Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Starting Up FE Problems
Starting Up FE Problems [message #32631] Mon, 22 October 2007 10:01 Go to next message
Moddex is currently offline  Moddex

I seem to be running into a problem when I first start up FE. Upon loading, it gets almost completely finished, bust stops loading everything and sort of freezes. I have to keep closing the program for whatever reason it's having a problem. My question is what could be wrong? I'm not receiving any kind of error messages explaining and nothing seems evident as to why FE wont start up.
Re: Starting Up FE Problems [message #32633 is a reply to message #32631] Mon, 22 October 2007 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

My apologies, I fixed my problem. I think it might have been that I had Fable on, minimized.
Re: Starting Up FE Problems [message #32634 is a reply to message #32631] Mon, 22 October 2007 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grog_McGee is currently offline  Grog_McGee

Error messages unfortunately appear behind the splash screen.

Do you have .Net Framework? You need to have version 2 or later.

Some problems can be solved by putting fable and FE in the same directory.

Also there are numerous threads on strange FE behavior - freezes etc. I don't know if any of the were ever solved but check some of them.

My Random Fable Related Stufs
Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)
Re: Starting Up FE Problems [message #32658 is a reply to message #32631] Mon, 22 October 2007 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I've got all the requirements to run it and everything, so that's no issue. But another strange thing is that this program consumes all my virtual memory to the point of a near fatal windows error. It can't be that large of a program, can it?
Re: Starting Up FE Problems [message #32661 is a reply to message #32631] Mon, 22 October 2007 14:36 Go to previous message
Satan

Administrator
It shouldn't cosume all your ram, although loading the bins and everything does take a bit of doing. It all depends on what specs you're running.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Previous Topic: the three sword's of aeons
Next Topic: plz help!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 20:57:08 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01089 seconds