Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » I'm not really sure but....
I'm not really sure but.... [message #32342] Fri, 19 October 2007 14:27 Go to next message
Desarial is currently offline  Desarial

well I have an idea, I like horns, horns are cool and evil, but, I want Alot of horns, so I got the idea of editing the mesh and texture(etc.) so that it's a crown of horns, but I'd also need to edit the hair. I'm working on getting 3ds max so I can do it, but I need a but of help, I'm a COMPLETE newb with modeling, cananyone point me toward a coupl tutorials, good ones, cause the ones on the site ar basic, but not basic enough. I'll put up some concept art of the horns later.

Edit: and I may need help if anyone is interested

Current Projects:
Amber Archons(pending on requester)
Blind Eye(for combanation with scars over the eye)
A complete Sharigan Eye mod(will,normal,evil,blind)(becuase will just isn't enough)

[Updated on: Fri, 19 October 2007 14:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I'm not really sure but.... [message #32343 is a reply to message #32342] Fri, 19 October 2007 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Desarial wrote on Fri, 19 October 2007 16:27

well I have an idea, I like horns, horns are cool and evil, but, I want Alot of horns, so I got the idea of editing the mesh and texture(etc.) so that it's a crown of horns, but I'd also need to edit the hair. I'm working on getting 3ds max so I can do it, but I need a but of help, I'm a COMPLETE newb with modeling, cananyone point me toward a coupl tutorials, good ones, cause the ones on the site ar basic, but not basic enough. I'll put up some concept art of the horns later.

I don't think we can make hair, but I'm not sure, so don't take my word for it.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: I'm not really sure but.... [message #32345 is a reply to message #32343] Fri, 19 October 2007 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grog_McGee is currently offline  Grog_McGee

Alright, 3d work isn't particularly simple. It takes practice. As for tutorials ... well CGSociety is an excellent resource (note that asking questions there will get you answers; however, since it's primarily frequented by people who actually do that work for a living it can be slow and will completely ignore questions that are badly written).

Tutorials for 3d that start at the very very very basics are hard to find since most that do use this kind of software have been to or are in school for it (though there are many self taught), and to that end don't see much use in writing the basics out. The Max manual will likely have some tutorials in it so I'd look there. If you're really stuck I can send you a few pages from the Maya manual that will be translatable assuming you can find the tools (Maya and Max will not have the same menu layout).

The best advice I can give you though is jump-in and make stuff - anything. The very first thing I ever made was a balloon. Also 3d work is not simple nor is it particularly easy, it takes a lot of time to learn, patience is key.

My Random Fable Related Stufs
Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)
Re: I'm not really sure but.... [message #32346 is a reply to message #32342] Fri, 19 October 2007 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm going to school for that, I just haven't reached those classes yet, either way, I have a good head for learning, and i've worked with other endering programs of the "design" type, like CADD.

the hare will be easy, I just need to trim it back and add a couple of things, I've got that all figured out in my head, there's just certain things that are a tad, out of reach, for me.

Current Projects:
A complete Sharigan Eye mod(will,normal,evil,blind)(becuase will just isn't enough)
Re: I'm not really sure but.... [message #32347 is a reply to message #32346] Fri, 19 October 2007 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grog_McGee is currently offline  Grog_McGee

Ewwww CADD Razz

Okay, CGSociety all the way - they even have subforums on CAD. What is that you don't think you understand? And are you using AutoCAD? As far as I've found most 3d programs are remarkably similar in layout and method of functioning... except for blender which is full of crazy.

My Random Fable Related Stufs
Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Fri, 19 October 2007 15:01]

Re: I'm not really sure but.... [message #32366 is a reply to message #32343] Fri, 19 October 2007 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
morerunes wrote on Fri, 19 October 2007 17:32

Desarial wrote on Fri, 19 October 2007 16:27

I don't think we can make hair, but I'm not sure, so don't take my word for it.

We can but we can't make it dynamic, and since he wants to make horns it wont be a problem (unless you want dynamic horns, anything that's not flat it'll look weird).

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: I'm not really sure but.... [message #32381 is a reply to message #32366] Fri, 19 October 2007 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The work I want to do on the hair will be easy, mostly a cut and paste type of situation.

and the fact that you guys are helping me is cool, best help I've had so far

Current Projects:
Re: I'm not really sure but.... [message #32963 is a reply to message #32381] Fri, 26 October 2007 03:18 Go to previous message
xeylon is currently offline  xeylon
I adore this idea i would love to abuse the people of albion wearing a crown of horns... its a shame you can impale people on your horns though... damn video game designers let you toy with your evil side but they never let you imerse yourself in it, you can kill them but its fast, you cant really make them suffer and we needed a mod to kill children it should have been built in already. also whats with this omg you gotta be married to have sex, bull**** ,and when your evil and they all runaway why is there no rape expression, also it would be fun if just a few of the gaurds would scream or moan when you kill them. they are after all only humans and hardley warriors at least a few would have a low tolerance for pain.

and i like the decapitations but i wish it were more dynamic like blade of darkness was, you could chop their dead bodys on the ground and throw thier severed heads.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 October 2007 03:19]

Previous Topic: All Quests Finished????
Next Topic: Somewhat simple request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:13:17 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01052 seconds