Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Help: Guild Seal Deactivated
Help: Guild Seal Deactivated [message #36774] Sat, 12 January 2008 10:56 Go to next message
Flare-9 is currently offline  Flare-9
Hey I'm new here and I need some help. I'm playing the PC version of Fable, and I can't use the guild seal or culis gates anymore. The only mod I have right now is a weapon mod, and I haven't had any trouble with it anytime before.

The guild seal stopped working after I defeated Thunder for the Lady Grey quest, and when I went to Oakvale to get the necklace (forgot to get it before). I teleported to the Chapel of Skorm to sacrifice the good mercenary, then realized I couldn't use my guild seal anymore.

Does anyone know what happened? And is there a way to reactivate the Guild Seal and/or culis gates?

[Updated on: Sat, 12 January 2008 21:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help: Guild Seal Deactivated [message #36859 is a reply to message #36774] Mon, 14 January 2008 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

never seen this happen before sorry Confused

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Help: Guild Seal Deactivated [message #36880 is a reply to message #36774] Tue, 15 January 2008 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy_Avenger is currently offline  Holy_Avenger
I've been wandering at gamefaqs most of the time, and it's a game glitch. Nothing's perfect, and so this game, amny things is glitchy like the missing trader in Knothole Glade at your 3 or 4 th profile, or so.

I'm right here............
Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Re: Help: Guild Seal Deactivated [message #38601 is a reply to message #36774] Sun, 02 March 2008 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tymon is currently offline  Tymon
Steps to cause this glitch: If you more or less do the quests out simultaneously dealing with the investigate the mayor, and the Mayor's Proposal quests, it glitches and deactivates the guild seal. For example... if you give her the rose, get the necklace, then beat thunder, then go and get the letter and say you will cover it up, your guild seal is deactivated. If you want to cover up the murder and want to marry her and get both of the things done...do the investigation quest up to the point you get into the cellar, but do not take the letter down there. Instead, go back to bowerstone north, marry her normally, and go back to cellar and get the note then. She'll yell at you and you are forced to give her the note. I've noticed that covering up the murder before you are married to her seems to almost always lead to the seal being deactivated. Also, one thing you'll notice...when you get tossed into the cavern after you fight and beat thunder at the top of the hill, your guild seal does not work. presumably because if you warp out of there you'll never be able to finish the quest because until you beat him and open the demon door you can't get there normally. To my knowledge, there is no way to reactivate the guild seal I'm afraid.
Re: Help: Guild Seal Deactivated [message #38602 is a reply to message #38601] Sun, 02 March 2008 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silverback is currently offline  Silverback

Cow Tipper
Post your save and I'll fix it Very Happy
Re: Help: Guild Seal Deactivated [message #38605 is a reply to message #38602] Sun, 02 March 2008 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
Silverback wrote on Sun, 02 March 2008 20:24

Isn't that like against the rules or something?
Re: Help: Guild Seal Deactivated [message #38609 is a reply to message #38605] Sun, 02 March 2008 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
ShadowX630 wrote on Sun, 02 March 2008 20:38

Silverback wrote on Sun, 02 March 2008 20:24

Isn't that like against the rules or something?
Posting a save on request, like a completely finished game all hulked out supplied with all the weapons and items in the game is against the rules, because that's leaching material.

A broken save is hardly leachable.
Re: Help: Guild Seal Deactivated [message #56278 is a reply to message #36774] Fri, 26 February 2010 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xXDEATHXx is currently offline  xXDEATHXx
ok so i've got the same problem, how do you go about fixing it? is there a tutorial somewhere that i've missed or is this a complex problem?
Re: Help: Guild Seal Deactivated [message #56281 is a reply to message #56278] Fri, 26 February 2010 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
xXDEATHXx wrote on Fri, 26 February 2010 08:07

or is this a complex problem?
Bingo. We don't have any save editors, only save readers. And our save guru isn't here anymore to check it out for us. So you're SoL.
Re: Help: Guild Seal Deactivated [message #56283 is a reply to message #56281] Fri, 26 February 2010 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
ive got a simlar glitch many times before and i was able to fix it by actually doing someting rather...unconventional(it will sound foolish but it has honestly worked for me)...here it is.
1. open glitched save in game
2. run thru a zone gate
3. save game(world save)
4. use alt+tab to minimze game
5. click the taskbar thingy for the game
6. by this point mine is fixed

...btw my keybord is f***ed up so it doesnt regiter all the letters i am pessing so it may be hard to read...sory

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
icon9.gif  Re: Help: Guild Seal Deactivated [message #56285 is a reply to message #36774] Fri, 26 February 2010 21:14 Go to previous message
xXDEATHXx is currently offline  xXDEATHXx
"You make me sad, so be it."
thanks for the help. Nothing worked so i just started a new game.
Previous Topic: My own personal tutorial... (apparently)
Next Topic: Forum Attachments Unavailable?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:08:23 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01178 seconds