Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » just an idea
just an idea [message #32860] Wed, 24 October 2007 08:27 Go to next message
-shakie is currently offline  -shakie
this is just an idea I'm farily new to modding fable, but i've made mmorpg's before i've read about the exe. cracking and such..but would it be possible to just remake the entire game? such as use all the textures maps weapons and such with a completly different game engine? there fore bypassing the whole exe. thing and possibly enableing "albion online"(my idea)
Re: just an idea [message #32861 is a reply to message #32860] Wed, 24 October 2007 08:50 Go to previous message
Grog_McGee is currently offline  Grog_McGee

That kind of thing takes massive amounts of coding knowledge and even more time. If you're interested in helping crack the exe pop on over to Fable Multiplayer and perhaps the IRC channel. As general statement on rebuilding the game from effectively scratch; while possible not really practical, since to do that you'd basically be making a whole new game. Seriously, fable multiplayer is something that while it might be neat requires so much work and so much time that it's not likely to ever happen, especially considering that much of the desire in cracking the exe is geared more towards quests and other things that we can't currently do from mere def editing.

If you have coding knowledge and want to make a new exe and game engine - get cracking. There are knowledgeable people here that likely might help if you could show some progress on such a project.

My Random Fable Related Stufs
Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Wed, 24 October 2007 08:53]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: I'm thinking about making Wolf armour.
Next Topic: Sorry ima new... Fmp?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:34:47 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01648 seconds