Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Autosave Crash
Autosave Crash [message #36503] Sat, 05 January 2008 21:19 Go to next message
Spooni Hobbit is currently offline  Spooni Hobbit
I hate to start off with yet another question, but I can't seem to find a way around it.

I had some mods loaded on me game via FE. For a while, they were working perfectly fine, but when I went to re-load my game from a hero save I had just made, it crashed while autosaving. Since then, I've tried loading Fable normally, and with FE, but no luck. It crashes during Autosave everytime. I reloaded several files from backup, including FinalAlbion, Graphics and Texture, and still nothing happened. I also found someone using search who had the exact same issue, but his solution didn't work for me.

Can I uninstall and reinstall Fable without losing my profiles/saves? Would that help?

Any help would be really appreciated.

ORE GA DARE TO OMOTE YARU?

[Updated on: Sun, 06 January 2008 01:24] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Autosave Crash [message #36512 is a reply to message #36503] Sun, 06 January 2008 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Make sure that you have all of the mods that you did then, now. Otherwise the game tries to get items that don't exist

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Autosave Crash [message #36575 is a reply to message #36512] Mon, 07 January 2008 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still have them, I tried reloading all of them as was. Yet the game still crashes during autosave when I try to open my save file that had some of the items equipped. Another save file of mine, however, seems to work perfectly fine.

I checked the items themselves, but there doesn't seem to be an issue with them. As far as I can tell, all the textures and meshes are there.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 January 2008 07:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Autosave Crash [message #36585 is a reply to message #36503] Tue, 08 January 2008 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

alright, well maybe something got corrupted while saving the first time Confused

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Autosave Crash [message #36589 is a reply to message #36503] Tue, 08 January 2008 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Autosave corruption is a known fault of the game, modded or otherwise.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Autosave Crash [message #36592 is a reply to message #36503] Tue, 08 January 2008 12:58 Go to previous message
Darn.

I guess I should of made another safety save sooner, or something. I didn't know it did that. My bad.

Thanks fer yer help, guys.

Previous Topic: issues with screenshots
Next Topic: Movies played fast. I need your opinion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:54:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01150 seconds