Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Help appreciated with textures and crashing
Help appreciated with textures and crashing [message #36526] Sun, 06 January 2008 22:10 Go to next message
Johnsenesque is currently offline  Johnsenesque
Hello, I've looked at these forums for a while and have learned a lot on how to mod Fable. I've tried to solve most of my problems myself, but I've tried a lot of things, and can't get this to work.

The problem is I'm trying to retexture a sword, more specifically the Obisdian Katana. I make the retexture using GIMP whilst keeping the .tga file as one layer. All I did was retexture it to become more used to adding textures and stuff. I added the texture using Fable Explorer keeping the Alpha to 0 and DXT1. Everything works fine, I can see the texture in Fable Explorer, but when I try to see it in game, it crashes as soon as I try to enter the place where I put it.

Sorry for the novice type question!
Re: Help appreciated with textures and crashing [message #36536 is a reply to message #36526] Mon, 07 January 2008 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

hmm... I just had this problem yesterday with something else.

Try making it DXT3 and alpha 1, even though there's no alpha

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Help appreciated with textures and crashing [message #36541 is a reply to message #36526] Mon, 07 January 2008 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hm. I think this may be a problem further than one texture. I was trying to add weapons from the Giant Weapon Pack, but it crashed exactly like the sword. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Sorry!
Re: Help appreciated with textures and crashing [message #36542 is a reply to message #36526] Mon, 07 January 2008 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

well, I tried my own advice, same problem...

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Mon, 07 January 2008 05:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help appreciated with textures and crashing [message #36543 is a reply to message #36526] Mon, 07 January 2008 05:07 Go to previous message
I'm having further problems. I can't seem to get any FMP's to work. I'm definitely missing something.

Sorry!
Previous Topic: Texture Modding Using FE Problem
Next Topic: Normal and Specular maps?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:51:13 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01162 seconds