Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » newbie, female armour & 3d meshes...
icon10.gif  newbie, female armour & 3d meshes... [message #35298] Sat, 15 December 2007 05:54 Go to next message
Aradia is currently offline  Aradia

Hi everyone Very Happy

i'm kinda new to modding (ie started two days ago) and have been fiddling with FE using some of the excellent tutorials and advice i've seen from some of you posted in various threads... and I was wondering if i could bug you all for some advice...

ok... i changed things so that you start the game as young theresa and then mature into the female dominatrix character from the bordello.. (let's say she had a troubled childhood Razz ), replaced sound effects with theresa's (thanks to whoever did the 'play as theresa mod') but of course when i stick armour on her, her breasts and butt poke through Confused
This happens with any female character. so now the questions... Very Happy

1) I don't want to change their bones or anything, I was wondering if anyone has any armour they've changed/made that fits female meshes properly..? I have a few 3d progs but the only one that opens stuff like that seems to be gamespace light and I'm having trouble figuring out how to use it... i don't have 3ds max Sad

2) has anyone created any other female meshes by kinda gluing together things like the torso bits, choosing a head, legs, etc and making a whole new mesh?

anyway, that's all for now! Sorry for such a long intro thread!

Cheers! Smile

There's nothing to fear but fear itself... and the guy in a hockey mask holding a chainsaw...
Re: newbie, female armour & 3d meshes... [message #35310 is a reply to message #35298] Sat, 15 December 2007 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I've been considering doing this as a "play as female character" mod, but unfortunately I can't get many of my 3d models to work in fable for some reason, I'm sure I'll figure it out soon, but until then you'll be stuck with getting rid of the butt and bust if you want armor. (ps, I made the play as theresa mod Very Happy )

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: newbie, female armour & 3d meshes... [message #35339 is a reply to message #35298] Sat, 15 December 2007 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

aahh well thanks muchly for the theresa thing Very Happy , wouldn't do to have my fem characters sound too.. er... gruff...

i got bored with the dominatrix so spent my afternoon/evening fiddling some more and finally came up with a character i'm settled on... and until i can get 3ds max and tinker with meshes it's probs the best i can do! Confused

index.php?t=getfile&id=5128&private=0

There's nothing to fear but fear itself... and the guy in a hockey mask holding a chainsaw...
Re: newbie, female armour & 3d meshes... [message #35340 is a reply to message #35298] Sat, 15 December 2007 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

no problem Very Happy

Re: newbie, female armour & 3d meshes... [message #35348 is a reply to message #35340] Sat, 15 December 2007 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

hrm i should really make that sword smaller when i re-release it later on with some other stuff, i'm really starting to notice how huge it is...

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
icon10.gif  Re: newbie, female armour & 3d meshes... [message #35405 is a reply to message #35298] Sun, 16 December 2007 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

aww but i like big scary swords... Very Happy

anyway.. morerunes... may I poke you for some more advice...?

ok so i pieced together a mesh from bits n bobs i like in blender...

index.php?t=getfile&id=5142&private=0

soooo... now what.. ? (sorry i'm a noob don't skin me) Embarassed

do i beg someone with 3ds max to make it importable to FE now ? will it keep the textures from the game or do i have to add some in blender..

sorry all modding (especially the 3d model side) is totally new to me and I am fumbling Confused

all this advice is much appreciated Very Happy

Re: newbie, female armour & 3d meshes... [message #35406 is a reply to message #35298] Sun, 16 December 2007 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

well, you could attempt to make a texture in Blender, though I'm not sure 3DS will hold the UV Coordinates, so I'll test that very soon and get back to you with an answer. Until then assume the begging part Wink

you may want to have completely new armor designs for the girl, because the armor will stretch around the bust, so you'll want to build armor that fits over her bust as to not stretch the texture. Technically you could make all the normal armor work just by adding the correct bones to the mesh, but then again, it requires you asking somebody with 3DS Max who can do these things.

edit: looks good btw

[Updated on: Sun, 16 December 2007 07:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: newbie, female armour & 3d meshes... [message #35407 is a reply to message #35298] Sun, 16 December 2007 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks Very Happy

i thought about changing all the armour stuff, but without 3ds i'd imagine i'd end up having to get someone to do too much stuff for me, so i decided to settle for just an 'all in one' mesh where she already has what i want her to have (like th briar rose mesh or theresa). the breast and butt things are fine as i'm usinga normal female torso and legs combo, then i just nabbed the shoulder pads & gloves from the platinum armour Very Happy

right i think i'll go post a request thingy, fingers crossed Confused

Re: newbie, female armour & 3d meshes... [message #35409 is a reply to message #35298] Sun, 16 December 2007 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I recommend making the clothing separate, that way you can put it on the unclothed female model as clothing

The idea is to make the clothing, keeping the object center and the bottom center of the mesh, then delete the mesh of the girl and export it for somebody to make, and when they do that they will put the L_Breast and R_Breast bones on it, so it will fit the unclothed female, and you'll be able to change clothing in the game

Re: newbie, female armour & 3d meshes... [message #35411 is a reply to message #35298] Sun, 16 December 2007 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ok... done! Very Happy

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=5144 &

there's a link to the pic of it i posted in the requests section. fingers crossed now someone godlike and bored will dive in and help out Laughing

Re: newbie, female armour & 3d meshes... [message #35587 is a reply to message #35298] Tue, 18 December 2007 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

just tested it! you can UV map it in blender, in fact you can fully texture it in blender! Shocked

Re: newbie, female armour & 3d meshes... [message #35588 is a reply to message #35298] Tue, 18 December 2007 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

UV map... ?? er...?

sorry, don't know what that is.. Embarassed

Re: newbie, female armour & 3d meshes... [message #35589 is a reply to message #35298] Tue, 18 December 2007 15:05 Go to previous message

Administrator

that's how you texture Wink

look here

Previous Topic: ??? fable explorer is being "homosexual in intent", need halp
Next Topic: here they come
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 00:05:53 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01078 seconds