Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Naming items
Naming items [message #35961] Tue, 25 December 2007 21:10 Go to next message
pchefkent is currently offline  pchefkent
Hi,

I am new to the site and the game though I have been moding some other games for almost a year. I have successfully used Fable explorer to alter, install and make new items(using existing models an I am graphically challenged). But for the life of me, I cannot change the name of the item that I copied to make my new item, it is still named by the original in game tags. How can I do this? I hope that someone can help. Thanks
Re: Naming items [message #35962 is a reply to message #35961] Tue, 25 December 2007 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

go to the item, click on the link under CInventoryItemDef and find the text entries

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Naming items [message #35964 is a reply to message #35962] Tue, 25 December 2007 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks will try when I get home tonight.
Re: Naming items [message #35967 is a reply to message #35964] Wed, 26 December 2007 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I just opened a whole new can of worms with the renaming bit, I think I have to make new CInventoryItemDefs and new text entries so that I wont re-label all the items that share the same refs. Also can anyone show me how to make new text entries? Is it like making new Defs. I cant seem to find a text category in the Fable Explorer main menu. Thanks in advance.
Re: Naming items [message #35973 is a reply to message #35961] Wed, 26 December 2007 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

text.big

just open text.big and right click the part that says TEXT_ENGLISH_MAIN or if you have a different language then it would be that, and click new entry. Then open any entry besides the one you just made and click export under the entry data, then import it into your new enty. It'll give you an error, just click ok and import the entry data and click apply changes and re-open it. Sounds like a lot but it's real easy

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Naming items [message #35974 is a reply to message #35973] Wed, 26 December 2007 07:26 Go to previous message
Thanks again. Will give another go tomorrow.
Previous Topic: help
Next Topic: Hows This?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:19:14 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01156 seconds