. n_n As for windows updates, I got an update just last night? I always let those updates install. But, I'll try. How do I get it to start? I always just wait for the update thing to pop up on my task bar..

Edit: Ah, thanks very much oldboy. Downloading now. Guess that just leaves the VGA driver.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 October 2007 15:45]

Re: Need serious help please [message #31339 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I linked my words to the windows update site

windows update here, click here!!!. I love the url tags, makes the post much cleaner.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Need serious help please [message #31340 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, sorry bout that. I'm a bit of an airhead. XD
Re: Need serious help please [message #31342 is a reply to message #31340] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Talk about a fast moving thread! lol
Re: Need serious help please [message #31344 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm installing the 3.0 framework right now, but I seem to be having problems finding the VGA drivers. I searched google under 'Standard VGA drivers' and 'VGA drivers.' None gave me what I think I needed..o.< Heh, I really do suck with computers. XD Anyways, I'll also try that resolution thing mentioned earlier. I know I have it set to 1024 or..something like that. But I'll put it down to 800x600 once the framework is done installing. Who knows, the drivers might not even be needed?
Re: Need serious help please [message #31348 is a reply to message #31344] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SinisterSpade wrote on Wed, 10 October 2007 17:51

Who knows, the drivers might not even be needed?

Even if that's the case, FE still needs .Net Framework, and I'm sure you came here to learn SOMETHING about modding!
Re: Need serious help please [message #31351 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know, I know. And I'm installing the framework right now. XD And actually, I mostly came here to mooch off your guys mods.

Kidding, kidding. I did come here to learn.

Edit: Shit, okay guys..I need alot more help. When I finished installing, I had to restart, and after the restart..yikes. My resolution had been screwed up, so I had to fix that. And a message popped up saying ATI couldn't detect any drivers so it was gonna close down. So here I am. When scrolling down on webpages, it's look I'm flipping through one of those books, where the pictures start moving? It's very funky moving. Same for when moving around open folders like my documents. I really, really need help with this VGA thing so I can install these new drivers, or I'm screwed. Now, to tell you exactly what the message says when trying to install. 'Try and setup your display adapter with VGA drivers before installing this one.' So..please, help. ;_; Not playing fable I can deal with, but this?

[Updated on: Wed, 10 October 2007 16:07]

Re: Need serious help please [message #31359 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not even picking up my video card anymore. dxdiag says

The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.
Help. ;_;
Re: Need serious help please [message #31360 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is your graphic card? I'll look for the driver.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Need serious help please [message #31361 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It doesn't list my card in the dxdiag anymore, but I think it was Radeon 9200-9250. And I have the drivers for it, it just wont install because I don't have the VGA ones.
Re: Need serious help please [message #31362 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to hardware manager and look under display adapters, it should tell you what your graphic card is.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Need serious help please [message #31363 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't find hardware manager. And I just checked dxdiag again, and it says I'm using VGA drivers. What the hell is going on? o.<
Re: Need serious help please [message #31364 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right click on "My Computer", click properties and go to the Hardware tab. The first button on the thing should open devise manager (it has it labeled on the button).

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Need serious help please [message #31365 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Radeon 9200.
Re: Need serious help please [message #31366 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it's not a problem with resolution, it can support up to 2048x1536! I'll keep looking for the driver so hold on.

It seems that your graphic card is only compatible with XP pro, so if you have Vista or Media Center then it might be a compatibility problem. XP pro If you have an older version heres the wizard to select witch one you need. http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Assistant for Conquest

[Updated on: Wed, 10 October 2007 16:34]

Re: Need serious help please [message #31367 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, those are the drivers I was trying before. @.@ They just don't wanna work. But, I did manage to fix the scrolling problem thanks to you. On that device manager thing, it had a red x over the monitor beside the name of the video card, so I right clicked it..and one of the options was enable, so I clicked that and now that problem is gone. It works just like it did before installing the new framework. So at the point I opened fable, turned the resolution down..and it still wouldn't work. So it is either my drivers or the video card itself. And the new drivers wont install unless I figure out this VGA thing, soooo..I'm basically screwed huh?
Re: Need serious help please [message #31369 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for the double post, but I do believe your update just helped me. I've been trying that pro one, but I remember when I got my system the guy said something about it being a 64 bit one. Maybe on that wizard I should try the 64 bit edition option?

Edit: Nvm, my video card isn't even listed there. XD So the pro ones should be working, but they don't wanna..

[Updated on: Wed, 10 October 2007 16:37]

Re: Need serious help please [message #31370 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I was physically there I could possibly figure it out, unfortunately I'm not there so I'm sorry I can't any further (unless you are willing to get into a direct connection and let me see what's on your monitor and see what's going on).

Edit

Go back to the properties of my computer and tell me what's on the general tab, it should tell you what version you have.

Assistant for Conquest

[Updated on: Wed, 10 October 2007 16:38]

Re: Need serious help please [message #31371 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm willing to do anything at this point, and any further help would be much appreciate. Hell, all the help all you guys have given thus far is very much appreciated. But, you'd have to tell me how to go into a direct connection with you.
Re: Need serious help please [message #31372 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I'll PM you a program that'll let me see what you see on your monitor (never used it so bare with me).

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Need serious help please [message #31373 is a reply to message #31302] Wed, 10 October 2007 16:40 Go to previous message
Home edition version 2002 service pack 2. And I think what the guy meant was the processor was 64 bit. I can't really remember.
Previous Topic: ...read people please...
Next Topic: Wow, what a forum!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:14:21 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01133 seconds