Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Getting Spells
Getting Spells [message #37164] Thu, 24 January 2008 17:06 Go to next message
siphrogynitrod is currently offline  siphrogynitrod
Is there any way that I can cause some spells to be learned as a child? Such as Devine Fury or Infernal Wrath???
Re: Getting Spells [message #37165 is a reply to message #37164] Thu, 24 January 2008 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chaos is currently offline  chaos
Spawn the experience pedestal in startoakvale.tng(or whatever it was) using this mod.

I'm not sure if that would work, but it's what I would try. Make sure to pick up the trainer to get unlimited experience and everything.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/korgoth-of-barbaria/chaos-1.jpg
Re: Getting Spells [message #37167 is a reply to message #37164] Thu, 24 January 2008 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do I create the stat thing? I can't seem to figure it out.
Re: Getting Spells [message #37168 is a reply to message #37167] Thu, 24 January 2008 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chaos is currently offline  chaos
What do you mean?

Did you click the word "this" in my last post. It was a link to a mod.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/korgoth-of-barbaria/chaos-1.jpg
Re: Getting Spells [message #37181 is a reply to message #37164] Fri, 25 January 2008 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I did. But I don't understand how to create the thing. It confuses me.
Re: Getting Spells [message #37182 is a reply to message #37181] Fri, 25 January 2008 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The concept goes as follows:
To get spells, you go to the experience pedestal.
To have an experience pedestal where ever you want/when ever you want, you put it there (the mod makes this all work out).

The steps go as follows:
What it requires is some scripting, manual editing of a tng file.
You grab a tng, startoakvale(something).tng or something or other, and place those bits of script in there.
You can find the needed scripts from inside three boxes looking like this one in the link chaos provided.

Place them all in the same spot.
What that script does is tell Fable that there is an object there, namely an experience pedestal... building. The problem is there is no experience pedestal building, yet. That's why you open FE and load up the fmp provided in BlueTooth's post that chaos provided a link to.
Save, run, play.

Answers to questions before they are asked:

About the wad file.
If you don't have tngs, it's because they need to be extracted from the wad file.
You'll need a program to do this for you.

Click here to get FreeRoam.

To use FreeRoam:
1. Download FreeRoam;
2. Extract FreeRoam (it'll be zip);
3. Open FreeRoam;
4. Click File|Open;
5. Select the wad file in the Fable directory\data\levels\;
6. Dump in the data folder (I'll say it again, in the DATA folder, it's that important);
7. Rename, move or delete the wad file (recommend renaming, it can be used as a backup should you obliterate your tngs).

Now, should you end up with a directory that looks like data\levels\levels\ then you screwed up step 6. Just take everything from the second levels folder and put it in the first.
If you got it right, congrats.

About the tngs.
Click here to learn about tngs.

Just open the one I mentioned earlier (use notepad), it'll be something close to startoakVale(something).tng (there should be three, an east, a west, and a memorial garden, the rest are fillers). Pick which ever. Copy and paste the stuff you pulled from BlueTooth's thread.
The stuff inside this sort of box.

What I highly recommend doing is grabbing this (an alternate, should you have a problem with that one, can be found here.

Open AE, load up the map, find your newly placed stuff, locate as you wish. Use other objects as a reference to know where you're going.

JohnDoe rates this 1/10.
Re: Getting Spells [message #37287 is a reply to message #37164] Sat, 26 January 2008 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I've followed all the steps. However, I'm getting a run-time error.
Re: Getting Spells [message #37290 is a reply to message #37287] Sat, 26 January 2008 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
It's great of you to be so detailed in explaining your problem to me.
My guess is that you tried to run Fable from the shortcut while FE was open.
When you're done with the FE part, go to (on the menu bar) Actions|Save Mods and Run Fable.
Ignore the splash error and enjoy.
Unless you are getting a runtime error somewhere else, but it isn't very clear in your description of the problem.
Re: Getting Spells [message #37292 is a reply to message #37164] Sat, 26 January 2008 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was Fable.exe that had the run-time error. It happens during the loading point when I either start a new game or try to load another one.

I'll be more detailed from now on...
Re: Getting Spells [message #37297 is a reply to message #37292] Sat, 26 January 2008 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
JohnDoe wrote on Sat, 26 January 2008 20:19

My guess is that you tried to run Fable from the shortcut while FE was open.

You didn't tell me if this was the case or not...
Re: Getting Spells [message #37348 is a reply to message #37164] Mon, 28 January 2008 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, it wasn't the problem. The main problem occurred whenever I tried to load the level that I was in.
Re: Getting Spells [message #37349 is a reply to message #37348] Mon, 28 January 2008 05:54 Go to previous message

Retired
I'm guessing you mean that you go to where you have the pedestal and you crash.
This means there is a scripting error.
I don't know how this is possible considering you should have copy/pasted it, but in any case, please post the script.
Previous Topic: Making Your Weapons Appear to be Light
Next Topic: Gah... Help?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:54:07 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01292 seconds