Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » new to pc gaming, how do i use FE on windows vista?
new to pc gaming, how do i use FE on windows vista? [message #33424] Sun, 04 November 2007 19:41 Go to next message
jlasersmith is currently offline  jlasersmith
i tried using the search but came up with no solid answer. can anyone tell me how to use fable explorer on windows vista? i have also tried using fable tlc shopkeeper trainer with no luck.
thanks for amy help.
Re: new to pc gaming, how do i use FE on windows vista? [message #33425 is a reply to message #33424] Sun, 04 November 2007 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
You use it exactly the same was as everyone on xp does.

You may get a UAC warning and may possibly have to set the app to xp service pack 2 compatibility but the program will function just the same.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: new to pc gaming, how do i use FE on windows vista? [message #33426 is a reply to message #33424] Sun, 04 November 2007 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
Is it me, or is almost every problem that happens on a Vista pointed directly at Vista itself? Just something I noticed.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: new to pc gaming, how do i use FE on windows vista? [message #33427 is a reply to message #33424] Mon, 05 November 2007 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Sean_s wrote on Mon, 05 November 2007 04:29

Is it me, or is almost every problem that happens on a Vista pointed directly at Vista itself? Just something I noticed.

It is and more often than not it's completly unfounded. The majority of cases are down to the user being unfamiliar with the OS.

But what we put there.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 November 2007 02:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: new to pc gaming, how do i use FE on windows vista? [message #33438 is a reply to message #33424] Mon, 05 November 2007 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't say Vista was always the root the all problems, just the first thing to be pointed at for a suspect (Guy-"This program doesn't work, Vista! How could you?" Vista-"What are you talking about? One of the DLL files for the program is missing!" Guy-"Oh, that could be it to...").

Assistant for Conquest

[Updated on: Mon, 05 November 2007 06:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: new to pc gaming, how do i use FE on windows vista? [message #33441 is a reply to message #33424] Mon, 05 November 2007 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
What I meant was that you are right in saying that almost every problem someone has with something they run on Vista is preceived by them as something wrong with Vista itself when this is not always the case.

But what we put there.
Re: new to pc gaming, how do i use FE on windows vista? [message #33442 is a reply to message #33425] Mon, 05 November 2007 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan wrote on Sun, 04 November 2007 23:12

You use it exactly the same was as everyone on xp does.

You may get a UAC warning and may possibly have to set the app to xp service pack 2 compatibility but the program will function just the same.

how do i do this?
Re: new to pc gaming, how do i use FE on windows vista? [message #33443 is a reply to message #33442] Mon, 05 November 2007 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry, i changed it and it still will not let me use fe. it will load the fmp just fine. the problem is when i go to use save and run fable i get an error message.

" unhandled error has occured in your application. if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. if you click quit, the application will close immediately.

access to path 'c:\program files\microsoft games\fable-the lost chapters\data\graphics\graphics.big' is denied."

anyone know why this happens? i have tried disabling uac and macafee and it still gives me this error.
Re: new to pc gaming, how do i use FE on windows vista? [message #33448 is a reply to message #33424] Mon, 05 November 2007 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make sure nothing else is using it, Fable is an example, or multiable copys of FE open.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: new to pc gaming, how do i use FE on windows vista? [message #33465 is a reply to message #33424] Mon, 05 November 2007 16:51 Go to previous message
i figured it out. i had to change the rights for the program, so vista would allow the program to rewrite parts of fable. thanks anyways for your help guys.

Previous Topic: does anny1 know how to eddit armor and change its color
Next Topic: Save File Transfer (?)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:38:30 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01119 seconds