Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Final Skull Mask
Final Skull Mask [message #32162] Thu, 18 October 2007 00:56 Go to next message
Desarial is currently offline  Desarial

I'm almost done, I just need to know what parts have to be put into the fmp, and if it's not working, as in not showing up in my inventory, what is missing.

otherwisew, texture, model, entries, all of it is done, I just need to know if I left anything out.

Edit: It works for the most part now, some texture display issues, it comes and goes on my comp, might be different on yours. downlaod if you want to try to get it to work, I uplaoded the revized fmp and a pic.Spawn as OBJECT_HERO_SKULL_MASK

index.php?t=getfile&id=4706&private=0

Current Projects:
Amber Archons(pending on requester)
Blind Eye(for combanation with scars over the eye)
A complete Sharigan Eye mod(will,normal,evil,blind)(becuase will just isn't enough)

[Updated on: Thu, 18 October 2007 15:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32169 is a reply to message #32162] Thu, 18 October 2007 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
Everything you changed, witch would normally be (in this case), model, texture, name text, description text, main object entry, CInventoryDef, CAppearanceModifierDef, and CStockItemDef (optionally, you could barrow it from something else, all it does is control the price).

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32171 is a reply to message #32169] Thu, 18 October 2007 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I got all that, tried to spawn it in a chest, it crashed fable, I know it's not cause of the alpha, cause I've got that at zero, but, I have 2 textures, one for the colore, one for the bump, is there something speacial that should be done with the bump? if not, what in the hell could it be...

Current Projects:
A complete Sharigan Eye mod(will,normal,evil,blind)(becuase will just isn't enough)
Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32174 is a reply to message #32162] Thu, 18 October 2007 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should make sure all the entrys are linked to each other properly.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32184 is a reply to message #32162] Thu, 18 October 2007 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

did that too, that's what I did when I couldn't spawn it, all the entries are linked right, and named correctly.

the problem was with some details for the mesh material, I have it working... mostly, what I'm getting now is the mesh, but not the texture, it's all black and multicolored. like the pick below

Edit: displayed image removed, it was annoying me.

Current Projects:

[Updated on: Thu, 18 October 2007 21:15]

Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32203 is a reply to message #32184] Thu, 18 October 2007 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEOCHIKEN is currently offline  NEOCHIKEN
that is easily fixed in fable explorer double click on textures and open the texture for the mask then save it as a bmp and then go open new and reload it then it will appear normal BUT you have to change the alpha back to zero or your game WILL crash

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2309/cloudstrifesigle5.png
Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32207 is a reply to message #32162] Thu, 18 October 2007 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That tends to happen on retextures, I recomend you make all retextures .BIG format, if you don't know how to go here. If you have more to a mod then a retexture, like bin entrys, they cannon be but into a single BIG (one big per big), so perhaps you'll need to make an FMP and the big come together. However, the wisest option is to make a whole new texture, and use that instead of retextureing.

Assistant for Conquest

[Updated on: Thu, 18 October 2007 13:46]

Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32222 is a reply to message #32207] Thu, 18 October 2007 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I kind of made a whole new texture, I created new entries but then to be able to put the data in I had to import the header and data from another texture entry. if there's a way to creat a new entry and make it so you can uplaod the textures and everything without copying the data of other textures, let me now, cause that might solve the problem. actually, I'm pretty sure it will.

Edit: I figured I'd put up a little taste of what I can get. see top post for details.

Current Projects:

[Updated on: Thu, 18 October 2007 15:40]

Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32273 is a reply to message #32222] Thu, 18 October 2007 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

nice job on getting the custom bumpmapping working, ive always had problems with that

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32276 is a reply to message #32273] Thu, 18 October 2007 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really? throw any texture at me, i'll whip you up a bump map an apply it.

Current Projects:
Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32279 is a reply to message #32276] Thu, 18 October 2007 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i mean ive never been abe to get fable explorer to apply it, i stick it int he right place and all and it just doesnt :/

if you want to see what i mean download my nerveshatter mod, it has an included bumpmap that i just couldn't make work.

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32281 is a reply to message #32162] Thu, 18 October 2007 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I've got it, I'll take a look

Current Projects:
Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32282 is a reply to message #32281] Thu, 18 October 2007 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

why thank you, pm me with any developments

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32377 is a reply to message #32282] Fri, 19 October 2007 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEOCHIKEN is currently offline  NEOCHIKEN
wow that is freakin awesome keep up the good work!

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2309/cloudstrifesigle5.png
Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32383 is a reply to message #32162] Fri, 19 October 2007 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

thank you, I try, but really if you look hard you can find my base in the fables textures.

Current Projects:
Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32384 is a reply to message #32383] Fri, 19 October 2007 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grog_McGee is currently offline  Grog_McGee

Is that seriously a a bump map? The light difference from pic 1 to pic 2 make it look like it's displacement mapping ... which would boggle my mind ... or is there something else going on?

p.s. Nice job it looks awesome - though I think it might be too bumped, still awesome though.

My Random Fable Related Stufs
Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Fri, 19 October 2007 22:18]

Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32385 is a reply to message #32384] Fri, 19 October 2007 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yeah it's a bump map, I made two, oner that was really intence, and one that was kinda slight, I liked the minore detail in the slight one, and the majore detail in the harsh one, so I merged them.

the first pic is in the shade, no light to activate the map, the second is in drect light, kinda throws an extrme contrast.

Current Projects:
Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32390 is a reply to message #32385] Fri, 19 October 2007 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Desarial wrote on Sat, 20 October 2007 01:27

yeah it's a bump map, I made two, oner that was really intence, and one that was kinda slight, I liked the minore detail in the slight one, and the majore detail in the harsh one, so I merged them.

the first pic is in the shade, no light to activate the map, the second is in drect light, kinda throws an extrme contrast.

Seriously - makes the bump look like displacement. (It'll be an awesome day in virtual land when we can have displacement in real time *drools*).

Do you have a pic of the merged?

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Fri, 19 October 2007 22:59]

Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32391 is a reply to message #32390] Fri, 19 October 2007 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

you mean the map it's self? or it applied to the mask? cause that's it right there one the mask, just in case though, here it is by it's self, and the other two,

in desendingg order
first image-slight
second image-intence
third image-merged

index.php?t=getfile&id=4726&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=4727&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=4728&private=0

Current Projects:

[Updated on: Fri, 19 October 2007 23:38]

Re: Final Skull Mask [message #32461 is a reply to message #32391] Sat, 20 October 2007 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I see now - again nice work. I had thought the image on the right was the extreme.

Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)
Re: Final Skull Mask [message #63089 is a reply to message #32162] Sun, 29 May 2011 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matticus is currently offline  Matticus
Is there a way I can get this to replace the JOB mask, instead of spawning it?
Re: Final Skull Mask [message #63090 is a reply to message #63089] Sun, 29 May 2011 15:46 Go to previous message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Yes, there is. Simply go into the object entry of both items, find the graphic def, and swap IDs. One of the most simple pieces of modding in the world. Also, the following will be put in big red letters so you don't ignore it. Check the date of the thread's last post before you post in it. That was a four year necropost you made matticus.[/brainpain]

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Previous Topic: Fable:The Grasp of Death
Next Topic: SteamPunk Mask(WIP)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:57:29 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01336 seconds