Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions*
B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31465] Thu, 11 October 2007 10:04 Go to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Just wanted to announce that the beta is in the tools section.

What it Does

Features

Planned Future Updates

THIS THREAD CAN BE MESSY, JUST NO SPAM PLEASE. I want feedback, and lots of it. please.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Mon, 21 January 2008 20:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31505 is a reply to message #31465] Thu, 11 October 2007 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicdude is currently offline  Nicdude
Dude. You are a genius.

I'm awesome,not conceited.But you can call me Kris
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31516 is a reply to message #31465] Thu, 11 October 2007 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Loby-man is currently offline  Loby-man
lol yeah Shocked Laughing
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31519 is a reply to message #31465] Thu, 11 October 2007 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

thanks you Very Happy

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31566 is a reply to message #31519] Thu, 11 October 2007 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HodgePodge is currently offline  HodgePodge
B-Morph? There are thousands of awesome names for this app, and you choose B-Morph? I was thinking something more along the lines of "Boner"

Seriously though, nice work. So is this a program for editing Bones(as in the kind of bones you load in 3ds) or is this simply editing the Bones folder text data?

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/HawjPawj/PONG.gif
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31567 is a reply to message #31566] Thu, 11 October 2007 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicdude is currently offline  Nicdude
HAHAHA. thats hilarious.

I'm awesome,not conceited.But you can call me Kris
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31568 is a reply to message #31465] Thu, 11 October 2007 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Laughing lol, no, just the text files, but eventually it would be cool if I could make a blender importer/exporter that works for fable

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31576 is a reply to message #31465] Thu, 11 October 2007 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Don't hard code that. I'll check if I can add all the player's bones to the file. Currently they only use a few.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31577 is a reply to message #31465] Thu, 11 October 2007 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I already know what you can/cant do with them, if you add something that doesn't exist on the mesh it ignores it.

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31578 is a reply to message #31577] Thu, 11 October 2007 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
morerunes wrote on Thu, 11 October 2007 22:29

I already know what you can/cant do with them, if you add something that doesn't exist on the mesh it ignores it.

I assumed that much. But did you add the bones that aren't already currently listed? Actually, Nevermind. Only 2 bones aren't listed in the Hero's skeleton morphs.

WEAPON_SCABBARD_01
WEAPON_SCABBARD_02

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31579 is a reply to message #31465] Thu, 11 October 2007 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

what do those do?

and could somebody tell me if this has everything (besides those two)

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31580 is a reply to message #31579] Thu, 11 October 2007 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
morerunes wrote on Thu, 11 October 2007 22:39

what do those do?

and could somebody tell me if this has everything (besides those two)

Their the scabbard for sheathing light and heavy weapons.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31581 is a reply to message #31465] Thu, 11 October 2007 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

thanks

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31620 is a reply to message #31465] Fri, 12 October 2007 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

*updated preview and first post*

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31623 is a reply to message #31620] Fri, 12 October 2007 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Possibly adding a preview window so that you don't make your hero look like a 30 foot tall giraffe?

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31624 is a reply to message #31465] Fri, 12 October 2007 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

read the planned features Razz

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #31992 is a reply to message #31465] Mon, 15 October 2007 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

*UPDATED PREVIEW WITH NEW UI*

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #32035 is a reply to message #31992] Tue, 16 October 2007 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who's Aberrant?

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #32036 is a reply to message #31465] Tue, 16 October 2007 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

he prefers to be anonymous Wink I can tell you that he is helping me significantly.

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #32054 is a reply to message #31465] Tue, 16 October 2007 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
I know the preview isn't the final version but, you aren't going to have that much empty space in the GUI are you?

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #34697 is a reply to message #31465] Fri, 30 November 2007 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

sorry for the delayed reply, I didn't realize you posted that Laughing

No, there won't be that much empty space, I made it a lot smaller after that screenshot.

Just so everybody knows, I'm working on this again, I had been caught up in other things for a while Very Happy

Also, I am used Kerbii (and Quidd)'s bones file to get all of the bones for this program, so thank you Kerbii, it helped a lot Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 30 November 2007 09:52]

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36032 is a reply to message #31465] Wed, 26 December 2007 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 03 May 2008 22:44]

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36077 is a reply to message #36032] Thu, 27 December 2007 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I've always wanted an easy way to play with the bones. Very Happy
I can't wait until there is a preview window, that would make it really good.
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36078 is a reply to message #31465] Thu, 27 December 2007 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

yeah, I've been toying with that, I think the best way to do that would be to turn the hero's mesh into a kind of model with better support, such as obj, but I'm not going to try anything until I release the first version.

to sum it up, ver. 1 won't have one most likely, but a later version might, it all depends on how much support java has for this kind of a thing.

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36316 is a reply to message #31465] Tue, 01 January 2008 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy_Avenger is currently offline  Holy_Avenger
Where Can I download B-Morph?

I'm right here............
Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36318 is a reply to message #31465] Tue, 01 January 2008 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

umm, it's not finished yet, it doesn't write files yet

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36319 is a reply to message #31465] Tue, 01 January 2008 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
Man, that is a bad double post, not only is it a double post, but it's saying the same thing worded differently! Two seconds between also...bad boy, bad boy.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36327 is a reply to message #36319] Tue, 01 January 2008 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s wrote on Tue, 01 January 2008 21:09

Man, that is a bad double post, not only is it a double post, but it's saying the same thing worded differently! Two seconds between also...bad boy, bad boy.

Well, two minutes, actually. My ISP got wrong. Well, Morerunes, so you create Berserk change with that Program, right? Do you ever try to edit the bones w/o that program? And how come you understand that?

Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36347 is a reply to message #31465] Wed, 02 January 2008 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

1. yeah you can, or just change how big he gets from being strong, or any bones files. (p.s. you could make whisper really short haha)

2. Yes, that's how I made all of my berserk mods, like I said, the program isn't finished.

3. Understand what? How to write the program om how the bones files work?

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36453 is a reply to message #31465] Fri, 04 January 2008 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Third answer, I mean you understand the number in .bncfg files, like you creating some label in def.xml, like that. How do you?

Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36457 is a reply to message #31465] Fri, 04 January 2008 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

umm, just out of trial and error I guess, I'm pretty sure the number is a scale. When I saw how it was layed out it didn't take me long to figure out it was scaling x, y, and z. 1 = no change, 2 = twice as big, 3 = three times as big, -5 = crazy inverted huge

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36817 is a reply to message #31465] Mon, 14 January 2008 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Morerunes, I know it'll be hard, and I don't even know how to manage it but I have a sugestion for this program, though a bit extreme.

How about you make a bone morphing preview window, included a HERO MESH and the bone attached to it, like a drag drop feature.

It'll make many of us who don't know to edit the bone config become much easier

Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36818 is a reply to message #31465] Mon, 14 January 2008 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
There are Direct3D wrappers for Java that will allow you to use the Hero_Mesh for preview purposes.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36829 is a reply to message #31465] Mon, 14 January 2008 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

You won't be able to edit the hero's mesh, you'll only be able to scale different parts to different sizes. If it would be easier, I can make a begginer mode later where you can just click a + or - for bigger or smaller, but I don't think it'll take long for people to figure out how the numbers affect the hero, especially with an automatic updating preview window.

I have also been pondering with the idea of a wizard, that would automatically generate bones depending on what you want. You could go through the wizard, and it would ask you if you wanted to be big, huge, medium, bulky, dwarvish, scrawny, tiny, etc. Then you could do some customization before exporting. Do you think this is a good idea?

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36860 is a reply to message #36829] Mon, 14 January 2008 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
morerunes wrote on Mon, 14 January 2008 11:32

You won't be able to edit the hero's mesh, you'll only be able to scale different parts to different sizes. If it would be easier, I can make a begginer mode later where you can just click a + or - for bigger or smaller, but I don't think it'll take long for people to figure out how the numbers affect the hero, especially with an automatic updating preview window.

I have also been pondering with the idea of a wizard, that would automatically generate bones depending on what you want. You could go through the wizard, and it would ask you if you wanted to be big, huge, medium, bulky, dwarvish, scrawny, tiny, etc. Then you could do some customization before exporting. Do you think this is a good idea?

I wouldn't worry about a wizard. The different bone configs provide plenty of examples of what you just mentioned. I'd suggest being able to save out as a new file. That way they can just make the change within the game.bin if they want. Instead of overwriting retail files.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36868 is a reply to message #36860] Tue, 15 January 2008 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

you'd need to edit names.bin

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36876 is a reply to message #31465] Tue, 15 January 2008 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Names.bin will automatically update if you play the game, actually, because you can't open names.bin with FE right.

About the 3D preview, is it possible to preview how the body will morph as the bone morphing if use use the 3D Wrapper?

Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36882 is a reply to message #36876] Tue, 15 January 2008 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
FE isn't involved, so he would need some kind of mechanism that would add to the names.bin if he were to go that route.
I think that's a pretty good idea, file specs for it are in the wiki if it's needed.
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36885 is a reply to message #31465] Tue, 15 January 2008 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Holy_Avenger said on Tue, 15 January 2008 09:12

Names.bin will automatically update if you play the game, actually, because you can't open names.bin with FE right.

About the 3D preview, is it possible to preview how the body will morph as the bone morphing if use use the 3D Wrapper?

names.bin contains all the current bones files paths, so you'd have to add one.

That's what the 3d preview does Razz

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36892 is a reply to message #36885] Tue, 15 January 2008 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

Administrator
morerunes wrote on Tue, 15 January 2008 12:13

names.bin contains all the current bones files paths, so you'd have to add one.

Forgot that part. It's been awhile since I've even glanced at Fable. Smile

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Previous Topic: Serious Help Needed
Next Topic: Cbox System.IO.IOException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:51:46 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01711 seconds